Two words to describe these Zucchini Chips are crispy and delicious. Thinly sliced zucchini, coated in a savory cheese and breadcrumb mixture, and baked to a golden-brown delight. These make an irresistible snack or a great side dish.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1/4 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Asiago, breadcrumbs, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each zucchini piece into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides and pressing so it sticks.
- Place zucchini in the air fryer basket and then place the basket in the oven. Place the basket on top of the wire rack (don’t forget to place the enamel tray under to avoid getting crumbs in the oven). Close the oven door.
- Press Air fry/Broil/Combo selecting Air fry option, using the dial set time to 30 minutes and press START
- After 15 minutes open the oven and take out the basket (basket will be hot) and turn the zucchini
- Place the basket back in the microwave, close door and press START.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt as desired.
Dip in your favorite tomato sauce and enjoy!