LUMIX GX8 4K Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Body Only – Black
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- Unique, in-body stabilization in combination with select optically stabilized lenses work together for class-leading Dual Image Stabilization results. Learn more about Dual I.S.
- New 20.3-megapixel sensor achieves Panasonic’s highest image quality
- Worry-free splashproof / dustproof rugged body.
- Over 20 Interchangeable lens options available
THAT MOMENT you want to remember can occur at any time, and Panasonic's exclusive 4K PHOTO technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K Ultra HD Video to extract them as photos. You'll never miss THAT MOMENT again.
• 4K Photo feature extracts 8-megapixel photo out of a 4K video sequence up to QFHD: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30 fps, 100Mbit/s.
The 4K Photo function can be used in three different modes, all allowing you to capture that perfect moment at a high burst rate of 30 frames / photos per second:
• 4K Burst - burst shooting 8-megapixel equivalent images extracted from 4K video as long as the shutter button is pressed.
• 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) - 4K burst recording as 4K video then play, pause, and extract any frame / photo as an 8-megapixel equivalent image later.
• 4K Pre-Burst - 4K pre-burst starts recording one second before and after you press the shutter button. Perfect for unpredictable moments.
4K video delivers a far more intense viewing experience that is four times larger* than Full HD, resulting in a much higher level of detail.
* Native resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
** When recording videos in 4K, use a card rated as UHS Speed Class 3.
The LUMIX GX8 integrates Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer)* for more effective results. The GX8's body I.S. works in tandem with the LUMIX lens I.S. for maximum stabilization.
* For photo.
The LUMIX GX8 camera body is composed of a magnesium alloy, full diecast front and rear frame. Tight seals on every joint, dial and button enable splashproof / dustproof performance.
*Splash Proof is a term used to describe an extra level of protection this camera offers against
exposure to a minimal amount of moisture, water or dust. Splash Proof does not guarantee that
damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with water.
The LUMIX GX8 employs the newly-developed 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor that achieves high-speed bursts, ISO25600 high sensitivity, and a wider dynamic range. Combined with the Venus Engine, the GX8 achieves clear image rendering with minimum noise, even in low-light situations.
Panasonic LUMIX G DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) cameras offer a wide variety of digital, interchangeable lenses. Many feature Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) compatibility when mounted to the LUMIX GX8*. Even those without O.I.S. can be used.
* Firmware update is required for some lenses.
The LUMIX GX8 features a premium flat body with front/rear dials to control aperture and shutter speed settings. Settings can also be assigned to eight function buttons.* In addition, it is possible to adjust the exposure compensation with a dedicated dial.
* Eight buttons on the body and five buttons on the menu.
The LUMIX GX8 comes with a high-resolution (2,360k-dot), tiltable OLED Live View Finder which affords high visibility thanks to a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and a high 0.77x magnification (35mm camera equivalent). An optional eyecup (DMW-EC3) made of elastic material enhances comfort.
The 1040k-dot rear monitor boasts tilt & swivel capability, making it more comfortable even for vertical composition. Plus, its touch control allows you to quickly set focus just by touching the subject on the screen.
With the new AF Tracking algorithm, not only the color but also the size and motion vector of the target are recognized, enabling the camera to lock on the subject even more securely.
Panasonic's Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology* instantly calculates the distance between foreground and background and quickly brings the subject into focus with one fast, continuous movement. This new system results in AF speeds up to 0.07 seconds** and a burst shooting speed with Continuous Auto Focus (AFC) of 6 frames per second.
* Contrast AF with DFD technology works only with Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses. ** In AFS, at wide-end with H-FS14140 or H-HS12035 (CIPA).
Low Light Auto Focus makes it possible to focus on subjects more precisely in -4EV low light situations. In addition, the LUMIX GX8 includes a new Starlight AF feature which lets you shoot a starry night sky using auto focus.
High shutter speed at maximum 1/8000 second enables precise capture of fast-moving subjects, and also allows you to open the aperture in bright outdoor environments. A maximum 1/16000 second with an electronic shutter reduces washouts even under strong sunlight and 1/250 second flash synchronization speed lets you use a fully open aperture even for bright scenes
The LUMIX GX8 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera.
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds
- Camera Format Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Pixels Actual: 21.77 Megapixel
- Effective: 20.3 Megapixel
- Max Resolution 5184 x 3888
- Aspect Ratio 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Type / Size MOS, 17.3 x 13 mm
- File Formats Still Images: JPEG, MPO, RAW
- Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, MP4
- Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch
- Dust Reduction System Yes
- Memory Card Type SD
- Image Stabilization Sensor-Shift
- AV Recording
- Video Recording Yes, NTSC
- Video Format 4K
- 3840 x 2160p / 30 fps (100 Mbps)
- 3840 x 2160p / 24 fps (100 Mbps)
- High Definition
- 1920 x 1080p / 60 fps (28 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080p / 30 fps (20 Mbps)
- High Definition
- 1280 x 720p / 30 fps (10 Mbps)
- Standard Definition
- 640 x 480p / 30 fps (4 Mbps)
- High Definition
- 1920 x 1080p / 60 fps (28 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080p / 30 fps (24 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080p / 24 fps (24 Mbps)
- High Definition
- 1920 x 1080i / 60 fps (17 Mbps)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9
- Video Clip Length Up to 29 Min 59 Sec
- Audio Recording Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo
- Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo + Mono
- Focus Control
- Focus Type Auto & Manual
- Focus Mode Continuous-servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points Contrast Detection: 49
- Viewfinder Type Electronic
- Viewfinder Pixel Count 2360000
- Viewfinder Eye Point 21.00 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage 1
- Viewfinder Magnification Approx. 0.77x
- Diopter Adjustment - 4 to +3 m
- Display Screen 3" Rear Touchscreen Swivel Touchscreen OLED (1,040,000)
- Screen Coverage 1
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)
- Shutter Type: Electronic & Mechanical
- Speed: 60 - 1/8000 second
- Type: Electronic & Mechanical
- Speed: 30 - 0 minute in Bulb Mode
- 1/25 - 1/16000 second in Movie Mode
- Type: Electronic
- Speed: 1 - 1/16000 second
- Remote Control DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
- Metering Method Center-weighted average metering, Multiple, Spot metering
- Exposure Modes Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
- Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 18.0
- Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- White Balance Modes Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4
- Burst Rate Up to 10 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 100 frames
- Up to 8 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 100 frames
- Up to 6 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 100 frames
- Up to 5.5 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 100 frames
- Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- Flash Modes Auto
- Auto/Red-eye Reduction
- Forced On
- Forced On/Red-eye Reduction
- Slow Sync
- Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
- Built-in Flash No
- Max Sync Speed 1 / 250 seconds
- Flash Compensation -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Dedicated Flash System TTL
- External Flash Connection Hot Shoe
- Continuous Shooting Up to 30 fps
- Self Timer 10 seconds, 2 seconds
- Interval Recording Yes
- Connectivity 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, Viera Link
- Wi-Fi Capable Yes
- Software System Requirements Windows: Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
- Mac: OS X 10.5 or later
- Battery 1x DMW-BLC12 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh
- AC Power Adapter DMW-AC10 with DMW-DCC8 (Optional)
- Operating/Storage Temperature Operating
- 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Humidity: 10 - 80%
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 5.2 x 3.1 x 2.5" / 133.2 x 77.9 x 63.1 mm
- Weight 1.07 lb / 487 g with battery and memory card
- UPC 885170254534
LUMIX FL200L Flash: Wirless Hybrid Flash System with Built-in Video LEDDMW-FL200L
Panasonic LUMIX FL580L Flash: Hybrid Flash System with Built-in Video LEDDMW-FL580L