LUMIX G85 4K Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit with 12-60mm Lens
- Less bulky than a DSLR, the LUMIX G85 is the compact 4K video-enabled Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless (DSLM) camera with true-to-life photo image quality.
- Newly developed in-body gyro sensor adds class-leading 5-axis body stabilization that when mated to LUMIX 2-axis optically stabilized lenses for a “Dual IS” effect, is worth nearly 5 f-stops in video and still capture.
- 4K Video recording at 30p/24p 100 Mbps plus a 3.5mm port for external microphones. (Full HD 60p 28Mbps)
- Weather sealed splashproof and dustproof, rugged enough to withstand even the most challenging environments.
- 16-Megapixel MFT eliminates the need for low-pass sensor filters while boosting fine detail resolving power sensor.
- Never miss a photo with 3 unique 4K Ultra HD Video pause and save 4K Photo Modes
- Expand creative possibilities with 27 (and growing) interchangeable lens options
The Panasonic LUMIX G85 offers over 27 LUMIX compact lens options built on the next-generation interchangeable lens camera standard (Micro Four Thirds) pioneered by Panasonic. Its “mirrorless” design enables a lighter, more compact camera body that includes cutting-edge video, audio, creative controls, wireless, intelligent-focusing, gyro sensor control in body image stabilization and exposure technologies not possible with traditional DSLRs. And with the exclusive LUMIX 4K Ultra HD video pause and export as a 4K PHOTO mode, you’ll never again miss that one shot that perfectly captures a scene.
When life's adventures take you places, you need a camera that keeps up. Photographer Mitchell Kanashkevich took the LUMIX G85 on a journey to Romania. Perfect for outdoor shooting, the Dual Image Stabilizer helped him take crisper, clearer images in difficult and fast-moving environments, while the compact, weather-sealed body and kit lens improved flexibility wherever he went. See the difference a LUMIX G85 makes on your adventures, too.
With the LUMIX G85, a new gyro sensor increases the image stability compensation power of the 5-Axis Body image stabilization to correct hand-shake for all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with optical image stabilization.
The LUMIX G85 integrates 5-Axis Dual I.S.2 (Image Stabilizer)*, combining 5-axis body and 2-axis lens stabilization for more effective handshake correction and compensation for shots up to 5 f-stops**. The 5-axis stabilization works in both wide and telephoto photography and motion picture recording, including 4K Video.
Rugged enough to withstand even the most challenging environments, the splash/dustproof body gives you the flexibility and freedom to never stop exploring. The thick, ergonomically designed grip provides stable shooting even with one hand.
LUMIX-pioneered 4K PHOTO lets you capture the perfect moment by selecting single frames from a 4K video sequence shot at a blistering 30fps to save as individual high-res images.
Prolong battery life to approximately 800–900* images with a power-saving eye sensor that detects when your eye moves away from the viewfinder and automatically enter Sleep mode.A Grip On Power
Shoot longer with two batteries — one in the camera, the other in the optional battery grip (DMW-BGG1). The grip also makes handling the camera more comfortable, even in vertical angle shooting and it perfectly matches the camera's rugged splash/dustproof design.
Enjoy the creative freedom of being able to decide what you want in focus, even after you shoot. Exclusive POST FOCUS mode gives you the power to review an image and touch the area you'd like to be pinpoint sharp. What's more, a new Focus Stacking feature lets you easily select several focus points in the same image.
The LUMIX G85 includes a new electromagnetic drive in the shutter unit. The shock caused by movement of the shutter diaphragm is dramatically reduced and the shutter sound is significantly minimized. Together with the use of a new solid magnesium front panel, shutter shock is reduced by approximately 90% compared with the LUMIX G7.DFD - Ultra High Speed Focusing
Thanks to the DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology that instantly calculates distance to subject by evaluating two images with different sharpness levels, ultra-high-speed AF and 6-fps burst shooting with AFC, and 9-fps burst shooting with AFS is possible. The compatibility of the UHS-II SDXC/SDHC Memory Card and increased buffer memory elevate the maximum number of recordable images in consecutive shooting up to 300 (JPEG) / 45 (RAW) or more.
The Live View Finder with 0.74X (35mm equiv.) magnification ratio gives you the freedom to frame your shot and capture everything you see. Plus, 2360K-dot high resolution and approximately 100% color reproduction provides high visibility under any circumstances.
The 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor with no low pass filter helps capture sharper images with more detail.
Shoot true-to-life images with excellent resolution, high contrast and impressive color reproduction. Removing the Low Pass Filter improves quality by approximately 10%* while the Venus Engine designed for the LUMIX G85 detects high-frequency components to suppress the generation of moiré. Combining the Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine renders clear images with minimum noise even in low-light situations and a maximum sensitivity of ISO25600.
With highest quality 4K Video, the LUMIX G85 lets you record every journey's twists and turns in up to 4X the resolution of Full HD. More detail and more clarity means more memories to look back on, all in perfect quality.
- Image Stabilization System Image sensor shift type (5-axis / 5-stop), Dual I.S. (Dual I.S. 2 compatible)
- TIME LAPSE SHOT Yes
- STOP MOTION ANIMATION Yes
- SILENT MODE Yes
- NOTE * About motion picture recording / 4K PHOTO recording
- - Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- - Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I / UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].
- (SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- - MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K]:
- - When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- - When using an SDXC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 96 GB or 3 hours 4 minutes in length, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- - MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD]:
- - You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB or 30 minutes in length, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- - When the ambient temperature is high or continuous recording is performed, the camera may stop the recording to protect itself. Wait until the camera cools down.
- ** For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
- Type Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera
- Recording media SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Recording media (Compatible with UHS-I / UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)
- Image sensor size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total pixels 16.84 megapixels
- Camera effective pixels 16.00 megapixels
- Color filter Primary color filter
- Dust reduction system Supersonic wave filter
- Aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard
- Image quality MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds system standard)
- Color Space sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Continuous recordable time (Motion picture) AVCHD [FHD/60i]: Approx. 120 min with H-FS12060
- Continuous recordable time (Motion picture) MP4 [4K/30p]: Approx. 90 min with H-FS12060
- Actual recordable time (Motion picture) AVCHD [FHD/60i]: Approx. 60 min with H-FS12060
- Actual recordable time (Motion picture) MP4 [4K/30p]: Approx. 45 min with H-FS12060
- Recording file format
- Still image JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds system standard)
- Motion picture AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Digital 2ch), MP4 (Audio format: AAC 2ch)
- File size(Pixels)
- Still Image [4:3] 4592x3448(L) / 3232x2424(M) / 2272x1704(S) / 1824x1368 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Still Image [3:2] 4592x3064(L) / 3232x2160(M) / 2272x1520(S) / 1824x1216 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Still Image [16:9] 4592x2584(L) / 3840x2160(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1824x1024 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Still Image [1:1] 3424x3424(L) / 2416x2416(M) / 1712x1712(S) / 1712x1712 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Motion picture*
- MP4 N/A
- AVCHD N/A
- MP4* [4K] 3840x2160:4K/30p 100Mbps, 4K/24p 100Mbps
- MP4* [Full HD] 1920x1080:FHD/60p 28Mbps, FHD/30p 20Mbps
- MP4* [HD] 1280x720:HD/30p 10Mbps
- AVCHD* [Full HD] 1920x1080 FHD/60p: 28Mbps, 60p recording
- AVCHD* [Full HD] 1920x1080 FHD/60i: 17Mbps, 60i recording
- AVCHD* [Full HD] 1920x1080 FHD/30p: 24Mbps, 60i recording (sensor output is 30fps)
- AVCHD* [Full HD] 1920x1080 FHD/24p: 24Mbps, 24p recording
- WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch), Wi-Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode
- NFC No
- QR Code Connection Yes
- Password-less connection Yes (ON / OFF selectable)
- Type OLED Live View Finder (2,360k dots)
- Field of view Approx. 100%
- Magnification Approx. 1.48x / 0.74x (35mm camera equivalent) with 50 mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1
- Eye point Approx. 20 mm from eyepiece lens
- Diopter adjustment -4.0 - +4.0 (dpt)
- Eye sensor Yes
- Eye sensor adjustment High / Low
- Type Contrast AF system
- DFD technology Yes
- Post Focus Yes
- Focus Stacking Yes
- Focus mode AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF
- AF mode Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-Area / Custom Multi / 1-Area / Pinpoint
- AF mode (Full area touch is available)
- AF detective range EV -4 - 18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- Starlight AF Yes
- AF assist lamp Yes
- AF lock Yes (AF/AE LOCK button)
- Others One Shot AF, Shutter AF, Half Press Release, Quick AF, AF Sensitivity, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Eye Sensor AF, AF+MF, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, Focus Peaking, Touch AF/AE Function, Touch Pad AF, Touch Shutter
- Light metering system 1728-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light metering mode Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering range EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 100 (Extended) / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) (Up to ISO6400 in motion picture recording) (ISO Auto in M mode)
- Exposure compensation 1/3 EV step ±5EV (±3EV for motion picture)
- AE lock Yes (AF/AE LOCK button)
- AE bracket N/A
- White balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Color temperature setting
- White balance adjustment Blue/Amber bias, Magenta/Green bias
- Color temperature setting 2500 - 10000K in 100K
- White balance bracket N/A
- Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed Still image: Bulb (Max. 2 minutes), 1/4,000 - 60
- Shutter speed Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/30
- Shutter speed Electronic shutter: 1/16,000 - 1
- Shutter speed Electronic first curtain shutter: 1/2,000 - 60
- Self timer 10sec, 3 images / 2sec / 10sec
- Remote control Remote control with Bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
- Still image N/A
- Motion picture N/A
- AE bracket 3, 5, 7 images in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV step, max. ±3 EV, single/burst
- Aperture Bracket 3, 5 or all positions in 1 EV step
- Focus Bracket 1 to 999 images, focus steps can be set in 5 levels
- White balance bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- Panorama shot Yes (Standard / Wide)
- Burst speed [Mechanical shutter] AFS: H: 9 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Burst speed [Mechanical shutter] AFC: H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Burst speed [Electronic shutter] SH: 40 frames/sec
- Burst speed [Electronic shutter] AFS: H: 10 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Burst speed [Electronic shutter] AFC: H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Number of recordable images More than 45 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed)
- Number of recordable images More than 300 images (when there are no RAW files)
- Number of recordable images (Depending on memory card type, aspect, picture size and compression)
4K PHOTO MODE
- 4K Photo mode* 4K Burst: 30 frames/sec
- 4K Photo mode* 4K Burst (S/S): 30 frames/sec
- 4K Photo mode* 4K Pre-Burst: 30 frames/sec, approx. 2 seconds
- 4K Photo mode* (Depending on memory card size and battery power)
- Exif information Yes
- Selectable aspect ratio N/A
- Exposure mode N/A
- Marking function Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode)
- Loop rec function Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode)
- Flash type TTL Built-in-Flash, GN9.0 equivalent (ISO200 ・m) / GN6.2 equivalent (ISO100 ・m), Built-in Pop-up (Reference）
- Flash Mode Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off * For iA, iA+ only.
- Synchronization speed Less than 1/160 second
- Flash output adjustment 1/3EV step ±3EV
- Flash synchronization 1st Curtain Sync., 2nd Curtain Sync.
- Synchronization for flash dimming and exposure compensation Yes
- Wireless control Yes (When using DMW-FL200L / FL360L / FL580L (Optional))
- Type TFT LCD monitor with static touch control
- Monitor size Free-angle 3.0-inch (7.5cm) / 3:2 aspect / Wide viewing angle
- Pixels Approx. 1,040k dots
- Filed of view Approx. 100%
- Monitor adjustment Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Red-Green, Blue-Yellow
- Digital zoom 2x, 4x
- Extra Tele Conversion Still image: Max. 2x
- Extra Tele Conversion Motion picture: 2.4x (FHD), 3.6x (HD)
- Other functions Level Gauge, Real-time Histogram, Guide Lines (3 patterns), Highlight display (Still image / motion picture), Zebra Pattern (Still image / motion picture)
DIRECTION DETECTION FUNCTION
- Direction Detection Function Yes
- Self Shot Mode N/A
- Shutter N/A
- Effect N/A
- Fn1, Fn2, Fn3, Fn4, Fn5, Fn6 N/A
- Fn1, Fn2, Fn3, Fn4, Fn5, Fn6, Fn7, Fn8, Fn9 N/A
- Fn1, Fn2, Fn3, Fn4, Fn5, Fn6, Fn7, Fn8, Fn9, Fn10 Exposure Comp. / Wi-Fi / Q.MENU / LVF/Monitor Switch / LVF/Monitor Disp. Style / AF/AE LOCK / AF-ON / Preview / One Push AE / Touch AE / Level Gauge / Focus Area Set / Zoom Control / Cursor Button Lock / Dial Operation Switch / Photo Style / Filter Select / Aspect Ratio / Picture Size / Quality / AFS/AFF / Metering Mode / Burst Rate / 4K Photo / Self Timer / Bracket / Highlight Shadow / i. Dynamic / i. Resolution / HDR / Shutter Type / Flash Mode / Flash Adjust. / Wireless Setup (Flash) / Ex. Tele Conv. / Digital Zoom / Stabilizer Sensitivity / White Balance / AF Mode / 4K Live Crop / Snap Movie / Motion Pic. Set / Picture Mode / Mic. Directivity Adjust / Silent Mode / Peaking / Histogram / Guide Line / Zebra Pattern / Monochrome Live View / Rec Area / Step Zoom / Zoom Speed / Touch Screen / Restore to Default
- Still image and motion picture Standard / Vivid / Natural / Monochrome / L. Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom / Cinelike D* / Cinelike V* *When Creative Video Mode is selected.
- Still image Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome / Silky Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Fantasy / Star Filter / One Point Color / Sunshine
- Motion picture Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Fantasy / One Point Color
CREATIVE VIDEO MODE
- Exposure mode Program AE / Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure
MOTION PICTURE FUNCTION
- Cinelike gamma Cinelike D / Cinelike V
- Flicker reduction [1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF
- Playback function 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (All / Picture Only / Video Only / 4K PHOTO / Post Focus / 3D / Category Selection / Favorite, duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal / Picture Only / Video Only / 4K PHOTO / Post Focus / 3D Play / Category / Favorite), Location Logging, RAW Processing, 4K PHOTO Bulk Saving, Light Composition, Clear Retouch, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Time Lapse Video, Stop Motion Video, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Rotation Display, Favorite, DPOF Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit, Picture Sort, Creating Still Pictures from a Motion Picture
IMAGE PROTECTION / ERASE
- Protection Single / Multi
- Erase Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible
- USB USB 2.0 Micro-B
- HDMI N/A
- HDMI** microHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link
- HDMI** Video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p
- HDMI** Audio: Stereo
- HDMI** Monitor-through: 4:2:2/8-bit (While recording motion picture on the SD memory card in the camera unit.)
- Audio video output No
- Remote input φ2.5mm for remote
- External microphone input φ3.5mm for external microphone
- External microphone input Stereo/Lens Auto/Shotgun/Super Shotgun/Manual is selectable when attaching DMW-MS2 (optional).
- Microphone Stereo, Wind-cut: OFF / Standard / High
- Speaker Monaural
- OSD language Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional)
- Battery Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh, 8.7Wh) (included)
- Battery life (CIPA standard) Approx. 330 images (rear monitor), 320 images (LVF) with H-FS12060
- Battery life (CIPA standard) Power Save LVF Shooting mode: Approx. 800 images* with H-FS12060
- Battery life (CIPA standard) * Under the test conditions specified by Panasonic based on CIPA standard. When the time to get in the sleep mode is set to 3 sec.
- Battery grip DMW-BGG1 (optional)
- DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 128.4 x 89 x 74.3 mm / 5.06 x 3.50 x 2.93 inch (excluding protrusions)
- Weight Approx. 505g / 1.11 lb (SD card, Battery, Body)
- Weight Approx. 453g / 1.00 lb (Body only)
- Weight Approx. 715g / 1.58 lb (SD card, Battery, H-FS12060 lens included)
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
- Operating temperature 0oC to 40oC (32oF to 104oF)
- Operating humidity 10%RH to 80％RH
- STANDARD ACCESSORIES
- Software ・ The software to edit and playback images on computer is not bundled with DMC-G85. To do this, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is available for download at Panasonic website using computer connected to the Internet.
- http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/soft/download/d_pfs99pe.html (For Windows)
- ・ The software to process RAW file on computer is not bundled with DMC-G85. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using computer connected to the Internet.
- http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/p/ (For Windows / Mac)
- Standard accessories DMC-G85 Kit
- Standard accessories Hot Shoe Cover, Body Cap, Battery Pack, Battery Charger, AC Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap
- Standard accessories ・ The DMC-G85 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet.
- Lens Name LUMIX G VARIO 12-60mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- Lens Construction 11 elements in 9 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens)
- Nano Surface Coating -
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer Yes (POWER O.I.S.)
- Focal Length f=12-60mm (35mm camera equivalent 24-120mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture range N/A
- Aperture N/A
- Maximum Aperture F3.5 (Wide) - F5.6 (Tele)
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.20m / 0.66ft (Wide), 0.25m / 0.82ft (Tele)
- Maximum magnification Approx. 0.27x / 0.54x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 84.05°(Wide) to 20.44°(Tele)
- Filter Size φ58mm / 2.3inch
- Max. Diameter φ66.0mm / 2.6inch
- Overall Length Approx. 71mm / 2.80inch (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight [g] Approx. 210g (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Weight [oz] Approx. 7.41oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Others N/A
- Lens Name N/A
- Lens Construction N/A
- Nano Surface Coating N/A
- Mount N/A
- Optical Image Stabilizer N/A
- Focal Length N/A
- Aperture Type N/A
- Aperture range N/A
- Aperture N/A
- Maximum Aperture N/A
- Minimum Aperture N/A
- Closest Focusing Distance N/A
- Maximum magnification N/A
- Diagonal Angle of View N/A
- Filter Size N/A
- Max. Diameter N/A
- Overall Length N/A
- Weight [g] N/A
- Weight [oz] N/A
- Others N/A
- UPC 885170294646
External Flash + Microphones
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Hoods + Caps
- Version: 1.4
1. Improved compatibility with the Panasonic LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm /
F1.7 ASPH. (H-X1025) digital interchangeable lens.
2. Improved compatibility with the Panasonic Remote Shutter DMW-RS2.
3. Improved operational stability.
- Release Date: 07-09-2019
- Operating Systems: windows/mac