Panasonic LUMIX S5, 4K Mirrorless Full Frame L-Mount Camera – DC-S5BODY
- LIMITED TIME PRE-ORDER PROMOTION: Pre-order by Sep 30 at authorized dealers and claim by Nov 15 to get a free SIGMA 42.5mm lens. While supplies last. Find out more: panasonic.registria.com/lumixpromo
- DETAILED PHOTO AND VIDEO THAT WILL DELIGHT ENTHUSIASTS AND EXPERTS ALIKE: The Lumix S5 makes it easy and accessible to capture content in impressive high resolution. 96MP High Resolution Recording mode delivers with clarity and precision. Dual Native ISO minimizes noise in high sensitivity. V-Log/V-Gamut compatibility offers a 14+ stop dynamic range to capture every detail.
- IMPROVED, HIGH-PRECISION AUTOFOCUS AND POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION:Improved autofocus includes detection of the head as well as eyes, face and body, to capture subjects with ease and precision. 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 enables 6.5-stop slower shutter speed. Also equipped with Double SD memory card slot (UHS-II/UHS-I) for reliability.
- EXPANDED FEATURES OFFER NEW LEVELS OF CREATIVITY: Use Live View Composite mode to instantly create a stunning image out of several live shots; the shutter releases at designated intervals of exposure time to merge the bright parts into a single image. Useful for shooting fireworks or a starry sky.
Whether you're a content creator, DIY filmmaker, photo hobbyist, or seasoned photographer, the S5 truly has it all: from a 24.2MP CMOS sensor with Dual Native ISO, to 4:2:2 10-bit video, to unlimited recording time in 4K/30p 4:2:0 8-bit and Live Composte mode.
Dual native ISO Technology to realize ISO51200 clean high sensitivity video
5-axis Dual I.S.2 combines control of the Body I.S. and Lens O.I.S. to offer 6.5 stops worth of correction* to keep your video clear and steady even when shooting on the go.
* 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 can be used with the lens S-R24105, S-E70200 and S-R70200 as of September 2, 2020.
Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=200mm when S-E70200 is used.
Features high-speed (approx. 0.08 sec*), high precision AF. Improved autofocus includes detection of the head as well as eyes, face, and body, to capture subjects with ease and precision.
*11EV, at wide-end with S-R24105 (CIPA) in LVF120 fps setting
Enjoy unlimited recording in 4K/30p 4:2:0 8bit with optimum heat disperson. 14+ stops dynamic range with pre-installed V-Log/V-Gamut, FHD180fps, and 4:3 Anamorphic support for vibrant storytelling.
The tough body is dust- and splash-resistant* thanks to sealing and other protection for seams, buttons, and other functional parts.
*Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Photos can now be saved directly in the JPEG format for finely detailed, 96-megapixel-equivalent images characteristic of LUMIX.
- Version: 2.0
1. Improved AF performance
- Recognition performance during video recording in V-Log has been improved.
- Human/Animal recognition can be set ON or OFF when the AF mode is set to [1-Area] or [1-Area+].
- [AF+MF] can be used during video recording.
2. Added video functions
- The following C4K(4096x2160) video recording mode in MOV format has been supported.
* C4K60p/50p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
* C4K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
* C4K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 100Mbps, LPCM
- RAW video data output over HDMI has been supported.
* [5.9K] / [4K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 3.5K] 12-bit RAW video data can be output over HDMI.
The Apple ProRes RAW can be recorded on Atomos NINJA V.
· All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
· Software that supports Apple ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with NINJA V.
· Apply the LUT(Look up table ) available on the following customer supports site to make the same color grading as V-Log/V-Gamut
- It is possible to display the Vector Scope.
- [Master Pedestal Level] function has been added.
- [SS/Gain Operation] function has been added.
3. Other added functions
- [L.ClassicNeo] and [L.Monochrome S] have been added in [Photo Style].
- [Horizontal Image Flip(Monitor)] / [Vertical Image Flip(Monitor)] enables to reverse or not to reverse the monitor image when the free-angle monitor is rotated.
4. Improved operational stability
- There were cases low contrast images were not properly saved. This bug has been fixed.
- There were cases the light trails were interrupted in Live View Composite shooting. This bug has been fixed.
- There were cases linelike noise arose at the bottom of the image when it was shot at high shutter speed. This bus has been fixed.
- Release Date: 11-24-2020
- Operating Systems: windows/mac