LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera Kit, 20.3 Megapixels plus 80 Megapixel High-Resolution Mode, 5-Axis Dual I.S2 - DC-G9LK
- Full resolution 20.3-megapixel sensor, plus 80 megapixels high-resolution JPEG /RAW in-camera image.
- Fast 0.04 sec. (approx.) lock focus result *1 from a new LUMIX ultra high-speed AF technology. 60 fps [AFS] electronic shutter or 20 fps [AFC] electronic shutter high-speed burst in full-res.
- Massive 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder [LVF] with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.83X magnification, and blackout free 100% field of view.
- 5-Axis Dual I.S2 combines data from a gyro, accelerometer, & image sensors for stabilization performance of 6.5 stops lower shutter speeds *2 *3, when combined with LUMIX O.I.S. lenses with 2-Axis I.S.
- Dual UHS-II SD Card slots for in-camera backup, relay, or format allocation recording.
- Lighted top mounted Status LCD for at a glance feedback on camera setup.
In the studio or out in the field, this professional-grade, full-featured LUMIX G9LK mirrorless camera and precision Leica DG 12-60mm lens kit is all you need to confidently shoot and record everything from stunning portraits, breathtaking landscapes and thrilling action stills, to unforgettable 4K Video, 6K Photo burst capture and more, in any light and in all weather conditions.
A High-Resolution special mode yields 80 megapixels in RAW recording by shooting the 20.3-megapixel sensor 8 times to create a single image.
A Joystick Controller on the back can be used to smoothly and intuitively select focus blocks inside the focusing area grid overlay. A new 225-Area AF focus detection area has been massively increased from 49 (conventional LUMIX G cameras) to 225 points. The Custom Multi AF mode enables free selection of blocks inside the 225 focusing area.
A massive, super high-resolution 3,680k-dot OLED Live View Finder (LVF) improves visibility for perfect framing even under direct sunlight. With Panasonic’s highest-level 0.83x magnification to date and a long 21mm eye point distance, it is excellent for people who wear glasses.
5-Axis Dual I.S. 2.0 (Image Stabilizer)* intelligent compensation yields the equivalent of 6.5-stops in slower shutter speed**. Shake is nearly eliminated in both body and lens even while telephoto shooting***. It also works in both photo and video recording, including 4K video. Even lenses not equipped with Optical Image Stabilizers (O.I.S.) can benefit from the LUMIX G9 in-body image stabilization.
*5-axis Dual I.S. 2.0 works when attaching compatible the lenses. Lens firmware update is also required. **Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=60mm (35mm film camera equivalent f=120mm), when H-ES12060 is used]. *** Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=140mm (35mm film camera equivalent f=280mm), when H-FS14140 is used.]
A new status LCD instantly confirms the camera's settings. Convenient for shooting with frequent settings adjustments, and for simply framing with the viewfinder and rear monitor.
Equipped with dual SD card slots for larger capacity recording and efficient file arrangement. Relay recording allows for swapping a full card out for an empty card for virtually endless recording. A backup mode allows continuous recording on one card while starting and stopping recording on the other card. Simultaneous record duplicates recording on both cards.
Outstanding video performance with high-precision, silky-smooth 4K 60p recording (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160 / MP4). Plus, high-speed video recording yields a dramatic slow motion effect in 4K (60 fps max. 2x slower [30p playback]) or Full HD (180 fps max. 6x slower [30p playback]) quality.
A conveniently located function (Fn) Lever lets you quickly switch between precise custom settings. Great for instantly changing from RAW to JPEG, or shooting while switching between color and monochrome.
With customized AF settings, adjust AF directionality depending on the scene.
Custom Selectable AF Zone
Focus area group size and position are customizable for Multi AF / Custom Multi AF.
The shutter unit is durable for approx. 200,000 times release*. Not only does it offer the highest shutter speed at max. 1/8000 to capture fast-moving, spur-of-the-moment shots, you can also achieve impressive de-focus effects with fast aperture lenses under bright light.
*Panasonic LUMIX in-house examination.
The LUMIX G9 is built tough to withstand heavy professional use. It is freezeproof down to -10-degrees in addition to splash* / dustproof construction thanks to weather sealing on every joint, dial and button. A magnesium alloy full diecast armor frame makes the body lightweight yet durable while bringing ruggedness to the compact size.
*Splash Proof is a term used to describe an extra level of protection. This camera offers protection against exposure to a minimal amount of moisture, water or dust. Splash Proof does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with water.
USB power supply compatibility. Shoot while connected to the battery charger and eliminate worry about remaining battery power. A useful feature for nature photography when you need to wait patiently for the shot to happen.
By using two batteries — one in the camera and the other in the grip* — the optional DMW-BGG9 doubles battery life. Exclusively designed for the LUMIX G9, it perfectly matches its rugged design, yet provides familiar controls and a comfortable grip during vertical shooting.
*Batteries not included.
*1 In 1-Area AF, at wide-end with H-ES12060 (CIPA) in LVF 120 fps setting.
*2 5-Axis Dual I.S2 can be used with the lens H-FS12060 and H-FS14140 (requires firmware updated) as of January 4, 2017. The firmware for the use of 5-Axis Dual I.S2 with H-RS100400 will also be released in February 2017. H-ES200, -ES12060, H-HSA12035, H-HSA35100, H-FSA45200, and H-FSA100300 are all compatible with 5-Axis Dual I.S2.
*3 Approx 6.5 stops slower shutter speed based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f140mm (35mm film camera equivalent f280mm), when H-FS14140 is used.
- Version: 1.1
1.Improvement of AF performance
- AF tracking performance in video recording has been improved.
2.Improvement of Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) performance - There were cases where peripheral distortion occurred in video recording while walking when used with Panasonic wide zoom lenses (H-F007014, H-E08018). This bug has been fixed.
3. Improvement of High Resolution Mode - Performance of motion correction has been improved. - Minimum F11 aperture can be used. - There were cases where the High Resolution Mode is force-quit when switching to playback mode. This bug has been fixed.
4. Improvement of sound recording performance - Sound quality has been improved by optimizing the noise reduction performance of internal noise cancelling microphone.
5. New functions - [L.Monochrome D] has been added to Photo Style. - [Grain Effect] can be added and adjusted in Photo Style. - [Live View Boost] has been added, which makes it easy to check the composition on the monitor in low-light environment. - Maximum 20x enlarged view is available in [MF Assist]. - [Focus Ring Lock] has been added to [Custom] menu, which disables focus ring operation to lock the focus. - [WB/ISO/Expo. Button] has been added, which enables adjustment of WB/ISO/Exposure only while the exposure compensation button is pressed. This can be set [Custom]>[Operation]. - [Dial] has been added to [Custom]>[Operation Lock Setting].
6. Other improvements - [Focus Ring Lock], [E-Stabilization(Video)], [Mic Rec Level Disp.], [Live View Boost],and [L.Monochrome D] can be assigned to the Fn button that works in recording mode. - It is possible to choose images from group display such as burst shots in [RAW Processing] mode. - Restarting time from sleep mode has been shortened while using Image App and Bluetooth connection. You can choose to shorten the time of remote operation and image transfer or remote shutter control in [Setup]>[Bluetooth]>[Returning from Sleep Mode]. - There were cases where folder name was garbled when connecting wirelessly with Windows10-based PC. This bug has been fixed.
- Release Date: 05-30-2018
- Operating Systems: windows/mac