4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player with HDR10, HDR10+™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) Playback - Hi-Res Sound - 4K VOD Streaming and Voice Assist – Black
- Premium home entertainment enjoy high-dynamic range playback in three 4K/HDR formats HDR10+, HDR10 and hybrid log-gamma (hog)
- Panasonic HCX Processor (Hollywood Cinema experience) delivers powerful, precise Chroma and HDR processing for beyond-dazzling color and detail in your 4K/HDR content.
- Works with Alexa command a variety of operations without your remote with Alexa, Plus Access a wider variety of 4K content with 4K VOD streaming from Netflix, YouTube and prime video; Also works with Google Assistant.
- 4K high-precision Chroma Processor 4K image color signals (4: 2: 0) are interpolated into 4K (4: 4: 4) by a multi-tap Chroma process for stunning color and details, Natural textures and depth.
- Hi-res sound Connect to your audio system for Hi-Res studio Master sound from DSD (5. 6 MHz/2. 8 MHz/11. 2MHz) and ALAC music files and WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA/AIFF formats.
- 4K VOD Supported: Designed for Comfortable and Smart Image Viewing.
Enjoy your favorite content in the way the director intended with the DP-UB420 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player. Unique processing technology of Panasonic’s HCX (`Hollywood Cinema Experience) maximizes the color, clarity, and beauty of detailed 4K content in HDR10+, HDR10, and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) formats. Smart viewing features include voice assist with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant and 4K VOD NETFLIX/ YouTube streaming.HDR10+, HDR10 and HLG Formats
Panasonic's advanced Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports 4K/HDR formats like next-generation HDR10+ dynamic metadata, HDR10, the standard HDR format for films and UHD Blu-ray discs, and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG).HCX Processor
Panasonic's Hollywood Cinema Experience processor confidently delivers precise chroma and HDR processing for beyond-dazzling color and detail in all your 4K/HDR content.Vivid tones, natural textures and depth
Panasonic‘s unique 4K High Precision Chroma Processing. 4K image color signals (4:2:0) are integrated into 4K (4:4:4) by a multi-tap chroma process for full, natural tones and textures, and depth.Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
Panasonic's DP-UB420 supports voice assist with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. A wide, convenient variety of operations, such as play, pause, fast forward and more can be easily voice activated without a remote for hands-free control.Closer than ever to real life
Panasonic's original image processing technologies produce HDR images with higher-than-ever definition. From one scene to the next, mapping is applied to instantly adjust brightness levels in all your HDR content. Even HDR images from HDR10 and TV footage that don't support formats like HDR10+ and Hybrid Log-Gamma deliver dazzling playback.4K Direct Chroma Upscaling
By upconverting Full-HD chrominance and luminance signals directly into 4K signals, Panasonic's upscaling technologies produce 4K images with natural textures and incredible depth. To fully enjoy 4K Upscaling a 4K/UHD TV is required.High-clarity premium sound
192-kHz/32-bit 4-DAC supports and delivers high-resolution audio to reveal full, rich sounds and delicate tones of musical instruments and vocal performances. Twin HDMI terminals separate and transmit video and audio signals for higher, more satisfying sound quality.Enhanced sound purity
HDMI Low Clock Jitter Process faithfully reproduces the original sound recorded onto your Blu-ray discs and DVDs for exceptional audio no matter which brand of TV or AV receiver you have.Hi-Res playback
In addition to WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA/AIFF formats, DSD (5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz/11.2MHz) and ALAC music files can be faithfully reproduced for dazzling Hi-Res sound. Simply connect your Panasonic DP-UB420 to your home audio system to revel in music sources equivalent to true studio master sound quality.4K VOD streaming for Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube
Prime Video, Netflix and You Tube streaming enhances your 4K content choices. These high-definition internet video signals are processed by Panasonic's 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor to wow you with sharp, natural imaging.
- Ultra HD Blu-ray/ FULL HD 3D/ BD-Video yes
- BD-RE BD-RE DL (Ver3)
- BDAV/ BDMV/ JPEG/ MPO yes
- BD-R (Ver13) BD-R DL (Ver2)
- BDAV/ BDMV/ MKV/ JPEG/ MPO yes
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R1 DVD-R DL1 DVD-RW1
- DVD-Video/ DVD Video Recording yes
- AVCHD/ MKV yes/ yes* (*DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ AIFF/ DSD/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- JPEG/ MPO yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- +R1 +R DL1 +RW1
- Video/ AVCHD yes
- CD, CD-R -RW
- CD-DA/ DTS-CD yes
- MKV yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ AIFF/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- JPEG/ MPO yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital/ Dolby Digital Plus/ Dolby TrueHD) yes (Decode and Bitstream Output*2)
- DTS-HD Master Audio/ DTS-HD High Resolution Audio yes (Decode and Bitstream Output*2)
- Dolby Atoms/ DTS:X yes (Bitstream Output*2)
- FLAC yes (Max. 192 kHz/ 24 bit)
- WAV yes (Max. 384 kHz/ 32 bit)
- ALAC yes (Max. 96 kHz/ 32 bit (7.1ch), 176.4/192 kHz/ 32 bit (5.1ch))
- DSD (DFF, DSF) yes (2.8 MHz (2ch/ 5.1ch), 5.6 MHz (2ch/ 5.1ch), 11.2 MHz (2ch))
- AIFF yes (Max. 384 kHz/ 32 bit (2ch))
- Front 1 (USB 2.0 High Speed)
- Rear 1 (USB 3.0 Super Speed)
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ AIFF/ DSD (DFF, DSF)/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (Gapless Playback : FLAC/WAV/AIFF/DSD(DFF,DSF))
- MKV/ MP4 (H.264/ HEVC), TS (MPEG-2/ H.264/ HEVC) yes
- MPEG-2/ AVCHD/ AVCHD 3D yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- HCX Processor for Ultra HD Blu-ray yes
- System Gamma Adjustment yes
- HDR10 Metadata Display yes
- 4K Direct Chroma Up-scaling*4 yes
- 4K Networking (4K Video*6 Playback/ 4K JPEG Playback*4) yes
- 4K VOD yes*7
- Picture Type Presets*8 Normal/ Cinema/ Fine Cinema/ Retro Cinema/ Animation/ Live
- Block/ Randam/ Mosquito Noise Reduction yes
- Video on Demand in HD Quality yes
- Ultra HD Premium yes
- Deep Colour yes
- x.v.Colour*9 yes
- HDR_ yes
- HDR10+ yes*3
- Dolby Vision yes*3
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) yes
- HDR Optimizer
- HDR_Optimizer yes
- 4K Up-scaling45
- 60p/ 50p/ 4:4:4 (HDMI2.0) yes
- 24p/ 25p yes
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- TWIN HDMI yes
- Pure Audio on HDMI (HDMI Low Clock Jitter Process) yes
- High Quality Network Audio Playback*10 yes (FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ AIFF/ DSD/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3)
- High Clarity Sound Premium yes
- Digital Tube Sound yes (Up to 192 kHz/ 32 bit)
- Surround Re-Master*11 yes (Up to 192 kHz/ 32 bit)
- Audio D/A Converter yes
- Viewing Experience Controlled via Voice (Google Assitant/ Amazon Alexa) (Available for English) yes
- Unit Display yes (Dot Matrix)
- Remote Control yes (Simple)
- Subtitle Position/Brightness Adjustment yes
- HDAVI Control 5 (VIERA Link) yes
- Mirroring with Smartphone/Tablet*12 yes
- Internet Apps*13 yes
- Web Browser yes
- Wireless LAN System yes (Built-in) IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Network Contents Playback*10 (Client & Renderer) yes
- External HDD Playback*14 yes
- Network Drive Access yes
- BD-Live™*15 yes
- HDMI Output yes (2)
- Optical Output yes
- Analogue Audio LR Output yes*16
- Analogue Audio 7.1ch Output yes
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for Ultra HD Blu-ray, Network Contents Playback*10, BD-Live™*15, Internet Apps*13 and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use 31 W
- Standby (Quick Start Off): Network Standby On 8 W
- Standby (Quick Start Off): Network Standby Off 0.2 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*17 Approx. 16-15/16 x 2-1/2 x 8-1/16 inch
- Weight 5.3 lbs.
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices.
- *2 HDMI connections and compatible equipment (e.g. AV Receiver) required.
- *3 Enabled by software update. It already has been released (as of April, 2019).
- *4 For 4K Up-scaling playback a TV with same resolution is required.
- *5 For 4K/60p video, a high speed HDMI cable supporting 18 Gbps bandwidth is required.
- *6 MP4/ MKV/ TS (H.264/ HEVC) Up to 3840x2160 25p/ 30p, 4096x2160 24p
- *7 Some network content services may not be available in your country.
- *8 Ultra HD Blu-ray and Photo (JPG/ MPO) are not supported.
- *9 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.
- *10 File formats that are not supported by your Network Contents server (DLNA compatible server, etc.) cannot be played.
- *11 CD sampling is done at 176.4/88.2 kHz.
- *12 A device that supports the Mirroring function and Android™ ver. 4.2 or higher is required.
- *13 Requires broadband Internet service.
- *14 The external HDD with capacities of 4TB or less in processing NTFS/ FAT32 data is supported. Playback is not possible with some external hard disk drives.
- *15 To enjoy content, you will need to insert a USB (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service.
- *16 The analog 2-channel output terminal can also be used as an analog 7.1-channel output terminal.
- *17 Excluding the projecting parts.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice. All numbers given here are approximate.
- WARNING: The recording and playback of content on this or any other device may require permission from the owner of the copyright or other such rights in that content. Panasonic has no authority to and does not grant you that permission and explicitly disclaims any right, ability or intention to obtain such permission on your behalf. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of this or any other device complies with applicable copyright legislation in your country. Please refer to that legislation for more information on the relevant laws and regulations involved or contact the owner of the rights in the content you wish to record or playback.
- Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. For content recorded for your personal use.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE: Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™, Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and the logos are trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.
- "AVCHD" and the "AVCHD" logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- HDR10+™ logo is a trademark of HDR10+ Technologies, LLC.
- MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
- Dolby, Dolby Vision, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com.Manufactured under license from DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, DTS and the Symbol together, DTS-HD, and the DTS-HD logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.©DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and other countries.
- DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA CERTIFIED are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- THX and the THX logo are trademarks of THX Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries.
- ULTRA HD PREMIUM™ logo indicates that this product complies with [DISTRIBUTION SPECIFICATION] but only when this product plays back an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc that also bears the ULTRA HD PREMIUM™ logo. ULTRA HD PREMIUM™ logo is a trademark or registered trademark of the UHD Alliance,Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- The product with Hi-Res Audio logo is conformed to High-Resolution Audio standard defined by Japan Audio Society. This logo is used under license from Japan Audio Society.