50" Class 1080p Plasma HDTV
50" Class (50.0" Diagonal) 1080p Plasma HDTV with Anti-Glare Filter, EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control and Built-in SD Card Memory Slot
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 2.12
- Issues Addressed: During auto-scan, when a channel with a weak signal is encountered, the virtual channel of the next channel is assigned to previous channel by mistake.
- Release Date: 11-6-2007
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Screen Size 50" Class (50.0" diagonal)
Contrast RatioUp to 10,000:1
- Compatible Signal Formats 1080p/1080i/720p/480p
Aspect Ratio16:9 (Widescreen)
- Displayable Colors Maximum 68.7 Billion Equivalent Colors for Darker Part
- Shades of Gradation 4,096
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.576 x 0.576 mm
- Panel Type G10 Progressive 1080p HD Plasma Display Panel
- Aspect Control for TV/AV Modes 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 1920 x 1080
- Progressive Scan Yes
- Video Noise Reduction Yes
- Digital Comb Filter Motion Adaptive 3D-Y/C
- Color Purity Optimizer (3D Color Management) Yes
- Sub-Pixel Controller Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Studio Ref. Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Digital Cinema Reality Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2(L,R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Ouput 20W (10% THD) (8 ohms, 70Hz-17kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- BBE® ViVA HD3D Sound No
- Tuners Integrated ATSC
- Photo Viewer Yes (SD Slot)
- SD Card Slot Yes
- HDMI Input 2
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) 1 rear
- Composite Video Input 3 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 3 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 3 (1 side)
- PC Input (RGB-VGA) No
- Audio Input (for PC) No
- Component Video Input [Y, PB(CB), PR(CR)] 2 rear
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2 rear
- Composite Video Output 1 rear
- Audio Output 1 rear
- Digital Audio Out 1
- IR Out No
- Headphone Jack No
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control Yes, via HDMI interface
TV Guide On-Screen Program GuideNo
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- One Tuner Split Screen Display No
- On-Screen Display Languages English/Spanish/French
- P-I-P Scalable Size No
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers - Sleep/On/Off Sleep (Off only)
- Video Input Labeling Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 693 W
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F
- Pedestal Stand Included
- Remote Control Included
- Screen Coating (Filter) Anti-Glare Coating
- Dimensions (H x W x D) w/Optional Speakers -
- Dimensions (H x W x D) w/Stand 31.6" x 52.1" x 14.6"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 111.3 lbs
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 29.7'' x 52.1'' x 3.92''
- Weight 94.8 lbs.
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.