50" VIERA Plasma 720p HDTV
50" Class (49.9" Diagonal) Widescreen VIERA Plasma 720p HDTV with New Anti-Reflective Filter, Deep Color Technology, Game Mode, Built-In SD Card Slot, 3 HDMI Inputs and VIERA Link® HDAVI Control
- Model Type Plasma
- Series PX80
- Model Year 2008
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioNative: 15,000:1
- Display Capability 1080p/1080i/720p/480p
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 1,049,088 (1,366 x 768)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.810 x 0.810 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 4,096 equivalent
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- Panel G11 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
480Hz Sub-field Drive480Hz
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Video Noise Reduction Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Digital Cinema Reality Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W (10% THD)
(8 ohms, 70 Hz - 17 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- SD Memory Card Slot (SDHC Compatible) Yes
- HDMI Input 3 (1 front)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) 2
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 front)
- S-Video Input 2 (1 front)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 front)
- PC Input No
- Audio Input (for PC) No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Composite Video Output 1
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- Headphone Jack No
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Off
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 497 W
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle -
- Optional Floor Stand Included (TBLX0037)
Optional Wall-mounting Bracket
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 33.1" x 47.6" x 15.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 82.7 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 36.3" x 52.7" x 13.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 31.1'' x 47.6'' x 3.7''
- Weight 76.8 lbs.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size