42" VIERA Plasma 720p HDTV
42" Class (41.6" Diagonal) Widescreen VIERA Plasma 720p HDTV with New Anti-Reflective Filter, Deep Color Technology, Game Mode, Built-In SD Card Slot, 3 HDMI Inputs and VIERA Link® HDAVI Control
- Model Type Plasma
- Series PX80
- Model Year 2008
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast RatioNative: 15,000:1
- Display Capability 1080p/1080i/720p/480p
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 786,432 (1,024 x 768)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.900 x 0.675 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 4,096 equivalent
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- Panel G11 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
480Hz Sub-field Drive480Hz
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Video Noise Reduction Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Digital Cinema Reality Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W (10% THD)
(8 ohms, 70 Hz - 17 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- SD Memory Card Slot (SDHC Compatible) Yes
- HDMI Input 3 (1 front)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) 2
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 front)
- S-Video Input 2 (1 front)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 front)
- PC Input No
- Audio Input (for PC) No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Composite Video Output 1
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- Headphone Jack No
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Off
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 385 W
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle -
- Optional Floor Stand Included (TBLX0036)
Optional Wall-mounting Bracket
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 28.6" x 40.2" x 15.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 61.8 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 31.9" x 45.2" x 13.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 26.7'' x 40.2'' x 3.7''
- Weight 56.7 lbs
- UPC 037988241804
- Version: 1.13
- Issues Addressed: During auto-scan, when a channel with a weak signal is encountered, the virtual channel of the next channel is assigned to previous channel by mistake.
- Release Date: 4-21-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.