42" Class (41.6" Diagonal) Plasma HDTV
42" Class (41.6" Diagonal) Plasma HDTV with Built-In ATSC/QAM/NTSC Tuners and HDMI Terminals
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast RatioUp to 10,000:1
- Compatible Signal Formats 480p/720p/1080i
Aspect Ratio16:9 (Widescreen)
- Displayable Colors Maximum of 29 Billion
- Shades of Gradation 3,072
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.90 x 0.675 mm
- Panel Type 9th Generation Plasma Panel
- Aspect Control for TV/AV Modes 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 1024 x 768
- Progressive Scan Yes
- Video Noise Reduction Yes
- Digital Comb Filter Motion Adaptive 3D-Y/C
- Color Purity Optimizer (3D Color Management) Yes
- Sub-Pixel Controller Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Speakers 2 (20W, 8 ohms, 90Hz - 17kHz, 10% THD)
- Surround Sound Yes
- BBE® ViVA HD3D Sound No
NTSC (Standard analog broadcasts)
ATSC/QAM (SDTV and HDTV broadcasts)
- Photo Viewer No
- SD Card Slot No
HDMI-HDCPInterface 2 rear
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) 2 rear
- Composite Video Input 2 rear
- S-Video Input 2 rear
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 rear
- PC Input (RGB-VGA) No
- Audio Input (for PC) No
- Component Video Input [Y, PB(CB), PR(CR)] 2 rear
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2 rear
- Composite Video Output 1 rear
- Audio Output 1 rear
- Digital Audio Out 1 (optical)
- IR Out No
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control Yes, via HDMI interface
TV Guide® On-Screen Program GuideNo
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- On-Screen Display Languages English/Spanish/French
- Picture-In-Picture No
- P-I-P Scalable Size No
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers - Sleep/On/Off Sleep (Off only)
- Video Input Labeling Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 390 W
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F
- Operating Humidity 20% - 80% (Non condensation)
- Pedestal Stand Included
- Remote Control Included
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 27.6'' x 42'' x 3.8''
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.10
TV does not update its channel list when the cable company changes the channel line-up
No sound on channels that use MPEG2 audio (e.g. radio stations)
TV does not remember last SAP setting
Random lock up condition. (All buttons on remote and front panel inoperative, except for Power button.)
Macroblock noise with Sencore generator HDTV996.
Over the air ATSC channels drop off the channel list and "Channel Not Available" is displayed
"Poor Signal Quality" is displayed after a digital channel is lost. (ATSC or direct cable without a CableCARD.)
- Release Date: 7-1-2010
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Version: EEPROM
Poor picture details.
Faces appear as "Clay Faces".
Excessive brightness with no details in the black level.
- Release Date: 09-1-2006
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.