42" Diagonal Plasma Monitor
42" Diagonal Plasma Monitor with Up to 4000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Screen Size 42
Contrast RatioUp to 4000:1
- Compatible Signal Formats 480p (EDTV)
Aspect Ratio16:9 (Widescreen)
- Shades of Gradation 2,048
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 1.08 x 1.08 mm
- Panel Type 8th Generation Plasma Panel
- Aspect Control for TV/AV Modes 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 408,960 (852x480) pixels
- Progressive Scan Yes
- Video Noise Reduction Yes
- Digital Comb Filter Motion Adaptive 3D-Y/C
- Mach Band Effect Enhancer Yes
- Color Purity Optimizer (3D Color Management) Yes
- Sub-Pixel Controller Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Speakers 2 (16W, 6 ohms, 80Hz - 20kHz, 10% THD)
- Surround Sound Yes
- BBE® ViVA HD3D Sound No
- Tuners No
- Photo Viewer No
- SD Card Slot No
- PC Card Slot No
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) 1 rear
- Composite Video Input 2 rear
- S-Video Input 2 rear
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 rear
- PC Input (RGB-VGA) No
- Audio Input (for PC) No
- Component Video Input [Y, PB(CB), PR(CR)] 2 rear
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2 rear
- Composite Video Output 1 rear
- Audio Output 1 rear
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control No
TV Guide On-Screen Program GuideNo
- On-Screen Display Languages English/Spanish/French
- Picture-In-Picture No
- P-I-P Scalable Size No
V-Chip Program LockoutNo
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder No
- Timers - Sleep/On/Off Sleep (Off only)
- Video Input Labeling No
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 380 W
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F
- Operating Humidity 20% - 80% (Non condensation)
- Pedestal Stand Included
- Remote Control Included
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 27.5'' x 42'' x 3.8''
- Weight 72.75 lbs.
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.