65" Class Viera S1 Series Plasma HDTV
65" Class Viera S1 Series Plasma (64.7" Diagonal)
- 1080p HDTV
- NEO PDP: Full Time 1080 TV Lines: Crisp images even in fast moving scenes
- Viera Image Viewer™: Makes photo sharing easy.
- Viera Link™: Control compatible devices with a single remote.
- Model Type Plasma
- Series S1
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 65" Class (64.7" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.747 x 0.747 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color No
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W (10% THD)
(6 ohms, 70 Hz - 17 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- SD Memory Card Slot (SDHC Compatible) Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output No
- Digital Audio Output 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 724 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 365 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK6P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 40.0" x 62.0" x 16.4"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 38.0" × 62" × 4.1" (2.6": exclusive of protruding portion)
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 145.6 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 132.3 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 47.5" x 68.3" x 16.0"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 174.2lbs. (79.0 kg)
TC-P65S1 is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Outstanding Product After investigating the many products and options available today, I chose the 65S1. Everything about this TV is fantastic! There are many good HiPerformance TV,s in todays market, but the 65S1 edges out the competition. Seriously consider the Panasonic Plasma, you won't be sorry.
Date published: 2009-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2009-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV- Wow What A Picture Bought this set to replace my DLP. Had it delivered, hooked it up, turned it on and wow what a picture. Brilliant colors, deep rich blacks and great sound. It looks good even as a piece of furniture. The only thing that I wish it had was a headphone jack. May want to consider this in the future for the gamers out there.
Date published: 2009-10-11
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 2.26
TV does not respond to the remote or front panel buttons when the TV is tuned to a specific Over-the-Air (OTA) or direct cable channel.
TV freezes or locks up using ANTENNA or CABLE during an automatic channel scan.
Improves the "Auto Power Off" "Off Timer" function according to Energy Star V2.0.
TV audio drops out intermittently when an AV device (cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-Ray Player, etc.) is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
The picture appears to be dark or dim.
The brightness decreases automatically while watching the television.
- Release Date: 7-1-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.