58" Class Viera® VT25 Series Full HD 3D Plasma TV
- 58" Class Viera® VT25 Series Full HD 3D 1080p Plasma (58.0" Diagonal)
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black Panel Pro: New filter technology produces deep blacks and vivid images with minimal reflection
- VIERA Cast™ WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities: Enjoy great web entertainment and cutting-edge communication on your
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series VT25
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 58" Class (58.0" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Pro/5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D Yes
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackYes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Woofer x 1, Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 3
- Audio Output 30 W (10% THD)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound Yes
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 4 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear 1 included
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK5P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 36.9" x 56.3" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 34.8" x 56.3" x 3.6"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 94.8 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 88.2 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 39.9" x 62.0" x 13.1"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 116.9 lbs.
- UPC 885170005341
TC-P58VT25 is rated out of 5 by 10.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Panasonic plasma no equal I bought this tc-p58vt25 in 2010 . there is no equal. No manufacturer has come close. Its now 2017 and still no equal. the curved led 240 doesn't hold a candle to this technology... It saddens me that I cannot buy another.... I will never own a led, lcd... if I have to buy a used Panasonic tc series for 6000 dollars I will.... please bring this technology back...... its a crying shame the market died.
Date published: 2017-01-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best Picture Quailty Hands Down!! Panasonic makes the best plasma HDTV's. This is my second HDTV from Panasonic. The 3D is excellent. Just got my Avatar Blu-ray from Panasonic and ca't wait to watch it. As on reviewer stated which I agree with, the sound could be much better, but at least you can hear it. I use a 7.1 surround receiver mostly. I also own a 65" TH-65PZ850U. Extremely happy with both TV's. Best picture quality hands down!!
Date published: 2011-02-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from sold, i was'nt even looking for plasma! great with blu ray disk, great 3-D, no gripes. Be sure to download the "James Cameron sugggested settings for the Avatar 3-D" !!
Date published: 2010-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Love this TV! After months of looking settled on the VT25 3D. Am I glad I did. Since this is my first plasma I was a bit apprehensive but I am amazed every time I walk in my living room. My kids love the VT25 because their video games practically jump out at them. The 3D is a new experience for us. In Best Buy the Panasonic beat them all out. I bought a new stand with the elevated swivel post. That's the way to go.
Date published: 2010-12-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from TOP OF THE LINE, BEATS LED dont waste time comparing, i did all that for you, i always want the best. by far this is the best.especially with all the incentives. Superior black-level performance and excellent shadow detail; accurate primary colors in THX mode; great color saturation; effective antireflective screen; reproduces 1080p/24 cadence properly; VieraCast provides access to select Internet services and improved customization; solid 3D picture quality; includes adjustable grayscale in THX mode; some artifacts in 1080p/24 mode; fewer streaming services and apps than the competition; Bottom Line: With both 2D and 3D sources, Panasonic's flagship TC-PVT20/25 series plasma TV delivers outstanding overall picture quality. Yes, it beats the one other first-generation 3D-compatible TV i've tested, and yes, it actually includes 3D glasses, plus 2 free from panasonic i think this TV's 2D prowess is unmatched. i also recommand panasonic home theater, small speakers but clearer than my $2500 system. happy holidays.
Date published: 2010-11-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazing TV I originally went to buy an LED TV but after talking with three different people at three different stores all of them recommended this TV over any other TV. It has the most amazing picture I've ever seen on a TV. 2D and 3D are both beautiful and the black levels are so nice. I am so happy with this purchase. Thankyou Panasonic for making such a beautiful TV.
Date published: 2010-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from A Superior Television Deep, rich blacks. Incredible depth of picture, and very sharp looking. Panasonic makes the best Plasma, period!
Date published: 2010-10-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Breathtaking! Amazing picture quality. Sound is actually really good, even though it isn't used because I have surround sound. Recieved a great bundle deal so price was really low. Would highly reccomend this television to anyone!
Date published: 2010-10-04
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 188.8.131.52.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.