50" Class Viera X1 Series Plasma HDTV
50" Class Viera X1 Series Plasma (49.9" Diagonal)
- 720p HDTV
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive: Creates crisp, focused images.
- VIERA Image Viewer: Makes photo sharing easy.
- VIERA Link: Control compatible devices with a single remote.
- Model Type Plasma
- Series X1
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 1,049,088 (1,366 x 768)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.810 x 0.810 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 5,120 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Digital Audio Output 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 399 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 210 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.4" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 79.4 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 75.0 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 92.6 lbs. (42.0 kg)
- UPC 037988242276
TC-P50X1 is rated out of 5 by 22.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best purchase ever I am happy with this purchase the price was good and the picture quality was awesome. I will purchase more panasonic products.
Date published: 2011-02-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Does not connect to a computer Because this TV does not have a VGA or SVGA port it is extremely hard finding ways to connect a laptop computer to it to use as a monitor. With technology the way it is today I'm surprised Panasonic made a tv in 2009 that does not easily connect to a computer. There are no instructions on connecting this tv to a computer either, so you've got to be creative, if it's possible.
Date published: 2010-06-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Wow....just WOW I was talked into this 720p, after owning a 1080p 42 inch - I gave up nothing as far as picture quality, and gained a HUGE screen. All for half the price of the 1080-42 inch. Figure it out....
Date published: 2010-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2010-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Love this tv!!! OVERALL THIS IS THE BEST TV FOR THE MONEY!!! PICTURE QUALITY IS AWESOME AND JUST AND ALL AROUND GREAT TV!!! I USE IT MAINLY FOR GAMING AND THE PICTURE IS JUST SWEET!!!
Date published: 2010-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Awsome TV.... This is a great TV, the picture quality is outstanding for a 50" tv in this price range. I have connected to HD through a dvr and even the standard def picture looks good. I shopped around a while and this is the best for quality and price.
Date published: 2010-02-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from 20 months and still happy Purchased this tv in spring '08 when it was a bit pricier. Has operated flawlessly and works as promised. Great picture at 720p and for my long and dark room, the plasma was a super choice. No burn in problems - a few close calls but the anti-burn routine fixed them just fine. Kids love the picture on PS3 and XBox360. Just wish it had a computer VGA input (wish I could plug my laptop into it). Otherwise, a great machine for the $$$ and even better now.
Date published: 2010-01-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from great tv!!!!!!!!!!! super quality tv quality excellent . really great price. really easy to use. looked at plasma and lcd and could not see a different. best thing is the sd card that is super great tv am really please .they say panasonic plasma is the best i do beleive that
Date published: 2010-01-10
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.26
TV does not respond to the remote or front panel buttons when the TV is tuned to a specific Over-the-Air (OTA) or direct cable channel.
TV freezes or locks up using ANTENNA or CABLE during an automatic channel scan.
Improves the "Auto Power Off" "Off Timer" function according to Energy Star V2.0.
TV audio drops out intermittently when an AV device (cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-Ray Player, etc.) is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
The picture appears to be dark or dim.
The brightness decreases automatically while watching the television.
- Release Date: 3-25-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.