VIERA® 50" Class VT20 Series Plasma HDTV with 3D (49.9" Diag.)
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black Panel Pro
- VIERA Cast™ WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series VT20
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Pro/5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D Yes
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic Playback2:3 Playback
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Woofer x 1, Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 3
- Audio Output 30 W (10% THD)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound Yes
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 4 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear 1 included
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 139.0 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +10°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 31.9" x 48.2" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.4" x 48.2" x 3.6"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 67.2 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 60.6 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 81.6 lbs.
- UPC 885170005310
TC-P50VT20 is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from New owner I would recommend this to anyone buying a new plasma TV, for the picture is very fine. The sound level a little lower than I expected, but I use a preamp to watch movies in surround sound 7.1.
Date published: 2011-05-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very Pleased The picture quality is awesome, bright vivid colors and deep blacks. 3D is very good as well. VieraLink is an added feature I did not expect, with it's HDMI linking to my Onkyo receiver, it simplifies remote control operation by not needing the Onkyo remote.
Date published: 2011-05-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from first time plasma owner I kept hearing Plasma's out LCD/LED is in so i kept researching TV reviews & visiting my local BestBuy to decide what was i gonna upgrade to? I came across the P50VT20/25 which was 2010 best 3D TV. Even though 2011 models are coming out now i picked up this model considered open box (missing remote) but was brand new never opened so i got it at a major bargain.. oh yea the guys at bestbuy gave me a used remote for this model anyway so thanks dudes! Now once i got it hooked up i saw Tron Legacy 3D the first night and was stuck on how good the picture quality was so i threw on KillZone3D for PS3 let me just say if your into gaming 3D is ridiculous on this TV. the first night after using it i shut it off & noticed a little burn but i knew the newer models have filters for the phosphors so im not surprised, it went away pretty quick. i can imagine what Panasonic has in store for 2011?
Date published: 2011-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best picture, and made quality!! The best 3d tv and 2d today.So simple!!.. I have a P50-VT20, and i am happy for that!!..Chapter tv is closed for me.
Date published: 2010-11-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from great TV Ive owned several tv's and this one by far is the best TV i've ever owned dark rich blacks and deep solid colors no color saturation ever 3D is top notch would recomend external speaker system if you like to crank it up
Date published: 2010-09-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Close to, but not perfect. This screen is solidly built, although some clicks from termal expansion/contraction are heard (but not too distracting). Superb black levels and color reproduction. Hd looks amazing and 24p support is great for blue ray watching. Couple of issues, however: buzzing of the screen (plasma technology) and 3D issues - contrary to the claims by Panasonic this screen is not ghost/crosstalk/double image free in the 3D mode. Though it is so much better than the other manufacturers it still has some noticeable crosstalk. Also still no Netflix support (been promised by the end of July) as of August 22
Date published: 2010-08-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from 100% Satisfied We own the TC-P50VT20-full 3D/HD. The plasma has come an extreamly long distnace in quality sense the first plazma. We can't wait for the 3D content that is cominmg on Direct TV and Panasonic. When we first looked at the tv we purchased it the same day. If you are looking for an excellent picture along with an impressive 3D quality, you won't go wrong with this one!!
Date published: 2010-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Future Purchase I stopped by a retail store yesterday in search of purchasing a new TV...I had heard about 3D but never experienced it until yesterday..I was so amazed and how awsome the picture was and the 3D blew me away..In another month or so I will make the Panasonic 3D Plazma TV mine. Thank you for bringing this product to the world.
Date published: 2010-05-04
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.