VIERA® 50" Class VT20 Series Plasma HDTV with 3D (49.9" Diag.)
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black Panel Pro
- VIERA Cast™ WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 3.75
This firmware is NOT being Mailed to Customers
This update helps set the TV to James Cameron's preferred settings for viewing Avatar in 3D.
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Automatically Program Channels
- How to turn off the VIERA Cast Beep
- Network Connection Guide
- How to Switch the Icon Locations
- How to Customize the Home Screen
- How to Setup VIERA Cast with an Ethernet cable
- Basic VIERA Cast Navigation
- 2010 VIERA Cast: How to Register with Netflix on VIERA CAST
- 2010 VIERA Cast: How to Register with Amazon Video On Demand
- 2010 VIERA Cast: How to make a Video Call using Skype
- 2010 VIERA Cast: Searching Wireless Networks through the Menu
- 2010 VIERA Cast: Wireless network Push button setup with the DY-WL10
- 2010 3D VIERA: How to turn on the 3D Glasses
- 2010 3D VIERA: How to correct Doubled-Side by Side Images
- 2010 3D VIERA: How to correct Doubled-Top and Bottom Images
- 2010 VIERA Cast: How to Update the TV Software
- 2010 3D VIERA: How to Correct 3D Images with Unusual Depth
- How to Connect a PC to the TV
- 2010 VIERA Cast: Wireless network PIN button setup with the DY-WL10
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- How to Find the Networks Default Gateway
- 2010 How to Find the MAC Address to the TV
- How to Troubleshoot TV Network Issues
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Watch Video: How to register to Netflix on VIERA CAST
- Watch Video: How to update VIERA TV firmware using SD card
- Watch Video: How to troubleshoot Netflix on VIERA CAST
- Watch Video: How to use Netflix on VIERA CAST
- Watch Video: How to connect Home Theater using optical cable
- Watch Video: How to connect ARC Home Theater using HDMI connection
- Model Type Plasma
- Series VT20
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Pro/5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D Yes
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic Playback2:3 Playback
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Woofer x 1, Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 3
- Audio Output 30 W (10% THD)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound Yes
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 4 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear 1 included
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 139.0 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +10°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 31.9" x 48.2" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.4" x 48.2" x 3.6"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 67.2 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 60.6 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 81.6 lbs.
How do I customize the position of Apps in Viera Connect?
1. On Viera Connect Home Screen, press "MORE".
2. Navigate to the screen with the "Settings" icon, press [OK].
3. Choose "Customize Home Screen".
4. Press [>] then select the Apps' icon you wish to reposition.
5. Navigate to any other location, then press [OK].
How do I connect my TV to a proxy?
We recommend you do not connect your TV to a proxy server, as some or all of your applications might not work.
How do I connect my external speakers to the TV?
External speakers cannot be directly connected to the TV. The TV must be connected to an audio system. Use the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature with a compatible home theater or a sound bar. For a stereo system or receiver without ARC, use an optical cable. If your audio system does not have an optical input, then use an Optical to Stereo converter or connect your external device (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the audio system.
How do I connect headphones or a Stereo Receiver to this TV?
Option 1) If your Stereo Receiver has a digital audio-in connector (toslink), then use an optical cable to connect it to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT. You can plug headphones into your stereo and set the stereo to match the output the optical cable is connected to.
Option 2) Connect a Dolby Digital Ready Digital-to-Analog(DAC) audio converter to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT and connect your headphones or stereo to the DAC converter using red and white rca audio cables.
How do I change my IP address manually?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network Connection > Custom > Ethernet Cable > IP Setting Mode > Manual.
You can then use the arrow buttons to highlight characters and the [OK] button to select characters.
How do I access the internet applications of my TV?
You can access the internet applications of your TV by pressing the [Internet], [VIERA CAST], or [Apps] button on your remote, depending on the model of your TV.
How do I access First Time Setup after the initial setup?
Press [MENU] > Setup > System > Factory Defaults. This will reset the TV and rerun the First Time Setup. Please note: 1. The TV's memory will be cleared. All settings will be erased.2. Downloaded Apps (Viera Connect models) will need to be reinstalled.
How can Viera Connect applications be recovered after a repair or reset of the TV?
The applications must be reinstalled to be restored.
How can I use a wired/wireless keyboard with my TV?
Connect the keyboard's USB cable or the keyboard's wireless transmitter to the TV's USB port. You may then use the keyboard to enter alphanumeric characters. Special commands, such as channel up/down, volume control, etc., can also be performed with a keyboard. Please refer to your Owner's Manual for details..
How can I tell if my Skype friend is online?
When viewing your contacts a green checkmark inside of a circle indicates that your friend is available on Skype.
How can I restore the icon for an application when missing on the Home Screen?
Choose "Settings" on Home Screen. Choose "Customize Home Screen". A list of icons will appear on the left side of the screen. Check the box next to the picture of the desired icon.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I purchase Panasonic 3D glasses from Panasonic?
The 3D glasses can be purchased from the Panasonic National Parts Center. Note: The second generation 3D glasses, TY-EW3D2MU, are now being sold as part number N5ZZ00000216. Due to the move from Panasonic Sales to Panasonic Parts, the model number of some items have changed.
How can I make my wireless signal stronger?
You may need to purchase a signal booster or wireless repeater if your TV is too far away from your router.
How can I install Adobe Flash on this TV?
Adobe Flash cannot be installed on this TV. This TV will allow you to view and stream video using other applications available in the VIERA Connect Market.
How can I find my Skype friends and add them to my account?
On the main Skype screen, select "Find Contacts". You will then be able to search.
How can I deregister my Hulu account from the TV?
Reset the television by following the listed steps:
1) Hold the [Vol -] button on the TV itself.
2) While continuing to hold the [Vol -] button on the TV, hold the [Menu] button on the remote. Continue to hold the two buttons for about five seconds. The "Self Check" screen should appear on the TV.
3) Hold the [Power] button on the TV until the TV powers off. The reset is complete.
Note: This procedure will also clear all other TV applications and settings.
Does the Amazon VOD application have the watchlist feature?
Does my TV support 3D content?
Do I need to make an account for connecting to the "Viera Connect Market"?
An account is required to install free and paid applications. You do not have to enter billing information until you attempt to purchase a paid application.
Do I need to enter a credit card number to download a VIERA Connect game listed for
Do I need a specific HDMI cable to view 3D on this TV?
Any High Speed HDMI cable can carry the 3D signal between 3D capable device to the TV.
Connections: What is HDMI ARC?
ARC allows the TV to play the audio from TV programming (or another source device) through a home theater system or an external A/V amplifier device connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) connection.
Connections: How do I connect my TV to audio equipment using HDMI ARC?
Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the back of the TV labeled HDMI 1 (ARC). Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an ARC enabled HDMI connection on your A/V receiver.
Can this model access Netflix?
Yes. This model will be able to access Netflix if it is located in either the United States or Canada.
Can multiple pairs of 3D eyewear be used at once?
There is no limit on the number of 3D glasses you can use with the TV at one time. The only limitation is the number of people you can fit within 10.5 feet of the TV.
Can I wear the 3D eyewear over my regular glasses?
Panasonic 3D eyewear has been designed to fit over prescription glasses.
Can I use the 3D glasses provided at the movie theater for this 3D TV?
No. Movie theater's 3D glasses are "passive". They use simple filter lenses.
Panasonic 3D special eyewear are actively synchronizing the left/right eye viewing with the display, providing superior 3D viewing experience.
Can I use Skype and watch TV at the same time?
Yes. Visit http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/skype_tv/operation.html for a brief demonstration.
Can I use a keyboard with the Skype application of my TV?
Yes, a keyboard can be used during the login process and for searching your contacts.
Can I mute my Skype friend so that they cannot hear me?
Yes, while on a call you can select the "Mute" function on the Skype interface. To allow your friend to hear you again select the "Unmute" function.
Can I make the video of my Skype friend full screen?
While on a call the bottom right side will have an icon labeled "Full Screen".
Can I limit who can use an application in Viera Connect?
Yes. Access can be limited by following the instructions below:
A. Choose "Settings" on Home Screen.
B. Choose "Locks".
C. Set the password for each application.
Can I have a Skype video call even though the other party is not on a Panasonic TV?
Yes, if the other party is on a Windows based PC you will have no problems viewing both audio and video. Apple owners will need to download the latest version of Skype (2.8 or greater). If this unsuccessful the customer may want to make sure they have the latest drivers for their webcam.
Can I download new apps (content & services) onto this TV?
Yes. VIERA Connect Market allows you to download free or paid applications to your TV. In addition, you have the option to purchase accessories.
Can I connect a wired or wireless keyboard to this TV?
Yes. You can connect to the TV's USB port either a standard USB keyboard or the receiver for a wireless keyboard.
Can I call regular landlines or cell phones through this TV using Skype?
Yes. A regular landline or cell phone can be called with your purchase of Skype Credit (see buy.skype.com).
Calls from this TV to another Skype user is free.
Note: When calling a regular landline, only audio is available.
Can I add more apps to my TV after I fill up the first 5 pages?
Yes. A 6th page will be created automatically when a new App is added.
Can I add internet applications to my TV?
You can add any of the internet applications found in the Viera Connect Market at the top of your Viera Connect home page.
Are all wireless USB keyboards compatible with my TV?
Your TV should be compatible with any wireless keyboard that does not require the use of additional software or drivers to be loaded to make it work.
What should I do if my TV fails the last step of the Network Connection Test ?
Try changing the DNS information in your TV. First, contact your internet service provider to determine their DNS server information. Second, go into the TV's menu and enter the DNS information into the TV. To change the DNS settings in the TV, press the [Menu] button on the remote control and then select "Network" in the menu. Third, select "IP address/DNS settings" and then set "DNS setting mode" to manual. Finally, select "DNS" and enter the DNS server information that you received from your internet service provider. Perform another connection test.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What should I do if error "006" is displayed when I press the Internet button on the TV's remote control?
Enter the TV's Network menu and select the "IP Address/DNS Setting" option. Then change the DNS Setting mode to Manual and change the DNS to 188.8.131.52.
What ports are used by VieraCast?
48705, 80 and 443
What is VIERA Connect?
VIERA Connect provides Internet functionality that allows your TV to access popular movie, music and social networking sites such as Netflix, Amazon VOD, You Tube, Pandora, Twitter, Bloomberg News, a weather channel and Skype. VIERA Connect also includes a host of exciting features and apps. Incorporated in Viera Connect are such apps as CinemaNow, Hulu Plus, Napster, Facebook and sports sites including MLB.TV, MLS Matchday Live, NBA Game Time, and NHL Game Center. Note, some of the mentioned applications require a paid subscription. Not all VIERA Connect services are available depending on your country or region. Services are subject to change without notice.
What is the warranty on the 3D glasses for this set?
One year, Exchange only.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 300 mm \/ Bolt size: M8 \/ Length: Varies with mount
What is "Viera Connect Market"?
The Viera Connect Market is one of Viera Connect's services. The Viera Connect Market allows you to install (free/paid) applications or to purchase Viera Connect accessories.
What happens when I receive a Skype call?
Depending upon the settings in your Skype account, either an icon will appear at the bottom right of the screen asking if you want to answer or ignore the call or the video will immediately appear.
What devices are needed so I can view 3D on my Panasonic TV?
3D images can be viewed on your 3D-equipped Viera TV by connecting a 3D source device (a 3D Blu-ray player playing a 3D Blu-ray disc, or a DirecTV 3D-compatible receiver tuned to a 3D channel, for example) and wearing 3D glasses. Certain Panasonic models also allow you to convert standard 2D images to simulated 3D images. Please refer to your TV's Operating Manual for further information on how to set the 2D to 3D conversion.
What could cause the Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 to not be able to control VIERA Connect games?
The switch on the front of the gamepad may be set to the "X" position. Change the switch on the front of the gamepad to the "D" position to allow the gamepad to control VIERA Connect games.
What can I do inside of the Viera Connect Market?
You can install free or paid applications onto your TV. On certain models, you may shop as well.
What can I do if I forget my VIERA Connect password and PIN?
First , go to the website, https://myaccount.vieraconnect.com, and then choose your region. Next, follow the steps under "What do I do if I forgot my password?". Once your password has been retrieved, you can go to the TV and reset your VIERA Connect PIN.
What can I connect to the USB ports?
You can connect to the TV's USB ports:
- Compatible wireless network adapter.
- Standard keyboard (wired or wireless).
- Mass storage device.
- Bluetooth wireless adapter for data transfer to Panasonic health
products such as Bodymedia.
- 3D eyewear (for charging).
Note: If a mass storage device, such as Flash Memory or hard drive, is formatted on a PC, then the file system must be FAT of FAT32 in order for the TV to access. Windows® NTFS file system is not supported.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Is the N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter compatible with my TV?
The N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter is only compatible with the following TV Series: UT50, UT54, and XT50.
I'm watching a 3D program and the images have a feeling of strange depth. How can I correct that?
It sounds like you need to manually set the type of 3D signal you are receiving. Press the [VIERA TOOLS] button on your remote. Select the "3D Settings" option, then select "Left/Right swap". Press the right arrow to select "Swapped".
How will I know when a new Viera Connect update is available?
As you enter Viera Connect, the update will install automatically. It is mandatory to update to the latest software when accessing Viera Connect.
How will I be notified if someone is trying to call me?
When a call is received a Skype icon will appear at the bottom right hand corner of the TV screen. At that point will be asked to answer or ignore the call. This based on the feature "Answer calls automatically" being disabled.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How long will the batteries in my 3D glasses last?
The CR2032 batteries used by the 3D glasses, model TYEW3D10U, will last for around 75 hours of continuous use. The 3D glasses that have rechargeable batteries, models TY-EW3D2SU, TY-EW3D2MU, and TY-EW3D2LU, under normal operating conditions (average temperature, average humidity, used 4 hrs/day 365 days a year) should last 10 years.
How far from the set do I need to sit for my 3D glasses to be effective?
The recommended viewing distance is at least 3 times the effective height of the image. Recommended distances: For a 42-inch television, 5'2" (1.6 m) or more. For a 46-inch television, 5'8" (1.7 m) or more. For a 50-inch television, 6'2" (1.9 m) or more. For a 55-inch television, 6'9" (2.1 m) or more. For a 60-inch television, 7'4" (2.2 m) or more. For a 65-inch television, 8'0" (2.4 m) or more. Using the 3D eyewear at a distance closer than the recommendations listed above may cause eye fatigue. When viewing content with black bars on the top and bottom areas of the screen, (such as movies with wide aspect ratios) the viewing distance may be made closer than the above recommended distances.
How do I update this TV to the latest software (firmware)?
If the TV is connected to the Internet, then you will be automatically notified of available software updates.
To manually check for an update:
In the main menu, select "Network" and then press [OK], select "Software Update". The current and latest version software will be shown. If a newer version is available, update your TV. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not power off the TV until the update is complete. Be patient; firmware update may take a while.
How do I turn off my 3D glasses?
You can turn the 3D glasses off by turning off the 3D signal, turning off the TV, or by pressing and holding the power button on the 3D glasses for 2 seconds.
How do I turn my 3D glasses on?
The 3D glasses can be turned on by pressing the Power button on the bottom left-hand corner of the glasses near the temple or sliding the On/Off slider over, depending on the model of your 3D glasses.
How do I test the TV's network connection?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network status. This will test and display the connection status graphically and give you four choices (Try again, Status details, Help, Done) to proceed.
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I search for a wireless network?
Press Menu > Network > Network Connection. You will then be given an option of "Quick Setup" or "Custom" to search for networks.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I remove icons for installed Apps in Viera Connect?
1. On Viera Connect Home Screen, press "MORE".
2. Navigate to the screen with the "Settings" icon, press [OK].
3. Choose "Customize Home Screen". A list of icons will appear on the left side of the screen.
4. Uncheck the box next to the App you want to remove.
How do I remove all of the installed "After Hours" applications from the TV?
1) Select "VIERA Connect Settings" from the VIERA Connect Homescreen and then press the "OK" button.
2) Use the [Down] arrow to select "Locks" and then press the "OK" button.
3) Either create lock password or enter the existing password, if one has already been created.
4) Press the [OK] button.
5) Press the [Down] arrow to select "After Hours Setting".
6) Press the [OK] button.
7) Press the [Right] arrow, "Show After Hours" will be highlighted.
8) Press the [Down] arrow to select "Uninstall After Hours Apps".
9) Press the [OK] button.
10) Press the [Return] button three times to return to the "VIERA Connect Home Screen".
11) Press the Right arrow to Select [OK] on the TV.
12) Press the [OK] button on the remote.
13) Press the [OK] button when "Uninstall Complete" message is displayed.
14) Press the [Return] button three times to return to the "VIERA Connect Home Screen".
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know when a firmware update is available for my TV?
A message stating that firmware is available will appear on your screen when you attempt to access one of the network applications.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I get Closed Captioning (CC) on Netflix?
When you are watching Netflix, first select "Audio and Subtitles" on the Netflix title about to be watched. The feature can be located below "Play" on the Netflix screen. After you have done this and CC is not showing then on Panasonic's remote control press the "CC" button for a few seconds until you see the closed captioning.
How do I erase installed applications in Viera Connect?
A. Choose "Settings" on Home Screen.
B. Choose "Customize HomeScreen", A list of icons will appear on the left side of the screen.
C. Uncheck the box next to the icon that should be deleted on the left side of the screen. The icon will disappear. However, you can not completely erase the application.
How do I enter a plus sign when entering my network password into my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV does not have a character for a plus sign. You will need to change your network password in your router to a password that does not include a plus sign.
How do I enable parental control and limit access to an App within Viera Connect?
1. On Viera Connect Home Screen, press "MORE".
2. Navigate to the screen with the "Settings" icon, press [OK].
3. Choose "Locks".
4. Set a password for App(s) to be locked.
How do I disable firmware update messages?
It is recommended that you update your TV's firmware whenever you are prompted about an update as new update may fix issues or add new features to your applications as well as add new applications.
How do I delete an incorrect character when entering my network password into my TV?
You can press the Red button on the remote to delete a letter or number.
Why is a red light flashing continuously on my 3D glasses?
A red light continuosly flashing on your 3D glasses indicates the battery power is low and needs to be replaced.
Why doesn't my TV recognize the LAN cable I plugged in?
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is a direct LAN cable and not a crossover cable. A PC may work with a crossover cable but our TV will not. We recommend that you test the Ethernet connection, using a computer and a different Ethernet cable.
Why does the TV not recognize my LAN adaptor?
A compatible LAN adaptor must be connected to the TV. Connect either the Panasonic wireless adapter, model TY-WL20 (preferred) or N5HBZ0000055.
Why does the power on the 3D eyewear (glasses) turn off by itself?
The eyewear receives special synchronizing infrared signals from the TV. If no signal is received within 5 minutes, the eyewear automatically turns itself off to save power.
Ensure that no objects are blocking the path between the eyewear and the TV.
Why do the videos on Viera Connect sometimes freeze or not play smoothly?
To enjoy videos via Viera Connect, the Internet speed should be at 1.5 Mbps or higher. Check the speed of your internet connection with your internet service provider. With a computer, you can measure the available speed of your internet connection by visiting a speed test website.
Why do I have to enter my network name and password everytime I turn the TV back on?
The wireless adapter of the TV can take up to 2 minutes to find and reconnect to your wirelss network. If you give it time, you will not be prompted to enter your user name and password.
Why can't I see content played in 3D even when my 3D eyewear is on?
The 3D glasses receive a signal from the TV that syncs the images from the TV with the 3D glasses. Ensure that there is no object in front of the entire bottom width of the TV. Such object may block the path between the eyewear and the TV.
Why can't I log into Netflix?
The Netflix login requires the usage of a registered email address and account password. If the password uses special characters or captial lettering, the password entered must include the capital lettering. Netflix also limits the total number of devices that can be registered. The maximum number of devices registered is 6. Netflix will not allow a 7th device to be registered.
There may also be an issue with the DNS server you are using. This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the TV. The server information entered should be the DNS server address of your internet service provider. Contact your internet service provider to obtain their DNS server address. Follow the instructions below to enter the DNS address.
- Press the [Menu] button on the TV's remote.
- Select "Network" and then press the [OK] button.
- Select "IP address/DNS settings" and then press the [OK] button.
- Set "DNS setting mode" to "Manual".
- Select "DNS".
- Press the "OK" button.
- Enter your internet service provider's DNS server address.
- Press the [RETURN] button.
- Select "Connection test".
- Go to the VIERA Connect Market and locate the Netflix icon.
Why can't I change the format of the TV while using the internet applications?
The [Format] button on the TV remote is disabled while you are inside of any of the internet applications of the TV.
Which Viera Connect applications broadcast in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound?
All of the applications are capable of broadcast in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound if the content you are playing has 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound embedded into it.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on Network Connections?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to update the firmware of a 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn on the 3D glasses of a 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn off the Viera Cast Beep on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to setup Viera Cast Beep with an Ethernet cable on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to search for wireless networks for my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register with Amazon Videos On Demand on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Pandora with my 2010 - 2012 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Netflix with my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to navigate Viera Cast on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to make a Skype call on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the VIERA Connect Banner on my TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to customize the Viera Cast Home Screen of my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to correct a top and bottom 3D image on a 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to correct a side by side 3D image on a 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2010 TV to a wireless network using the PUSH button setup?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2010 TV to a wireless network using the PIN button setup?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the input of my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the icon locations of my Viera Cast applications on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the 3D depth on a 2010 TV?
When watching some 3D program, I see two pictures side by side or on top of each other. How do I fix that?
There are a few different 3D formats and the current setting may not match the incoming 3D signal. The format should change automatically, but depending on the source/connection it may not signal the TV properly. To manually select other 3D formats:
1) Press the [3D] button on the TV's remote or press the [VIERA TOOLS] button and select 3D.
2) In the 3D format select menu, choose another 3D format such as "Side by side" or "Top and bottom".
3) Remember to switch the 3D format setting back to 2D when you go back to viewing a standard 2D signal.
When I view 3D material it doesn't appear to be in 3D?
Begin watching a 3D source. Press the [MENU] button on the TV remote then Select "Setup", and press the [OK] button on the remote. Select "3D settings", and press the OK button then Select "3D Eyewear" and select "On" by pressing the right arrow.
What VIERA Connect applications are available?
Please visithttp://panasonic.net/avc/viera/global/connect_apps/area/1 for a full listing of the current VIERA Connect applications
What version HDMI cable is needed to view 3D on my TV?
Any HDMI cable with the proper pin structure will carry 3D.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Digital Audio Out (Optical) jack on the TV?
The Digital Audio Out(Optical) port will output up to a 5.1 Dolby Digital signal from any internet application as long as the content is available in 5.1 Dolby Digital within the application.
What type of 3D content can I view on this TV?
- 3D movies on Blu-ray discs.
- 3D channels on 3D capable Satellite and Cable box.
- 3D video games played on your 3D capable video game console.
- 3D pictures and videos taken with a 3D capable camera.
- 3D content from a computer.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
Will the TV automatically answer the call if someone calls me on Skype?
The TV will only automatically answer the call if you have selected Yes to the main setting "Answer calls automatically".
Will my TV support an Apple router?
Will my 3D TV support both Active and Passive 3D signals?
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Why is the TV unable to connect to my home network even though I entered my Network Name/SSID and Encryption (password)?
Ensure that you are entering the SSID and Encryption (password) into the TV exactly as it appears in your router. The SSID and Encryption information is case sensitive. Hint: Use the green button to toggle between upper and lower case letters when entering the SSID and Encryption. Special characters can be entered by using the 1, Last or 0 button.
Why is Pandora not showing up in my list of Viera Connect applications?
If you have already added the application to your list, you may need to check the second page of applications for Pandora.
Why is an error message displayed when I click the Netflix icon?
Try deactivating the Netflix account and then re-registering the account. First, access the Netflix application. Then, use the Panasonic remote to press the arrow buttons in the following sequence: [Up], [Up], [Down], [Down], [Left], [Right], [Left], [Right], [Up], [Up], [Up], [Up]. A screen will appear and you will be able deactivate the Netflix account. Re-enter your account information.