50" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
50" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
50" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- VIERA Image Viewer™ (Photo)
- VIERA Link™
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.36
Fixes audio issues where the audio is garbled or muffled. This occurs when a device is connected via an HDMI cable. The issue is random and last approximately 3-5 minutes.
Closed Captioning stops displaying after some time when using Video 1 or Video 2 inputs. Closed Captioning returns once the TV is powered off, then on again.
- Release Date: 12-14-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Model Type Plasma
- Series U2
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Native: 2,000,000:1
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter No
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB No
- LAN Port No
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- Skype Ready No
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 353 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.2" x 48.0" x 14.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 3.7"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 68.3 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 63.9 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 88.2 lbs.
- Weight 88.2 lbs
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels on my 2010 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the input of my 2010 TV?
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 300 mm \/ Bolt size: M8 \/ Length: Varies with mount
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I connect my external speakers to the TV?
External speakers cannot be directly connected to the TV. The TV must be connected to an audio system. Use the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature with a compatible home theater or a sound bar. For a stereo system or receiver without ARC, use an optical cable. If your audio system does not have an optical input, then use an Optical to Stereo converter or connect your external device (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the audio system.
How do I connect headphones or a Stereo Receiver to this TV?
Option 1) If your Stereo Receiver has a digital audio-in connector (toslink), then use an optical cable to connect it to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT. You can plug headphones into your stereo and set the stereo to match the output the optical cable is connected to.
Option 2) Connect a Dolby Digital Ready Digital-to-Analog(DAC) audio converter to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT and connect your headphones or stereo to the DAC converter using red and white rca audio cables.
How do I access First Time Setup after the initial setup?
Press [MENU] > Setup > System > Factory Defaults. This will reset the TV and rerun the First Time Setup. Please note: 1. The TV's memory will be cleared. All settings will be erased.2. Downloaded Apps (Viera Connect models) will need to be reinstalled.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
Connections: What is HDMI ARC?
ARC allows the TV to play the audio from TV programming (or another source device) through a home theater system or an external A/V amplifier device connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) connection.
Connections: How do I connect my TV to audio equipment using HDMI ARC?
Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the back of the TV labeled HDMI 1 (ARC). Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an ARC enabled HDMI connection on your A/V receiver.
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size