SMART VIERA® 50" Class S60 Series Full HD Plasma TV (49.9" Diag.)
- 1080p Full HD Resolution
- Swipe & Share 2.0
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Online Movies
- Built-in Wireless LAN
- Electronic Touch Pen (Optional Accessory)
Firmware & Drivers
- 2013 How to Manually Change your Network Settings
- 2013 How to Setup WIFI
- 2013 How to Program Your Channels
- 2013 How to Perform a Connection Test
- 2013 First Time Setup
- 2013 How to Register Netflix
- 2013 How to Perform a TV Self Test
- 2013 How to Update Firmware via the Internet
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Message
- 2013 - How to Add or Remove Online Movie Applications
- 2013 How to Setup Wi-Fi Access Point
- 2013 How to Setup and Stream Via DLNA
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- Watch Video - How to Connect the TV to a Home Theater
- Watch Video - How to Connect an Analog Device to the TV
- 2013 How to Change the Home Screen Background
- 2013 How to Register a Touch Pen to the TV
- 2013 How to Change the Format of Your Picture
- How to Find the Networks Default Gateway
- 2013 How to Change the Audio Output to PCM
- 2013 How to Turn On the Sleep Timer
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Settings
- 2013 How to Record a Video Message
- 2013 How to Insert a Note on the Home Screen
- 2013 How to Change the Menu Language
- 2013 How to Set a Channel as a Favorite
- 2013 How to Check the Signal Strength of a Channel
- 2013 How to Reset the TV to Factory Defaults
- 2013 How to Turn Off C.A.T.S.
- 2013 How to Change the Picture Mode
- 2013 How to Change the Input of the TV
- 2013 How to Access the E-Help Manual
- 2013 How to Connect to a Wired Network
- 2013 How to Find the MAC Address of the TV
- 2013 How to Perform a Screen Wipe
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Connecting an Analog Device to a Panasonic 2013 VIERA TV
- Panasonic 2013 VIERA Connection to Devices and Wi-Fi
- Panel —
- Panel Drive 600 Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Home Theater/Cinema/Custom
- Filter —
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 gradation steps
- 1080 Pure Direct —
- DCI 98% Color Space —
- Super Clear Resolution —
- Dot Noise Reduction —
- isf Mode —
- 24p Playback (3:2)/24p Smooth Film yes/—
- Hexa-Processing Engine —
- 3D Type —
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother —
- 2D-3D Conversion —
- 3D Motion Remaster —
- Dedicated 3D Eyewear —
- Speakers Full Range x 2
- Speaker Output 20 W (10 + 10)
- Surround Mode V-Audio
- my Home Screen —
- Camera Integrated —
- Voice Interaction —
- Voice Guidance —
- Touch Pad Controller —
- Electronic Touch Pen yes (Optional touch pen is required)
- eHelp yes
- Product Support Center —
- VIERA Remote2
- VIERA Remote2 (Smartphone App) yes
- Swipe and Share2.0 yes
- Browse and Share —
- Remote Play —
- App Launcher —
- Smart Calibration —
- VIERA Connect —
- Online Movies yes
- Web Browser* —
- Display Mirroring —
- Skype on TV —
- Media Player
- Media Player (Picture/Movie/Music) yes
- Support Format MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, / MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV, JPEG
- DLNA yes
- Bluetooth Compatible** —
- Eco Navigation yes
- C.A.T.S. yes
- Energy Star —
- Design Concept Narrow Bezel
- HDMI Input 2 (2 rear)
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
- USB2.0 2
- SD Card —
- Ethernet 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (rear)
- Headphone Jack —
- Service Port —
Power SupplyAC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 49.9
- On mode Average Power Consumption 136 W
- Rated Power Consumption 296 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
Display Resolution1,920 (W) x 1,080 (H)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 46.2" x 27.5" x 3.2" (General depth: 2.5")
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 46.2" x 29.6" x 11.7"
- Weight (w/o stand) 46.3 lbs.
- Weight (with stand) 53.0 lbs.
- Swivel Angle —
- Optional Wall Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard US: UL60065/FCC Parts15; CANADA: CSA C22,2/IC BETS-7
- VESA Compatible —
- Carton Dimensions (W x H x D) 53.0" x 31.4" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight (with stand) 66.2 lbs.
- Warranty yes (1 year)
- NOTE * The Web Browser cannot display some web pages correctly. And viewable contents by VIERA Web Browser are subject to the following conditions; / - viewable contents may vary depend on models, / - viewable contents may differ from those for PC, / - viewable contents may be limited. / ** HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available. A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant audio devices are available.
- UPC 885170111059
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.