VIERA® 50" Class S30 Series
Full HD Plasma HDTV (49.9" Diag.)
Full HD Plasma HDTV (49.9" Diag.)
- Fast Switching Phosphors
- Easy IPTV
- VIERA Image Viewer (Photo and Movie)
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- VIDEO .
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 49.9
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- 24p Playback (2 : 3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- AUDIO .
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
- CONVENIENCE .
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Easy IPTV Yes
- Wireless LAN Adaptor No (Option)
- DLNA Yes
- GENERAL .
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065(7th edition)/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 30.7" x 47.4" x 12.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 29.3" x 47.4" x Speaker depth: 2.8"; Panel depth: 2.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 62.9 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 54.0 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 33.9" x 53.0" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 79.4 lbs
- UPC 885170043558
TC-P50S30 is rated out of 5 by 24.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Died exactly like the other reviews Died the same as the others with the red power light still on, the screen is blank and there is no sound. Remote will turn it on but not turn off, must unplug it from the socket. Has to be a defective part and should be recalled or warranty repaired.
Date published: 2017-05-30
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Not expected TV Abruptly shut off with the power indicator light still on. However, the screen is blank and there is no sound. Remote will not turn off, have to unplug from wall. End result: Nothing
Date published: 2017-03-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Long Term Owner Good set. A little problem with extreme motion. Live sports and news rendered with perfect color. Photographs show better than they print. Too bad Plasma didn't make the cut when 4k came out. Also, you might notice electric usage and how warm it runs in summer. During winter? Fine. On balance the heat is not a problem. I adjusted the color once using live news and never touched it again in several years.
Date published: 2017-02-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2013-02-03
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Panasonic 50" Plasma Purchased model TCP50S30 15 months ago and now it doesn't work except for showing that the power light is on. If the warranty is a limited 1yr. then that tells you up front what the manufacturer thinks of their product. I'm really disappointed in this product because of short time that it lasted, buyer beware...buy another make or purchase the extended waranty. It did have nice picture until it expired. The ratings for this product mean nothing if it only lasts 15 months.
Date published: 2012-10-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Panasonic Best Plasma Everyone who has seen our TV loves it! Wants one!
Date published: 2012-07-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2012-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very Satisfied Extremely satisfied with the picture quality and ease of use.
Date published: 2012-01-15
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Brightness fluctuation when the TV is set to the "Standard" picture mode
Improvement for Media player compatibility
Update Easy IPTV service
Update for Netflix Operations
- Release Date: 4-30-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 18.104.22.168.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.