VIERA® 50" Class GT25 Series
Plasma HDTV with 3D (49.9" Diag.)
Plasma HDTV with 3D (49.9" Diag.)
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black Panel
- VIERA Cast™ WiFi w/ VideoPhone
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series GT25
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 49.9
Contrast RatioInfinite Black/5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D Yes
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear Not included (Option: Battery Type TY-EW3D10/Rechargeable Type TY-EW3D2S/2M/2L)
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 139.0 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +10°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 31.9" x 48.0" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 3.5"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 63.9 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 57.3 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 81.6 lbs.
- UPC 885170013315
TC-P50GT25 is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best Electronic Purchase I've Ever Made I can't get enough of this TV and have never had so much fun discovering all the new features of a product I've purchased. I feel like a kid on Christmas. Picture quality is outstanding, it's easy to use, the speakers aren't too shabby for this kind of tv, and it just all-around looks great. So far my favorite feature is the connection to youtube.
Date published: 2011-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Television I have had this Television for about three months and it is the best, I used the break in color slides for the first 150 hours, and then calibrated it to assorted settings I found on the web untill I found what looked best to me, I am very happy with everything I watch, even VHS movies look good, Bluray looks Amasing. I would buy this Television again if I had need of another of this size. Thank You Panasonic !
Date published: 2011-03-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV I love this panasonic, even tho it is plasma, it has a way etter picture then the led tv. The 3D is Great on it, Well with movies it is, Ima huge gaming fan, have a ps3 the 3d is good there is some cross talk and ghosting when playin games hopefully they can do a update for that idk. i say anyone who wants a 3dtv get this one its reasonale and very good make sure to get the rechargeale glasses not the kind u have to replace the atterys
Date published: 2011-03-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from WOW!!!THIS THING RULES! This thing is amazing! Viera Cast is a winner! Love it! Way better than the netflix, amazon.com, and youtube interfaces on my Samsung Bluray and my Tivo premiere unit. 50 inches of pristine picture quality the 3d is pretty impressive! in 2d which is used 95 percent of the time, It is beautiful crisp and with accurate color. I did calibrate it out of the box cause the factory settings looked funny. But after a Google search I found a few sites that had recommended calibration. You have to do this with any TV you buy so not a big deal. Once calibrated we watched a Bluray and it looked amazing! then I streamed a Netflix movie again awesome! Then I played one of my amazon.com videos that I had in my library. Loved that it will play back what is stored on their site! That was a big + for me. Picture quality on all these was great! I like that the remote has a backlight you can turn on and off that was a neat feature for me. I rate this TV 5 stars across the board and panasonics customer service isn't bad either. I give them 4 out of 5 stars cause it did take two calls to solve me shipping issue, my first one got damaged in shipping so I refused shipment and called to get it replaced. Long story short after the second call and talking to a sup I got one shipped out right away. Thank you Panasonic! would rate customer service 5 out of 5 if the first lady would have taken care of the issue the first call. I have to say I am glad I got this TV and didn't get another brand. This is awesome! Next I am ordering a Panasonic 3d Bluray player and a few sets of glasses.
Date published: 2011-02-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from GREAT PLASMA TV I will say that it is a great TV, beautiful picture. The 3D is awesome, so cool. Watching Avatar is unreal, can't wait till a lot more titles come out. Only thing I will say is I found it was a pain to get the settings right at first. All new TV's take a little adjusting to get the picture looking good in your home, but this one was unusually tough for me for some reason. I finally used a Spears & Munsil calibration disk with my Oppo BDP-93 and got the picture dialed in nicely. Once I got it dialed in it was worth it, sweet picture. This is my first plasma, I have owned two LCD's and I must say I do like the picture on this baby. The blacks on the Panasonic are so nice which is big reason the picture is so good. With my employee discount I got it for $975 with shipping, what a steal. But you have too also spend another $300 for two pairs of glasses and a Avatar disk.
Date published: 2011-02-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Wow! What a System I was totally blown away by the 3D effect. It was like going to a 3D IMAX Movie! Now I'm thinking about up-grading my HD Video Camera to 3D as well! One think to note! Don't try and go cheap on the HDMI cables since 3D requires the V4.1 Cables or the sound may not work!
Date published: 2010-12-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great value from Panasonic You can always expect the latest technology from Panasonic because they often develop and commercialize it before anyone else. The package deals they are running with the Avatar promotion are just too good to pass up. That said, a family of four will need four pairs of 3-D glasses, which are not cheap. I purchased from Amazon and got free shipping and no tax. You'll want to stop-in to a Best Buy Store to get advice on the interface with existing home theater recievers. The 3D audio signal works best on units with an (ARC) audio return channel input, which allows the audio signal to pass through the amplification... for more accurate sound reproduction. Rest assured that you'll also be getting the best HD reproduction, deep blacks and a fast processor for action movies and sports, (no blurr or image wash). This is an awesome HDTV and plasma technology is much better than LCD in my opinion. Pull the trigger if you can. You really can't go wrong with the bundle offers here.
Date published: 2010-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from love it. great tv if I could find where to buy it. the panasonic web site only tells me I can't buy it from them. shouldn't it tell me where to buy it?
Date published: 2010-10-06
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.