50" Class Viera® G20 Series 1080p Plasma
50" Class Viera® G20 Series 1080p Plasma
50" Class Viera® G20 Series 1080p Plasma
- VIERA Cast-WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities
- Infinite Black Panel
- VIERA Image Viewer™
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G20
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Panel /5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +10°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 31.9" x 48.0" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 3.5"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 63.9 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 57.3 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 79.4 lbs. (36 kg)
- Weight 79.4 lbs
TC-P50G20 is rated out of 5 by 20.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from best ever this is my best purchase of a tv ever
Date published: 2011-05-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from WOW Rarely do you get what you pay for these days. This is the exception. We use it every day, stream movies thru PS3, Gaming, Netflix, Photos, best multi-use device I own......
Date published: 2011-03-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Poor customer service Panasonic does not back up their products.
Date published: 2011-01-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good Quality TV TV purchase was quite good. There are other cheaper TVs out there, but the extras on this TV make it worth the extra money. Movie quality through digital cable(HDMI), and Xbox 360 Netflix(HDMI) are amazing. There are plenty of HDMI connections for the everyday user(3) and component/composite/Svideo for the non HD. It also uses a SD card reader to display photos and movies(make sure the format of the movie is the correct display for the TV as I can not play movies off of my Nikon) The only true complaint is the ONLY audio output is DIGITAL OPTIC. This wont be an issure on newer surround sound amplifiers, but it sure made me mad when I learned I could not listen to my movies in surround because my amplifier did not support digital optic. And the TV speakers are not the best. They make converter boxes, but the cost of these boxes add to the total TV cost which will have to come at a later time
Date published: 2011-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from WOW !!! This baby rocks. I'm 57 years old and was able to easily set the system up. If you buy this product, you won't be dissappointed.
Date published: 2010-12-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from my opinion on g20 it's my second panasonic tv plasma but this one is the best of the best i recommande that tv and get it at a very good price now just shop around you'll find it...........
Date published: 2010-11-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Just Got It So easy from out of the box to setup and working...I have had it for one night and I can't wait for football this weekend...I went to many places and even places without Panasonic plasma recommended Panasonic plasma
Date published: 2010-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent Television We oroginally purchased this model back in March 2010 when it was first available as we were deciding to upgrade our electronics in our living room. I am so glad that our Best Buy contact recommended it! We couldn't be happier with it! the picture quality is great, the television itself is very, very user friendly. The apps/widgets are great, especially Skype, Netflix and Pandora. The television was much, much cheaper than many LED/LCD models of the same size and caliber, but still a thin, lightweight product. the Infinite black is great, the refresh rate is excellent for gaming (other models are not) and the Viera Link is genius and works with non-Panasonic receivers and players which eliminates the use of several different remotes. We have never had a single problem with the television and when we decided to make an entertainment room in the basement, we logically went with the same model! We just had it installed this week and we have great piece of mind knowing how well it will perform and that it is Energy Star qualified!! Panasonic really delivers on this television. It does everything it claims to do and does it well. I would recommend this television to anyone whole-heartedly!!! Great product!!
Date published: 2010-10-16
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 126.96.36.199.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.