50" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
50" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
50" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
- 1080p Full-HD Resolution
- Slim Style
- THX® Certified Display
- VIERA CAST™
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- TCPxxG10: How to Program Channels
- TCPxxG10: How to Reduce Image Retention
- TCPxxG10: How to Restore the Default Picture Settings
- TCPxxG10: How to Restore the Default Audio Settings
- TCPxxG10: How to Change the Picture Format/Size
- TCPxxG10: How to Change the TV Input
- TCPxxG10: How to Update the Software/Firmare
- TCPxxG10: How to Assign Input Labels
- TCPxxG15: How to assign Input labels
- TCPxxG15: How to Change the TV Input
- TCPxxG15: How to Program Channels
- TCPxxG15: How to Restore Default Picture Settings
- TC-PxxG15: How to Restore Default Audio Settings
- TCPxxG15: How to Change the Format Size
- TC-P42G15: How to Reduce Image Retention
- How to Connect a PC to the TV
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- How to Find the Networks Default Gateway
- How to Troubleshoot TV Network Issues
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Watch Video: How to update VIERA TV firmware using SD card
- Model Type Plasma
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.576 x 0.576 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 589 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 269 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.1" X 48.0" X 15.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 3.9" (2.4" exclusive of protruding portion)
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 75.0 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 70.6 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)
Will my TV support an Apple router?
Why is the TV unable to connect to my home network even though I entered my Network Name/SSID and Encryption (password)?
Ensure that you are entering the SSID and Encryption (password) into the TV exactly as it appears in your router. The SSID and Encryption information is case sensitive. Hint: Use the green button to toggle between upper and lower case letters when entering the SSID and Encryption. Special characters can be entered by using the 1, Last or 0 button.
Why doesn't my TV recognize the LAN cable I plugged in?
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is a direct LAN cable and not a crossover cable. A PC may work with a crossover cable but our TV will not. We recommend that you test the Ethernet connection, using a computer and a different Ethernet cable.
Why do I have to enter my network name and password everytime I turn the TV back on?
The wireless adapter of the TV can take up to 2 minutes to find and reconnect to your wirelss network. If you give it time, you will not be prompted to enter your user name and password.
Why can't I change the format of the TV while using the internet applications?
The [Format] button on the TV remote is disabled while you are inside of any of the internet applications of the TV.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on Network Connections?
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Digital Audio Out (Optical) jack on the TV?
The Digital Audio Out(Optical) port will output up to a 5.1 Dolby Digital signal from any internet application as long as the content is available in 5.1 Dolby Digital within the application.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my TV fails the last step of the Network Connection Test ?
Try changing the DNS information in your TV. First, contact your internet service provider to determine their DNS server information. Second, go into the TV's menu and enter the DNS information into the TV. To change the DNS settings in the TV, press the [Menu] button on the remote control and then select "Network" in the menu. Third, select "IP address/DNS settings" and then set "DNS setting mode" to manual. Finally, select "DNS" and enter the DNS server information that you received from your internet service provider. Perform another connection test.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What should I do if error "006" is displayed when I press the Internet button on the TV's remote control?
Enter the TV's Network menu and select the "IP Address/DNS Setting" option. Then change the DNS Setting mode to Manual and change the DNS to 126.96.36.199.
What ports are used by VieraCast?
48705, 80 and 443
What IP cameras are compatible with this this set?
The BLC210 and BLC230 are the only models currently compatible with this feature.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Is the N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter compatible with my TV?
The N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter is only compatible with the following TV Series: UT50, UT54, and XT50.
Is it necessary to do a connection test each time I turn the TV before I enjoy online movies?
Once you turn on your television, it may take up to 60 seconds for the TV to identify your network settings and connect back to your network. Please allow time for the television to make that connection.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How do I update this TV to the latest software (firmware)?
If the TV is connected to the Internet, then you will be automatically notified of available software updates.
To manually check for an update:
In the main menu, select "Network" and then press [OK], select "Software Update". The current and latest version software will be shown. If a newer version is available, update your TV. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not power off the TV until the update is complete. Be patient; firmware update may take a while.
How do I test the TV's network connection?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network status. This will test and display the connection status graphically and give you four choices (Try again, Status details, Help, Done) to proceed.
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I search for a wireless network?
Press Menu > Network > Network Connection. You will then be given an option of "Quick Setup" or "Custom" to search for networks.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know when a firmware update is available for my TV?
A message stating that firmware is available will appear on your screen when you attempt to access one of the network applications.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I enter a plus sign when entering my network password into my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV does not have a character for a plus sign. You will need to change your network password in your router to a password that does not include a plus sign.
How do I disable firmware update messages?
It is recommended that you update your TV's firmware whenever you are prompted about an update as new update may fix issues or add new features to your applications as well as add new applications.
How do I delete an incorrect character when entering my network password into my TV?
You can press the Red button on the remote to delete a letter or number.
How do I connect my TV to a proxy?
We recommend you do not connect your TV to a proxy server, as some or all of your applications might not work.
How do I change my IP address manually?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network Connection > Custom > Ethernet Cable > IP Setting Mode > Manual.
You can then use the arrow buttons to highlight characters and the [OK] button to select characters.
How do I access the internet applications of my TV?
You can access the internet applications of your TV by pressing the [Internet], [VIERA CAST], or [Apps] button on your remote, depending on the model of your TV.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I make my wireless signal stronger?
You may need to purchase a signal booster or wireless repeater if your TV is too far away from your router.
Does the Amazon VOD application have the watchlist feature?
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size
Can I add internet applications to my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV only supports the applications that are preloaded onto it.