50" Class Viera G10 Series Plasma HDTV
- 49.9" Diagonal 1080p HDTV
- Viera Cast™
- THX® Certified Display
- Viera Image Viewer™
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G10
- Model Year 2009
- VIDEO .
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.576 x 0.576 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP
(Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- AUDIO .
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
- CONVENIENCE .
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- GENERAL .
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 589 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 269 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.1" X 48.0" X 15.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 75.0 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 70.6 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)
- UPC 037988242450
TC-P50G10 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from best picture ever this is my third hd set and this one is by far the clearest picture yet but sound not the best for some reason.G REAT tv.Need to do something about the sound.
Date published: 2010-12-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Get Firmware Update Version 1.28!!!! THX looks amazing!! Especially after getting the firmware update from Panasonic.com. A definite improvement. I found the colour in THX was a little green/yellow tinted, but the update has fixed that. This TV is very impressive and I sure am glad I bought plasma over LCD. Beautiful blacks and rich, lush colour. I also love that I can choose a different picture mode for each input: THX for dvd/blu-ray and custom for sat etc...
Date published: 2010-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from best tv that I have ever owned I researched several tvs before deciding on this one and I couldn't be happier. The picture quality is excellent. I read a lot of reviews saying that the 24p mode is broken, but I don't see it. I think some people are just over sensitive. Everything on this tv looks great I couldn't be happier
Date published: 2010-02-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great at first........ This TV was great until the black levels automatically adjusted making the dark blacks turn grey now comparable to my LCD TV. Read up about this before buying this TV. If Panasonic comes out with a fix, this TV cannot be beat for its great picture and value. If and when this issue is fixed the TV will get a much higher review.
Date published: 2010-02-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazing picture! Assembly and setup are a breeze. The included stand mounts quickly on cast legs which should provide plenty of strength for support. The only minor drawback is the TV willl not rotate on the base. Connectivity is easy enough with the provided inputs. A also connected the G10 to my home network to use the Viera cast features. Setup of the this is simple as long as you leave everything in the auto detect mode for network settings. It would be nice in the future to see more choices of online movie rentals in the V cast menu. Now for the best part of the G10 and the reason why I bought it. The picture quality is Superb. It provides awesome detail for scenes with low light that don't lose any detail. I need to watch all the movies I own again to see everything I've been missing. The picture is rich, detailed and has the best black of any TV I have ever seen. The THX mode is fantastic. Nice job Panasonic. As you can tell I am highly impressed with the G10. It is an excellent value, you would probably have to spend two to three times as much to rival the G10 in another brand.
Date published: 2010-01-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Price and Features I like many others looked long and hard before buying this model. After shopping around this is by far the top TV plasma or lcd. You need to have the store people set it like it would be at your home. Stores always set them up at all high settings. You will not be dissatisfied in any way with the Panasonic. It was alot different dialing this in than my old CRT set. Very Happy with this.
Date published: 2009-12-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2009-07-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from cast hookup The only problem I seem to have at this time is getting the cast to work.After calling panasonic techs I still have not quite figured it out, without spending a small fortune.Picture quality is excellant ,sound could use some improvements.Would recommend the s-series instead of g-series
Date published: 2009-07-02
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 188.8.131.52.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.