50" Class Viera C2 Series 720p Plasma
50" Class Viera C2 Series 720p Plasma
50" Class Viera C2 Series 720p Plasma
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- VIERA Image Viewer™ (Photo)
- VIERA Link™
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series C2
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: 2,000,000:1
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 786,432 (1,024 x 768)
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) 720p
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter No
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 2
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB No
- LAN Port No
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- Skype Ready No
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.2" x 48.0" x 14.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 3.7"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 72.8 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 70.5 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 34.4" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 88.2 lbs.
- Weight 88.2 lbs
TC-P50C2 is rated out of 5 by 15.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best television I debated plasma at the time, years later still loving it.
Date published: 2016-11-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Love IT!!!! My husband and I had purchased the 42" Panasonic and loved it but wanted a bigger T.V. so we purchased the 50" Panasonic and love it we still have the 42" and use it in another area of our house both T.V.'s are great and I don't think we would ever purchase anything other than a Panasonic
Date published: 2011-05-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Plasma vs LCD- Dilemma I wanted the LCD in large screen, I couldn't locate one within my budget, I searched high and low. I just bought a home entertainment wall unit and couldn't stand the fact it was empty for five days. I was at work one day browsing the net and I saw this model on sale. I debated about the purchase for 3 more hours. Finally, I decided I'll just go and see, and hour later I was home unboxing it. Yes, it is heavy but I didn't expect to be light. the picture quality is superb, as for the sound (stand alone is good)but I bought a Panasonic home theatre system.
Date published: 2011-04-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from I would buy it again I have had my TV for about 3 months now and couldnt be happier, at first i was gonna go with LCD but after looking at the picture on each i didnt see any difference. so i figured why spend the extra money if there isnt anything different.
Date published: 2011-04-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Shopped around for 2 months and found this tv to be priced great.also when looking at tvs in stores it was difficult to see any diference in picture quality unless you spent hundreds more.Awsome color and clarity.very pleased.
Date published: 2011-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2011-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Upgrade!! This is the second model that i've had that's plasma. Same brand and model. First model was cracked.. poor shiping to best buy.. No biggie.. Coming from a 60" DLP from panasonic, this was a step up!!!!! Veralink!!?? WOW who would have thought of that!! Sounds like Onstar, and controls everything!! PERFECT!!!!! Definitly look to gettin 7+ years from like i did the DLP Panisonic tv i had KUDOS Pan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap 50" upgrade!!! 599$
Date published: 2010-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from ive had this tv for three weeks i got it at hhgregg for a very good price for a 50 inch plasma i looked at two other brands but was always going to buy the panasonic i have another panasonic plasma and im very pleased with it as well i look at reviews in consomer reports and that is how i know to buy panasonic plasma tv they rate them very good in there reviews so if you want a awsome tv buy this one you will be very happy with it.
Date published: 2010-12-21
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.36
Fixes audio issues where the audio is garbled or muffled. This occurs when a device is connected via an HDMI cable. The issue is random and last approximately 3-5 minutes.
Closed Captioning stops displaying after some time when using Video 1 or Video 2 inputs. Closed Captioning returns once the TV is powered off, then on again.
- Release Date: 12-14-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.