VIERA® 46" Class S30 Series
Full HD Plasma HDTV (46.0" Diag.)
Full HD Plasma HDTV (46.0" Diag.)
- Fast Switching Phosphors
- Easy IPTV
- VIERA® Image Viewer (Photo & Movie)
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 46.0
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- 24p Playback (2 : 3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Easy IPTV Yes
- Wireless LAN Adaptor No (Option)
- DLNA Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065(7th edition)/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 28.8" x 44.0" x 12.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 27.4" x 44.0" x Speaker depth: 2.8"; Panel depth: 2.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 57.4 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 48.5 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 31.9" x 49.6" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 72.8 lbs
- UPC 885170043565
TC-P46S30 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV Got this TV on Black friday because of sale prices on that day. Went into dealer .. they had 6 in stock. looked at them then went to another dealer to compare. Back to Best buy and they were already down to 3. I bought one and the other 2 went while I was checking out. (My cost was $399.) Picture is great. Setup was a snap.. (If you can't set up this TV by yourself, you need to be listening to radio.)
Date published: 2011-11-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from This is my second Panasonic plasma TV and I couldn't be happier. You would be hard pressed to find a TV with the same black levels, refresh rate and overall picture quality for the same price. The setup was super easy (as expected). The WiFi set went smoothly as well. I simply plugged my WiFi adaptor into the USB port, entered my network key, and BAM!! I was done. This is a great TV, not just for the price, but overall. I got mine for just over $700 with free shipping. You just cant beat it!
Date published: 2011-11-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great product Am very happy with this model...XBox looks incredible...
Date published: 2011-08-06
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Okay but. Am overall pleased but unhappy with the picture quality as it can be very good (sports) or not so good depending on what is being viewed (movies/regular TV programs). Have played with different picture tints, colors and contrast but cannot get consistent reproduction. As least the old tube TV was consistently decent picture reproduction. Like the fast connection to the Web for Netflix & Pandora.
Date published: 2011-07-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great picture for the money I have a VT50 3D TV as well, and the picture on the S30 is every bit as good! I bought the S30 to use in the conference room of my company, and I'm still experimenting with the best method of connecting to laptops, so I'm not sure if it meets all my requirements in terms of flexibility of screen resolutions. I can say that the color reproduction is stellar however, and it images are sharp.
Date published: 2011-05-18
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2011-05-17
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Brightness fluctuation when the TV is set to the "Standard" picture mode
Improvement for Media player compatibility
Update Easy IPTV service
Update for Netflix Operations
- Release Date: 4-30-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.