46" Class Viera® G25 Series 1080p Plasma
46-inch Plasma HDTV with full 1080p HD resolution; THX certified display
- VIERA Cast for streaming online content plus video conferencing via Skype (using optional webcam)
- Infinite Black panel blocks ambient light and produces deep blacks and bright, vivid images with minimal reflection
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G25
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 46" Class (46.0" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Panel /5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +10°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 30.0" x 44.6" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 28.5" x 44.6" x 3.5"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 59.5 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 52.9 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 32.6" x 49.6" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 72.8 lbs. (33.0 kg)
- Remote Controls
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.