46" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
46" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
46" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
- 1080p Full-HD Resolution
- Slim Style
- THX® Certified Display
- VIERA CAST™
- Model Type Plasma
- Screen Size 46" Class (46.0" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.531 x 0.531 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 531 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 207 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 30.2" x 44.6" x 15.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 28.5" x 44.6" x 3.9" (2.4" exclusive of protruding portion)
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 68.3 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 63.9 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 32.8" x 49.5" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 83.8 lbs. (38.0 kg)
TC-P46G15 is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from This TV very good. It is best TV that I hav ever had. It has a very nice picture. Picture and color very clear. It easy to use. It make movys better. I notice TV shows funnyer with this TV. When watching thee news this TV give you more news then hour old tv did and news is newer. Hour old TV give us older news but this one give new news. This TV is 1080p hour old TV was 720p so you can stor 1080 pictures on TV but we never learn how to do but want to learn this time because we have lots of pictures of kids. I cant watch scary movie on TV because it make movie scaryer than old TV. Sales man said TV good on energy so it save lots of energy. This help keep gas prices down and saves gas used in america. This reason why we buy TV because we want to save energy so america do not run out of gas and make gas high.
Date published: 2010-12-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best Plasma I have ever seen This plasma has an incredible picture and is simple to use.
Date published: 2010-04-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Everything but NetFlix An absolutely fabulous TV. I got a great deal at a local retailer, much cheaper than via the Internet so that helps. I really like everything about the TV, but the manual needs work. Somethings are covered in excellent detail but other things (e.g. audio setup, headphones) aren't covered at all. Still its all about the TV and it has been great. I am concerned that the 2009 model won't support NetFlix now that Panasonic has announced that it will be adding it to the TV. I had no trouble with the Internet setup, just plugged in the cable, selected VieraCast and waited. It is really nice to watch my Picasa slide show on the big screen. I would really like to watch Hulu, but that doesn't seen in the cards. I'm old so the interface to enter Internet accounts via the remote control was a pain, but people who text a lot probably wouldn't mind. If it only supported a keyboard and the ability to go to any site I would be buying one for every room.
Date published: 2010-01-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very Satisfied Customer I had lbeen an interested window shopper for years for high def TV's and just kept holding off for the next year's technology to come out. I finally purchased this tv a few weeks ago have watched it throughout the bowl season and I still can't get over how awesome this tv is for sports and movies. The color is unparalleled and the blacks are very deep. Motion is flawless and it's overall the best purchase I could've made. It's slim and sleek and looks fantastic in my living room! The features are also great and although the sound is ok but not great, no one buys a plasma for the sound. AWESOME TV and would recommend it to anyone! Why pay more for an LCD, this TV has to be tops on the market. Don't look any further than the Panasonic G15 Plasma.
Date published: 2010-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from great purchase this is one of th best tv's ive ever purchased. Sadly i saw a sale on a 50 inch S1 so i returned it. This is still a very good tv and i reccommend it
Date published: 2009-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from bought two I first bought a 42 G15, liked it so much,moved it to my bedroon,went back to the store and got the 46 G15, amazing for sports and movies and that Viera cast where you can see music videos from you-tube full screen.Simply the best.
Date published: 2009-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!! BEST TV EVER MADE! I HAVE TWO PANASONIC PLASMA. TH-50PZ77U AND TC-P46G15 LOVE THE PLASMA! MADE BUY PANASONIC. 1 DAY WILL BUY 65 OR 100 P.S KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
Date published: 2009-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Phenomenal Quality Why LCD's cost more to buy when they cost less to make doesn't concern me. This plasma sets the standards by which all others should be compared. The "Cadillac" of plasma televisions if you will. I have looked at other models by other brands and this is the one that kept drawing me (and my wife) back time and time again. Very pleased. :o)
Date published: 2009-07-09
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 18.104.22.168.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.