46" Class Viera G10 Series Plasma HDTV
46" Diagonal 1080p HDTV
Viera Cast™Exciting web content.No PC required!
THX® Certified DisplayMovie images as the movie creators' intended them.
Viera Image Viewer™Makes photo sharing easy.
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G10
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 46" Class (46.0" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.531 x 0.531 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP
(Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 531 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 207 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 30.2" x 44.6" x 15.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 28.5" x 44.6" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 68.4 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 64.0 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 32.8" x 49.5" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 83.8 lbs. (38.0 kg)
- UPC 037988242467
- Remote Controls
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 126.96.36.199.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.