NEW! VIERA® 42" Class X5 Series Plasma HDTV (41.9" Diag.)
- 720P HD
- 600 HZ Sub-Field Drive
- Media Player (Movie & Photo-Capable)
- Basic Audio Video Connections
- How to Adjust the Picture Size
- How to Connect your PC to the TV
- How to Connect the TV to an Audio System
- 2012 First Time Setup
- 2012 How to Change the Input of the TV
- 2012 How to Set a Channel as a Favorite
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- VIERA Tips: How to Connect A/V, Get Best Picture, and More
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 41.9
- Number of Pixels 786,432 (1,024 x 768)
- Panel G15 Progressive HD Plasma
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- Panel Drive 600 Hz Sub-Field Drive
- 24p Playback (3:2)/24p Smooth Film yes/ -
- 3D Real Sound yes
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound AV Surround
- Integrated ATSC Tuner yes
- HDMI Input
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- SD Card yes (SDHC)
- USB2.0 1
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) yes
- Composite Video Input shared with Component RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Composite Video) RCA x 1
- Component Video Input (Y, PB, PR) shared with Composite RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1
- Media Player
- Support Format AVCHD/SD-VIDEO/MP4/MKV, MP3/AAC, JPEG
- Game Mode yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) yes
- Trilingual Menu (English/Spanish/French) yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder yes
- Off - Timers yes
Power SupplyAC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 69 W
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Dimensions with stand
- Height [inches (mm)] 25.9" (657 mm)
- Width [inches (mm)] 39.7" (1,007 mm)
- Depth [inches (mm)] 9.1" (231 mm)
- Dimensions W/O stand
- Height [inches (mm)] 24.3" (615 mm)
- Width [inches (mm)] 39.7" (1,007 mm)
- Depth [inches (mm)] Max.: 3.2" (81 mm); General: 2.5" (63 mm)
- Weight with stand [lbs (kg)] 38.5 lbs. (17.5 kg)
- Weight W/O stand [lbs (kg)] 35.3 lbs. (16.0 kg)
- Carton Dimensions
- Height [inches (mm)] 28.7" (728 mm)
- Width [inches (mm)] 45.7" (1,160 mm)
- Depth [inches (mm)] 10.0" (252 mm)
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 48.5 lbs. (22 kg)
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard US: UL60065/FCC Part15, CANADA: CSA C22.2/IC BETS-7
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket Model Numbers TY-WK4P1RW
- NOTE * with Special Adapter cable (dedicated)
- UPC 885170076020
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.