VIERA® 42" Class X3 Series
Plasma HDTV (41.6" Diag.)
Plasma HDTV (41.6" Diag.)
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- Easy IPTV
- VIERA Image Viewer™ H.264 (Photo & Movie)
- Model Type Plasma
- Series X3
- Model Year 2011
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 786,432 (1,024 x 768)
- Moving Picture Resolution 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 2
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1 (common with Component)
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1 (common with Component)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1 (common with Composite)
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1 (common with Composite)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Easy IPTV Yes
- Wireless LAN Adaptor No (Option)
- DLNA Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065(7th edition)/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 26.8" X 40.3" X 12.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 25.1" X 40.3" X Speaker depth: 3.7";Panel depth: 3.4"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 51.8 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 49.6 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 29.4" x 45.3" x 10.8"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 64.0 lbs.
- UPC 885170043602
TC-P42X3 is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Support? What Support? Please Hold.......... The television itself is acceptable in terms of what it does for the price point it occupies. As for support, i attempted to "Live Chat" with somebody---anybody---in Panasonic technical support. i put in the requested information, and the result was little blue dots that faded in and out to tell me i was waiting my turn. No information about my position in the waiting line for a technician, no estimate of the average number of minutes i would to wait for assistance, just blue dots; fading in and fading out. after 15 minutes of dots i gave up. like so many companies these days, it would seem Panasonic claims to offer support to its customers, but instead hides behind the internet instead.
Date published: 2017-06-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV Set This is the best TV set I've ever had, the colours are great, the image is crisp and detailed. I couldn't ask for more with such a low price. This TV was made to last, but don't watch very static images because image retention is the main problem with plasma Tv's.
Date published: 2013-04-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Nice Very happy with the picture quality and having the Viera tools is convenient. BUT.....why did you have the sleep option (a feature I use every single night) under 3 button presses.....how thoughtless Panasonic !!!!!!!!!!
Date published: 2011-07-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from For a less expensive tv, it works ok. The white colors are muted to light gray and overall it is not very bright. I have a more expensive Viera that performs well and was disapointed with this model. It does not have the clarity of the better set, not does it have the sharpness of a cheap LCD that I own when sitting beside it. The component input would not work with the satellite. I will exchange for a more expensive set. If the price is the driver, this is ok.
Date published: 2011-07-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Couldn't be happier. Bright, beautiful image. My first flat-panel TV, and the built-in Netflix integration works smoothly and saved me from having to buy a Roku. Note that while it doesn't come with wireless Ethernet, it does have a wired RJ-45 connector - - you can hook it directly to your home router cheaply and efficiently. Couldn't be happier.
Date published: 2011-07-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Exceeded my expectations This tv is so awesome. Great price for all its features. I get up to 1080i. Picture is great. Love Netflix! Forget LED's, their prices are to high.
Date published: 2011-05-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from bargain plasma picture looks like a 1500.00 set!
Date published: 2011-03-04
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Brightness fluctuation when the TV is set to the "Standard" picture mode
Improvement for Media player compatibility
Update Easy IPTV service
Update for Netflix Operations
- Release Date: 4-30-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.