42" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
42" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
42" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- VIERA Image Viewer™ (Photo)
- VIERA Link™
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series U2
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Native: 2,000,000:1
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter No
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input No
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB No
- LAN Port No
VIERA Link™ Yes
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) No
- Skype Ready No
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 298 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 27.8" x 40.6" x 12.1"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.1" x 40.6" x 3.7"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 54.0 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 49.6 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 30.2" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 66.1 lbs.
- Weight 66.1 lbs
TC-P42U2 is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from 10-Year Review I purchased this TV 10 years ago. I'm still blown away by the picture quality and color accuracy. I always get compliments on the TV when showing it to friends. Although sleek, it's not afraid to have an easy-to-use power button on the front, which is VERY handy. Also, the picture can be tuned in a huge range of color and light, much more than a lot of brand new TVs. The specs for this TV in its price range at the time blew everything else away. The picture quality was the same as LEDs costing twice the price. My plasma has never given me any trouble, it has always been reliable. A couple of times I wished it had an RCA audio out, but I got by with using the fiber optic out. CINEMA MODE IS AWESOME!
Date published: 2017-05-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very good for money. Picture great, sound very good. Only wish it had a place for my PC to hook up. Great TV for price easy to use.
Date published: 2011-03-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very Swanky TV My wife bought me this tv for my birthday and it arrived yesterday. Setup was very easy. I connected our AT&T cable box via coax, and a Playstation 3 with the Move bundle via HDMI. I played a game on the PS3 and was extremely satisfied with the picture. Ok, so the sound is not amazing, but it's not as bad as many people say, especially for stock flat panel speakers. Didn't have the opportunity to check out HD broadcasts because we don't get HD channels with our U-Verse package. However, we watched a blu ray movie and the picture is beautiful. Very nice blacks, vivid colors, little if any bleeding, and very little visible pixelation. I am very satisfied with this tv. It is my first HD flat panel and I would recommend it to anyone.
Date published: 2011-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Cannot beat it...... I love this tv. It was inexpensive, has great quality, very easy to use & set up. It was a choice between this and another brand, and Im very satisfied with my choice. i also purchased the extended warranty from Panasonic & I am extremley satisfied with the service they have provided me.
Date published: 2011-01-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Panasonic TC-P42U2 Plasma TV Thought I was buying top of the line 1080P, but this one is clearly inferior to our 3 other Panasonic 50 inch Plasmas. So many model numbers it is confusing. This one looks like a 720P. Not very clear. Returning it.
Date published: 2010-10-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV, great purchase! We have had this TV for several months now and we love it! It has a great picture, bright colors, and attractive outer case. The menu is super easy to use and it was extremely easy to set up right out of the box! I'm sold on Panasonic and I would recommend this TV to family/friends in a heartbeat. Plus: the price is amazing for the value!
Date published: 2010-10-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Plasma Tv I've been using this TV for a couple days...Now I already fell in love with that Plasma TV. The features are incredible and splendid. In My opinion THAT IS THE BEST PLASMA TV EVER....
Date published: 2010-06-15
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.36
Fixes audio issues where the audio is garbled or muffled. This occurs when a device is connected via an HDMI cable. The issue is random and last approximately 3-5 minutes.
Closed Captioning stops displaying after some time when using Video 1 or Video 2 inputs. Closed Captioning returns once the TV is powered off, then on again.
- Release Date: 12-14-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.