VIERA® 42" Class ST30 Series
Plasma HDTV with 3D (41.6" Diag.)
Plasma HDTV with 3D (41.6" Diag.)
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black 2 Panel
- VIERA® Connect WiFi Ready
- VIERA® Image Viewer with 3D Playback (Movie & Photo Capable)
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 41.6
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Louver Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- 24p Playback (2 : 3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 3D Panel Yes
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother Yes
- 2D-3D Conversion Yes
- 3D Image Viewer Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA Connect (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear Not Included
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Wireless LAN Adaptor Yes
- DLNA Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065 (7th generation)/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +15°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 26.6" x 40.2" x 12.6"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 25.2" x 40.2" x Speaker depth: 2.8"; Panel depth: 2.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 51.8 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 44.1 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 29.5" x 45.7" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 64.0 lbs.
- UPC 885170043534
TC-P42ST30 is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very solid purchase I did months of research before buying the TV. I was already settled on a Plasma and I couldn't be happier. The picture quality is excellent, I LOVE watching sports on it. There is no motion blur you can get with LCD's. The apps are fun to use and the connection to my wireless network is usually very smooth. I listen to Pandora all the time. I will definitely look at Panasonic again when it is time to buy for other rooms in y house
Date published: 2012-08-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2012-06-14
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Picture out after 6 months Great picture - great features. Wonderfull to connect to internet for Netflix, etc. Major problem with picture going out after 6 months and service taking 7 - 10 days to repair.
Date published: 2012-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Happier than expected...and that was a lot Am extremely happy with this purchase--in spite of being in a room with lots of windows, there's not as much reflection from the glossy screen as was the case on my older HD TV. The color is terrific, adjustments easy to make, and ease of use dead-on. My only complaint is the Viera ad that appears every time the TV is turned on. Not a big deal, goes away in a few seconds, but still feels a bit like overreaching marketing to me. Would definitely but the same model again if I needed another TV.
Date published: 2012-01-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Lack of detail thinking in the apps Just got this TV and overall it seems to work as well as expected with the exception that a bit more detail oriented thought should have gone into the Viera apps. Netflix does not have a search feature. Very frustrating when you are looking for a specific show/film. Have to go to the computer and add it to the instant play list, just what I bought this TV to avoid. DNLA brings down my music library from the server, but in a haphazard order. One more programing step to sort the lists would have made all the difference.
Date published: 2011-12-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Simply Stunning Bought this for my bedroom.. Great for low light conditionswhile watching movies on blueray...
Date published: 2011-11-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from It's and "OK" TV Overall for a small room or bedroom it's a good tv, but to be honest I expected much more. Viera Cast is choppy and slowish. Haven't tested Skype yet but as far as I see with the rest of the apps, might not be the best. I am satisfied in general, and as a 2nd TV this probably is good choice, but for me, as my TV Theater setup, I should have got a full array LED display.
Date published: 2011-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent Choice I spent several months looking at all the options for HDTV's and finally decided on the Panasonic 42" Plasma 3D. Right from the box it exceeded my expectations. The 600hz refresh rate makes for stunning clarity in action sequences. This is definitely an excellent choice.
Date published: 2011-04-12
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 2.22
Adds support for VIERA Connect™Service
Improvement for wireless LAN compatibility (Router: D-LINK DIR-825 H/W Rev.B)
Static noise in audio when streaming Netflix content
Improvement for VIERA Connect™Service
Adds support ISF control via Ethernet
Improvement for Media player compatibility
Update VIERA Connect™service
Improvement of Skype Camera compatibility
- Release Date: 7-17-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 18.104.22.168.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.