VIERA® 42" Class S30 Series Full HD Plasma HDTV (42.0" Diag.)
- Fast Switching Phosphors
- Easy IPTV
- VIERA® Image Viewer (Photo & Movie)
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 41.6
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-Fill
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- 24p Playback (2 : 3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Easy IPTV Yes
- Wireless LAN Adaptor No (Option)
- DLNA Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065 (7th edition)/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 26.6" x 40.2" x 12.6"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 25.2" x 40.2" x Speaker depth: 2.8"; Panel depth: 2.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 49.6 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 41.9 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 29.5" x 45.7" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 61.8 lbs
- UPC 885170043572
TC-P42S30 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent display, few frills, blissful vistas! I have had this TV for four years now. Over this time I have noticed a subtle reduction in its ability to generate the blackest blacks, but the picture quality and color reproduction is impeccable. I purchased direct from Panasonic, and grateful I did. The price was right, and it's a perfect monitor to my small home theater. Wish the menus could be faster in the IPTV and the system setup, but I've stopped using that lately.
Date published: 2015-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from happy as a clam Excellent picture quality. The plasma is not as bright as a LCD but that has never been an issue in my home. Anti glare screen works great. Good sound quality. Not the best but it get the job done. Ample features Amazon and Netflex streaming works great. And the TV plays movies from my external HD (.m4v file format) like a pro.
Date published: 2013-01-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Well, hello there, gorgeous! I've had this TV for almost two years now, and it still impresses me. I just have two HDMI inputs from a DMP-BD75 and a Motorola Cable Box, and some content on here just soars. Recently, I watched Hugo. The colors and textures were nearly immaculate--blacks were like staring into a void. I do take issue with some of the Easy IPTV apps. Namely, the Netflix app is cumbersome and very slow. Because I use it often for content, it does cause a damper to my experience. I have the latest firmware...so, I'd like to see another update that improves the IPTV experience!
Date published: 2013-01-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from I never go wrong with a Panasonic Product I love my new Viera 42" LCD TV. It was easy to set up, the remote has large lettering, with simple-to-understand functions. This is my 1st Plasma TV. Panasonic is still my go-to product, and I feel confident in its quality.
Date published: 2012-11-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Got the best Talked to a Pansonic rep at Best Buy. Moved up to the 1080P for the glare reduction screen. Money well spent on that.
Date published: 2012-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from WOW This is my first flat panel tv.I did a lot of research and found this to be the best fit for what I needed. I didn't need 3D for my bedroom so I got this one. Only have standard def going to it for now and but cant wait to get hidef to really get the most out of this panel. The blacks are great and the colors are unbeleivable. After the 100 hour break in i ran the Avia II setup disc and made the standard def the best I could but i know when I finally get the hi def box it going to be awesome. Just wish I didn't need to buy the WLAN Adapter. It should be included or have built in wifi. It's the 21st century.
Date published: 2012-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Awesome Picture Bought this for an early Christmas present for my son and family. He loves it and it has a beautiful picture. Started with the TV and now we are working towards getting the Blu-Ray DVD player and the Glasses. The glasses have be the hardest to find so far. He is looking forward to having the full effect.
Date published: 2011-12-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Have alway's had a good relationship overall with Panasonic.Panasonic is "Slightly Ahead of Our Time."
Date published: 2011-12-10
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Brightness fluctuation when the TV is set to the "Standard" picture mode
Improvement for Media player compatibility
Update Easy IPTV service
Update for Netflix Operations
- Release Date: 4-30-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 184.108.40.206.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.