42" Class Viera® G25 Series 1080p Plasma
42" Class Viera® G25 Series 1080p Plasma
42" Class Viera® G25 Series 1080p Plasma
- VIERA Cast-WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities
- Infinite Black Panel
- VIERA Image Viewer™
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G25
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast Ratio Infinite Black Panel /5,000,000:1 Native
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D No
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting Yes
- ISFccc No
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Digital Audio Output 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- Skype Ready Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear No
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle +15°
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 27.3" x 40.6" x 12.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 25.8" x 40.6" x 3.5"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 51.8 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 45.2 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 30.2" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 61.7 lbs.
- Weight 61.7 lbs
TC-P42G25 is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from My first Plasma TV and I could not be happier.I have been using it for about 1 yr. I also have a 50 inch, LCD but I keep coming back to watch movies and sports on this TV. This is the right size for the kitchen/family room. Awesome picture quality that you have to check for yourself. The blacks are truely deeper, picture quality clear and sharp. I notice a solid 2 inch strip down the side of my screen about 3 months after the purchase. Turned out that the panel had a cut wire. It was replaced and no problems. (reason for 4 on support) Extremely happy with purchase.
Date published: 2011-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2011-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from QUALITY!!!! Enough SAID! Solid, quality picture. Better than LCD and new LCD/LED in my honest opinion. I've had both and seen both but the blacks and dark colors look great in plasma, especially this model. I'm not into 3D picture so I didn't need the next model up. Stayed with 42" because that's what mounts perfectly to the brick of my fireplace. There are good calibration websites that will help you fine-tune the colors. Do a search on Google or check the AVS forum. I also have it plugged into my Network at home so I could update the Firmware. You can use the wireless dongle but I just use the onboard NIC.
Date published: 2011-02-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Love THX mode This model has THX mode, which has a wonderful picture quality- very deep blacks yet still bright images and smooth contrast. The cheaper model in this line does not have THX, which I think is worth the difference in price. This is my first plasma, which is so much better than any LCD I have bought in the past. The only negative is the remote's mute button, which is very small. How could such an important feature be so poorly designed in this day and age. But the picture quality is what is the most important, and this plasma is wonderful. BTW, I've had no burn in problems.
Date published: 2011-02-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from run into a problem with the use of web camera Based on my detailed inquiry with customer support (case #27572687) I learned that the use of SKYPE requires the specific model of Panasonic web camera, which by my view is overpriced at least 5-fold as compared to other manufaturers. Importantly, even this camera is not available, yet. Based on this initial experience I would be advising caution about this product, because more undisclosed surprises could be associated with the model
Date published: 2010-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Bang for the Buck Awesome picture quality in HD, Black levels are outstanding. Low light scenes in movies that get "pixilated" on my older LCD and rear projection TV are reproduced flawlessly on the Viera! Oh, BTW, I did the research and I knew the TV didn’t come with the wireless adapter, with all the other features and the quality of the TV being what it is, that is not much of a reason to be dissatisfied.
Date published: 2010-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from GREAT TV! Excellent picture quality, especially on HD content. Deep blacks, rich color. Lots of features and love the fact that I can connect a USB stick with pics and music and play them through the TV. VieraCast is a great feature but hoping they will launch more widgets in the near future.
Date published: 2010-04-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great picture! The wifi must be bought seperate fr I love everything about this product except the limited internet sites available. I will be completetly satisfied when I can access Netflix. Also the manual does not specify the part to receive wifi is only available from Panasonic.
Date published: 2010-03-22
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 3.75
Improvement of SD Memory Card compatibility
Adding support for Skype in Viera Cast
Improvement for Skype in Viera Cast
Adds support for Viera Cast (Twitter)
Adds support for VIERA cast (Netflix) in USA market.
Capable of playing back 3-D video content stored on a SD card using Panasonic's Camcorder. (VT Series)
Adds VIERA Connect™Market
Update Skype Module
- Release Date: 11-14-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.