42" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
42" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
42" Class Viera® G15 Series Plasma
- 1080p Full-HD Resolution
- Slim Style
- THX® Certified Display
- VIERA CAST™
- Model Type Plasma
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.480 x 0.480 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Studio Ref Mode No
- Pro Setting No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 490 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 173 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 27.8" x 40.6" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.1" x 40.6" x 3.9" (2.4" exclusive of protruding portion)
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 59.6 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 55.2 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 30.4" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 72.8 lbs. (33.0 kg)
TC-P42G15 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Plasma TV Panasonic My wife and I spent 3 years researching and looking at all the various flat panel tv's out there. Heard a lot of negative things about Plasma tv's yet now that we own one they are not true. The best picture we have ever seen by any other tv especially LCD or LED even though they have come a long way the picture quality does not compare. It is interesting to note that 90% of all tv salesmen or women own a plasma tv. Even though stats state that plasma tv's use more energy a lot of that is not true. Our hydro consumption has not changed and we did not sacrifice picture quality over unfounded truth that Plasma tv's use more energy. All we can say is don't sacrifice quality for money or unfounded facts on energy use.
Date published: 2011-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from awesome picture awesome tv my g15 is replacing a 50in projection tv, pixelation and blur were never a problem, the picture was Brite and color was exelent just to big for a repeat, i shopped around for awhile and chose the g15 on reputation and reviews, when i got it home i hooked it up i was blown away by the rich color, some displays make people glow not a fan of that, true color crisp picture nu blur deep blacks just plug it in done, the THX makes me confident that what im seing is a true picture, totaly satisfied panisonic plasma display owner.
Date published: 2010-03-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good!
Date published: 2010-02-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Incredible Picture I originally bought this flat panel based on Panasonic's reputation and the fact that plasma is superior for sporting events. But, when I got the system home and finally viewed it for the first time, I was blown away by the beautiful picture it displayed. I have seen demo's in stores, but was totally amazed at how good the image was displayed. This is the most incredible television I have ever seen and am very glad I made the purchase. I would surely recommend it to anyone who has an eye for picture quality. Panasonic does it again!
Date published: 2010-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great picture I've taken many trips to stores trying to find best tv to buy,bought a fancy LCD,returned it next morning,decided to go Plasma since my last one was a plasma and i was very happy with it,this time i made the right choice,this 42G15 is amazing,and i don't have HD chanels yet,didn't matter picture is still great.
Date published: 2009-11-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from For sheer viewing pleasure it would be difficult to find fault with this unit. The picture ( notice the word is picture,not pitcher) is crisp and totally lifelike. What I know about plasma and the technical aspects thereof you could fit in a thimble,but I gotta say,I am completely satisfied with our purshase. One thing I was pleased with besides the picture quality was how lightweight it was ,as well as easy to assemble and hook up. I recommend purchasing the Panasonic Blu-ray to go with it. It is super sleek and the quality matches your plasma for clarity and sound. You can find cheaper units everywhere you look, just don't let it be in your living room!
Date published: 2009-06-24
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.