42" Class Viera G10 Series Plasma HDTV (41.6" Diagonal)
- 1080p HDTV
- Viera Cast™
- THX® Certified Display
- Viera Image Viewer™
- Model Type Plasma
- Series G10
- Model Year 2009
- VIDEO .
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.480 x 0.480 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- AUDIO .
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS .
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Analog Audio Output 1
- Digital Audio Output 1
- LAN Port 1
- CONVENIENCE .
VIERA Link™ Y (with Network Camera)
VIERA Cast™ (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- GENERAL .
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 490 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 173 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 27.8" x 40.6" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.1" x 40.6" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 59.6 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 55.2 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 30.4" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 72.8 lbs. (33.0 kg)
- UPC 037988242474
TC-P42G10 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Product Still going strong after 5 years of use. I wish the smart TV features were better supported but that isn't a big issue. This plasma TV rocks.
Date published: 2015-03-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from black level issues after approximately 6 month the black level performance deteriorated very significantly. Contrast is much lower than what it used to be when the TV was new. Colors look washed out. This appears to be a known issue with this (and others from 2009 lineup) set.
Date published: 2010-09-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from The Clearest TV Ever! The picture is SO extremely clear, vivid and can handle it all. Movies are crystal clear, sports are vivid, standard def looks great too, including SD DVD's that are upscaled! Highly recommend this TV!!! Our guests can't get over how insaine the image is...it really is unbelievable!!
Date published: 2009-12-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazing picture! Good 1080p plasma HDTV. Picture is beautiful - clear, nice colors & blacks. TV & remote design looks nice, easy to use. Better side viewing than with LCD. Enjoyed watching TV after minimal picture adjustments. THX mode is dim, seen better in the dark, picture looks somewhat green. 24p mode creates flickering. Front glass panel seems to create a reflected image behind it (maybe like a shadow effect). It's noticeable from wider viewing angles, more noticeable with bright images on a dark background. It makes the images blur/glow on the edges, looks like picture can focus in and out at times. It's not much of an issue if you sit in front but I view from the sides so it's an issue for me. Hopefully Panasonic can resolve it in the future.
Date published: 2009-07-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Wow what a deal Best bang for the buck. Won't regret this purchase
Date published: 2009-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from THX Certified Plasma The THX mode on this TV makes it ideal for movie watching. While it doesn't equal a professional THX or ISF calibration, it does mean you can start watching movies out of the box without having to tweak a lot of settings. Just put it into THX mode and go. Ideal for Movie Buffs with a dark viewing area.
Date published: 2009-04-03
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.30
Fixes Glitch in Amazon Video On Demand Streaming
Solves incompatibility problem between the TV and Onkyo-Amp
Includes THX Picture Mode Enhancement
- Release Date: 12-12-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 18.104.22.168.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.