42" Class Viera C1 Series Plasma HDTV
42" Class Viera C1 Series Plasma (41.6" Diagonal)
- 720p HDTV
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive: Creates crisp, focused images.
- Viera Image Viewer™: Makes photo sharing easy.
- Viera Link™: Control compatible devices with a single remote.
- Model Type Plasma
- Series C1
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 786,432 (1,024 x 768)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.900 x 0.675 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 4,096 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 2
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- Digital Audio Output 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 283 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 155 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- VESA Compatible No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 28.0" x 40.6" x 12.9"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.1" x 40.6" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 61.8 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 57.4 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 30.4" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- UPC 037988242320
TC-P42C1 is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from EXCELLENT We have owned this TV for six years and have not had not the littlest problem or complaint with it. It has never failed to function to the to of our expectations.
Date published: 2015-03-26
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.26
TV does not respond to the remote or front panel buttons when the TV is tuned to a specific Over-the-Air (OTA) or direct cable channel.
TV freezes or locks up using ANTENNA or CABLE during an automatic channel scan.
Improves the "Auto Power Off" "Off Timer" function according to Energy Star V2.0.
TV audio drops out intermittently when an AV device (cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-Ray Player, etc.) is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
The picture appears to be dark or dim.
The brightness decreases automatically while watching the television.
- Release Date: 3-25-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.