Panasonic 65" Class 4K Ultra HD TV (4K 60p Input)
- 4K 60p Input
- HDMI (4K 60p Input)
- DisplayPort™ (4K 60p Input)
- 4K Media Player
- 4K Fine Remaster Engine
- 4K Web Browser
- 4K Online Playback
- Panel 4K ULTRA HD LED LCD
- Panel Drive 2400 BLS (With Local Dimming Pro)
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Home Theater/Cinema/THX 4K (Cinema/Bright Room)/Custom/Professional1/Professional2 (isfccc)
- Viewing Angle 176 degree
- Filter Clear Panel Pro
- 4K Fine Remaster Engine Y
- 4K Intelligent Frame Creation Y (120fps)
- Dot Noise Reduction Y (Pro)
- 4K THX Certified Display Y
- isf Mode Y
- 1080 Pure Direct Y
- 3D Type Y (Active)
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother Y
- 2D-3D Conversion Y
- Dedicated 3D Eyewear 2 included
- Speakers Front Speakers x 2, Woofer (75 mm) x 1
- Speaker Output 18 W (4 + 4 + 10)
- Surround Mode VR-Audio Pro Surround 2.1
- my Home Screen Y
- Camera Integrated Y
- Voice Interaction Y
- Voice Guidance Y
- Hexa-Processing Engine Y
- Touch Pad Controller Y
- eHelp Y
- Product Support Center Y
- 4K Online Playback Y
- 4K SD Photo Viewer Y
- 4K Web Browser Y
- 4K Swipe & Share Y
- Panasonic TV Remote 2 (App) Y
- Apps(for SmartVIERA) Y
- Display Mirroring Y
- Media Player
- Media Player (Picture/Movie/Music) Y
- Support Format AVCHD3D/Progressive, SD-VIDEO/MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/FLAC/AppleLossless/WAV, JPEG/MPO
- DLNA Y
- Bluetooth Compatible* Y (Keyboards/audio devices)
- Eco Navigation Y
- C.A.T.S. Y
- Energy Star —
- Design Concept Super Narrow Bezel
- HDMI (4K 60/50p Input) 1 (lower)
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2/4 selectable)
- DisplayPort (4K 60/50p Input) 1 (lower)
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (lower)
- USB 3 (USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 2)
- SD Card Y (SDXC)
- Ethernet 1 (lower)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (side)
- Headphone Jack —
- Service Port —
Power SupplyAC 110 - 127 V, 60Hz
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 64.5
- On mode Average Power Consumption 153.6 W
- Rated Power Consumption 282 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
Display Resolution3,840 (W) x 2,160 (H)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 57.8" x 34.0" x 2.2"
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 57.8" x 37.8" x 16.8"
- Weight (w/o stand) 83.8 lbs.
- Weight (with stand) 94.8 lbs.
- Swivel Angle —
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 95°F (0°C - 35°C)
- Safety Standard US:UL60065/FCC Parts15,CANADA, CSA C22,2/IC BETS-7
- VESA Compatible Y
- Carton Dimensions (W x H x D) 72.8" x 37.9" x 9.4"
- Gross Weight (with stand) 116.9 lbs.
- Warranty Y (1 year)
- NOTE * HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available. / A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant audio devices are available.
Is there firmware available that will add the Web Browser to my TV?
Is my TV Bluetooth capable?
Is it safe to turn on my TV as soon as I take it out of the box?
The only reason you would need to wait before turing on your TV is if the TV was stored somewhere with a temperature below freezing as turning on the TV before the screen thaws out could cause it to crack.
Is it possible to upgrade my TV with the firmware of another TV model?
How long is the warranty of my TV?
The parts and labor of your TV are covered for 1 year form the date of purchase.
How do I use the mirroring app of my TV?
Follow the steps below:
- Connect both your TV and the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device to the same wireless network.
- Turn on the TV and press the [APPS] button on the TV remote.
- Select the application labeled "Mirroring" using the navigational buttons and press the [OK] button on the TV remote to select it.
- Enter the settings menu of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device and tap on the "Screen Mirroring" setting.
- Tap on the VIERA model number that is displayed on the screen of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device.
- Press the [OK] button on the TV remote to select "Yes".
- After a short connection period (less than 10 seconds) of time, the screen of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device will appear on the screen. Tap the "End Connection" button on the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device to stop mirroring the device.
How do I turn on my TV with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App can only control the TV once it is turned on and connected to the same network as the IOS or Android device that has the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App installed.
How do I turn off the closed captions on my TV?
You will need to press the [CC] button on the remote until it says "OFF". If closed captions still comes up, you will need to disable closed captions in your source device.
How do I make changes in my VUDU account?
To make changes in your Vudu account please go to http://www.vudu.com.
This applies to all Panasonic TVs and Blu-ray Players made from 2011 to the current year.
How do I get warranty coverage with my model?
A manufacturer warranty is not transferrable. It only applies to the original owner and if you have proof(from a receipt) that you are the original owner, then you have a warranty until the first year of purchase.
How do I get my television to fit on the whole screen, when parts of it are cut off?
To adjust the screen size and zoom: Go to Menu, select Picture, then select Aspect adjustments and select H size or HD size. Choose either "Size 1" or "Size 2" depending on which HDMI port you are connected to.
How do I get my television out of "Store Demo Mode"?
For 2012 TV's and older, go to "Menu" -> "Setup" -> and then "First Time Setup", then you have the option between "Home Mode" and "Store Demo Mode", choose "Home Mode" and the problem should be corrected.
How do I get Closed Captioning (CC) on Netflix?
When you are watching Netflix, first select "Audio and Subtitles" on the Netflix title about to be watched. The feature can be located below "Play" on the Netflix screen. After you have done this and CC is not showing then on Panasonic's remote control press the "CC" button for a few seconds until you see the closed captioning.
How do I extend the desktop of my computer to my TV?
You will need to contact your computer or operating system manufacturer to confirm the process required on your computer to extend the desktop.
How do I enter a plus sign when entering my network password into my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV does not have a character for a plus sign. You will need to change your network password in your router to a password that does not include a plus sign.
How do I disable firmware update messages?
It is recommended that you update your TV's firmware whenever you are prompted about an update as new update may fix issues or add new features to your applications as well as add new applications.
How do I delete an incorrect character when entering my network password into my TV?
You can press the Red button on the remote to delete a letter or number.
How do I connect my TV to a proxy?
We recommend you do not connect your TV to a proxy server, as some or all of your applications might not work.
How do I adjust the brightness of my TV?
Press the [MENU] button on the TV remote then use the [UP] or [DOWN] navigational buttons to select Picture. Once Picture is highlighted, press the [OK] button on the TV remote to enter the Picture menu. Use the [UP] or [Down] navigational buttons to select Brightness and then use the [LEFT] and [RIGHT] navigational button on the TV remote to change the brightness setting.
How can I remove the black box that is appearing over most of my TV picture?
Enter the TV's Setup menu and change the "Closed Caption" setting to OFF.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I make my wireless signal stronger?
You may need to purchase a signal booster or wireless repeater if your TV is too far away from your router.
How can I check the time the TV is set to?
You can check the time by pressing the [Info] or [Recall] button on the TV remote.
How can I check the time remaining on the sleep timer of my TV?
You can check the remaining time by pressing the [Info] or [Recall]/ button on the TV remote.
How can I be sure the optical port on my TV is working?
You can connect an optical cable to the Digital Audio Out port of the TV. If the other end of the optical cable lights up red, both your optical cable and the optical port of the TV are working properly.
How can I attach an antenna and basic cable to my TV and scan for channels for both?
Your TV only has one coaxial input so you can only use one of these options at a time. You will need to rescan if you switch from Antenna to Cable and vice versa.
How am I able to download the Viera Remote 2 App on my Kindle Fire?
Unfortunately, you are unable to download the Viera Remote 2 App, because Amazon's licensing agreements has limitations in downloading Apps.
Does this TV support streaming of 4K content through the Netflix Application?
Does my TV support the Info Bar feature?
Does my TV support Remote Sharing?
Does my TV support my Home Cloud?
Does my TV support 4K content?
Does my TV have any kind of filter to reduce reflections or glare on the screen?
All Panasonic plasma TVs have an anti reflective filter (ar filter) which helps to reduce reflections and glare.
Does my TV have a web browser?
Yes, it is located in Viera Connect.
Can I use an optional skype camera instead of the built in camera of my TV?
Can I program my Panasonic Remote so it only controls one of my Panasonic TVs?
All Panasonic TV remotes use the same Infrared (IR) code which can't be changed. We recommend you place any other Panasonic TVs far enough away from each other so they can be controlled independently.
Can I connect an additonal infrared sensor to pick up my remote control?
Your TV does not have an input to accommodate for an infrared sensor
Can I change the order that my files are displayed on the TV from my DLNA server?
Can I buy an extended service contract directly from Panasonic?
Extended warranties can be obtained by calling 1-866-237-2593.
Can I add internet applications to my TV?
You can add any of the internet applications found in the Viera Connect Market at the top of your Viera Connect home page.
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to test the speed of my home network and internet connection?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to setup my 2013 TV as a Wireless Access Point?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to setup Facebook in the Social Networking TV application of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to set a channel as a Favorite in my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to reset my 2013 TV back to factory default settings?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Netflix with my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register my 2013 TV to a Bluetooth device?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Facebook with my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels into my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to perform a Network Connection Test on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to manually change the Network Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to install a VIERA Connect application onto my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to insert a Note on the Home Screen of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to find the MAC address of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Eco Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Contrast Automatic Tracking System (C.A.T.S.) feature of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to correct top and bottom 3D video on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to correct side by side 3D video on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my TV to a home theater system or sound bar?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wireless network?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wired network?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to check the signal strength of a channel on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the Picture Mode of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the location I get the weather for in the AccuWeather application?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to access DLNA content?
- Where can I find a tutorial for how to connect a PC to my TV?
Where can I access VIERA Link on my 2013 VIERA TV?
Press the [Apps] button on the TV remote and then select Viera Link.
When I connect my iPod/iPhone, I get audio; but no menus, video or photos from my iPod/iPhone appear on the TV. Why not?
To view the menus. photos, and video from your iPod/iPhone, a composite video cable(red/white/yellow) has to connected from the player to the TV. The menus, photos, and video will display on the corresponding video input on the TV.
When do you use the ferrite cores?
It is recommended that you connect the ferrite core on your HDMI cables to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits.
What temperature range is recommended for safe storage of my TV?
The safe storage temperature range for a TV is between -4 °F and 140 °F.
What should I do if the audio is out of sync with the video displaying on my TV screen?
- Press the [SAP] button on the TV remote until STEREO is selected.
- If your TV is connected to an external audio device such as a sound bar or home theater system, turn on the LIP SYNC feature in the audio device, if it is available, and turn the TV speakers to OFF in the audio menu of the TV.
- If you still have the issue, try powering off the TV for 30 seconds before turning it back on.
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED Is not flashing?
Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
- If the outlet is working and the TV will not turn on after pressing the [POWER] button on the TV, call 1-877-95-VIERA (U.S.A.).
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
What should I do if I get a picture but no audio from an external device connected to my TV?
- Press the [MUTE] button until OFF is selected.
- Press the [VOL+] button to turn the volume up to a reasonable volume for the TV to be heard at.
- Make sure the TV Speakers are set to ON in the Advanced Audio sub menu of the Audio or Sound menu of the TV.
- Press the [SAP] button on the TV remote until STEREO is selected.
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.If the audio returns with the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 400 mm \/ Bolt size: M6 \/ Length: Varies with mount
What is the "TV Self Test"?
The TV has a built-in self diagnostic feature to confirm that it is operating properly. To access, press [MENU] and select "TV self test" from the Help menu. Following the test, the TV should display a high definition sample picture and play a melody.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Should there be a black border on the screen between the picture and the bezel?
Yes, this border is part of the cosmetic design of our TVs.
Will Viera Remote work with Windows based devices?
Will the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) work with my TV?
Will the DY-WL5 wireless adapter work with my TV?
Will my TV support an Apple router?
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Why isn't Netflix available in the VIERA Connect Market?
This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the unit. Try entering 184.108.40.206 as your DNS server address and 220.127.116.11 for the secondary DNS address if that option is available for your unit.
Why is there an echo when I use my TV speakers and a sound bar or home theater system?
The lag you are experiencing is caused by the split second it takes a sound bar or home theater to process the audio signal before it outputs the signal to the speakers. If the TV had an audio lag issue, the TV speakers would also not sync up with the video you are watching. It is recommended that you turn the volume of your TV speakers to zero if you are using external audio devices such as sound bars or home theater systems.
Why is the sound unusual, distorted, low volume or in another language?
Check that the correct SAP (Secondary Audio Program) is selected by pressing the [SAP] button on the TV's remote control. Check that all connections of external equipment connected to the TV are correct and secure.  Make sure your firmware is up to date. Try another source device to verify if the issue is with only one source device or all source devices.
Note: HDMI connection includes audio and video. For other connection, ensure that the external device's Left (white) and Right (red) outputs are connected to the TV's Audio-in (L, R) terminals. When using a Cable or Satellite box, check the device's audio settings. (example: try changing the box's Audio Range to 'narrow').
Why is Pandora not showing up in my list of Viera Connect applications?
If you have already added the application to your list, you may need to check the second page of applications for Pandora.
Why does the TV not find any channels when I scan for them?
You will need to make sure that the ANT IN setting in the ANTENNA/Cable sub menu of the Setup menu is set to Antenna.
Why do I have a stationary line on my screen?
If you have a 2013 or later TV, run the "Self Test" program. You are able to do this by selecting Menu, next select help, then select TV self test.This will take you to the TV self test. After running the TV Self Test and the image and sound are normal, the TV is working properly. If the image and sound are not working normally then the TV might need to be serviced. If you have a 2012 model, first disconnect the devices and use the menu to see if there is a tint. If the model has a Web Browser present then check to see if this model also has this tint. Yet, if the tint is only present by connecting the AV or coaxial input then try checking the device or changing the cable(s).
Why did my TV display "No Acitivity for 4 hours" and then turn off by itself?
The TV's default settings will turn the TV off if no button on the remote has been pressed within 4 hours of start up. This feature can be turned off by going to the "Eco" submenu of the Setup menu and changing the "No Activity for 4 hours" setting to "Stay On".
Why are there black bars on my screen when I use my SC-BTT190/195/196/490?
BLACK BARS ON TOP / BOTTOM:
Most movies are filmed in a format wider than your TV's 16:9 aspect ratio. Some discs adjust the picture to eliminate the borders while other discs keep the film's original format.
When the disc's content is in wide-screen format, then black bars are displayed at the top and bottom of the picture.
Changing the TV's FORMAT (or aspect) setting to a ZOOM mode may eliminate the bars. However, the zooming effect trims the sides of the pictures, so some content is cut off.
BLACK BARS ON LEFT / RIGHT:
Older content is filmed in 4:3 (old TV) format. When playing 4:3 content on your HD TV set, black bars are displayed on each side of the screen.
To eliminate the side bars, change your TV's FORMAT (aspect) settings. For example, Panasonic TV's have a format mode called "JUST" which is specially designed to stretch a 4:3 image to fill the screen.
Why are some of the options in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App grayed out?
Options that are greyed out in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App are not available on the TV the app is connected to.
Why am I getting a "flickering" or brightness fluctuation when watching sports?
Your television has a built in feature called the Contrast Automatic Tracking System(C.A.T.S.). C.A.T.S. automatically adjusts the brightness and gradation according to the rooms lighting. In order to correct the fluctuations, try turning off C.A.T.S. and if possible change your picture mode to "Custom" to see if that corrects the issue.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on Network Connections?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to update the firmware of my 2013 TV via the internet?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn on the Sleep Timer of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn off the Eco Message of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn 2D video into forced 3D video on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to test the Video and Audio of my 2013 TV using the TV Self Test?