VIERA® 42" Class U30 Series
LCD HDTV (42.0" Diag.)
LCD HDTV (42.0" Diag.)
- IPS Panel
- 120Hz Motion Picture Pro 4
- VIERA Image Viewer
- Fine Black Panel
- Model Type LCD
- Series U30
- Model Year 2011
- Screen Size 42" Class (42.0" diagonal)
- Viewing Angle 178°
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 480i/p: Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom1080i/p: Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Panel IPS LCD 1080p (WSXGA)
- Filter Fine Black Panel
- Progressive Scan Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackYes
- Super Resolution Yes
- Intelligent Scene Controller Yes
- Motion Focus Technology Yes
- 24p Smooth Film Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1 (common with Component)
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1 (common with Component)
- PC Input D-sub 15-pin x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1 (common with Composite)
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1 (common with Composite)
- Digital Audio Output 1 (5.1 ch)
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 110 - 127 V, 60 Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 80 W
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- VESA Compatible Yes
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK3L2RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 26.3" X 40.2" X 11.4"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 24.9" X 40.2" X 4.3"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 41.9 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 37.5 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 29.4" X 50.6" X 8.8"
- Panel Drive 120 Hz
- UPC 885170042612
TC-L42U30 is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! BOUGHT THIS TV ON 9-1-12, TODAY I AM SITTING HERE WITH A BLACK SCREEN. NOT REAL IMPRESSED!!!!! I BOUGHT A SERVICE CONTRACT WHEN I PURCHASED THIS AT SEARS - THEY ARE GOING TO SERVICE THIS ITEM, THANK GOODNESS. SORRY PANASONIC NO MORE PANASONIC ITEMS FOR ME. ALSO WHERE IS THE CLOSED CAPTION OPTION?
Date published: 2012-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from GREAT TV I PURCHASED THIS TV ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND SO FAR I AM VERY PLEASED WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TV INCLUDING THE PRICE...IT IS PANASONIC AT IT'S BEST! IF YOU WANT A LOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK JUST GO BUY ONE...YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN...
Date published: 2012-05-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great LCD TV. After shopping around for a month, both online and in-store, I decided to go with this TV over the other brands. Delivery of the TV couldn't have been more easier, with a courtesy call to arrange the appointment for delivery. Easy set up with no problems. I didn't like the factory picture settings so I customized it to my liking. Needless to say, HD picture quality is superb. I love the shiny black bezel as well. Overall, not a bad TV for the price. If you're thinking about purchasing one, I'd say go for it. You won't be dissappointed.
Date published: 2011-10-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great TV The picture quality is outstanding, and the sound is quite good for built in speakers. I am very happy with this purchase.
Date published: 2011-03-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from best tv for the money i bought this tv 4 days ago and am astonished at how good it is. it has features i did not know about, a very good picture, good sound and overall is the best tv i have ever had, and i have had almost all the brands in my time, i just hope it lasts more than 6 years like my last SVA plasma tv keep making good products like this.
Date published: 2011-03-10
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.