42" Class Viera U12 Series LCD
VIERA Image Viewer™
Contrast Radio: 15,000:1 Dynamic
- Model Type LCD
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
- Response Time 8 msec
- Viewing Angle 178°
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
480i/p: Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom
1080i/p: Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Panel IPS 1080p (WSXGA)
- Filter Fine Black Panel
- Progressive Scan Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Intelligent Scene Controller Yes
- Motion Focus Technology Yes
- Contrast (Dynamic) 15,000:1
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W (10% THD)
(8 ohms, 80 Hz - 17 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1 (side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 1
- Digital Audio Output 1 (5.1 ch)
- Headphone Jack 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer Yes (5 programs)
- Power Supply AC 110 - 127 V, 60 Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 217 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 146 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- VESA Compatible Yes
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK32LR2W
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 28.0" x 40.5" x 11.7"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.3" x 40.5" x 4.4"
- Carton Dimensions 30.6" x 51.5" x 10.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 64.0 lbs. (29.0 kg)
- Mass Weight [lbs (kg)] 54.1 lbs. (24.5 kg)
- Weight 79.4 lbs
- UPC 037988108657
TC-L42U12 is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazing! This TV is amazing. The picture is absolutely stunning. The colors are very accurate, and everything is bright, crisp and clear. It was amazingly easy to set up...pull out of box, screw on stand, turn on, drool over picture for hours and hours on end. I did quite a bit of research before I bought this tv, and it was definitely the best deal I came across. I know and trust Panasonic, and I know I'll be enjoying this TV for years to come! If you are considering this tv, and are on the fence, jump! You won't regret it.
Date published: 2009-11-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Panasonic Has Outdone Themselves I have own Panasonic TV's for a long years. I patiently waiting for Panasonic to come out with a big screen 42' LCD. I did not want Plasma because I play video games and wanted an LCD. The Picture is beautiful. The glossy black bezel is luxurious and the overall quality is excellent. Highly recommended
Date published: 2009-10-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Set - Low Price This TV has great clarity and picture for the price, I compared dozens before buying this one. Also purchased the SC-PT670 theater system to boost audio quality, an easy plug in with an optical digital cable for super sound. The TV audio is okay, but much better now linked to the awesome theater system. Please be aware that this TV doesn't have RCA type outputs for audio, you must connect with the special optical digital cable.
Date published: 2009-09-20
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.