42" Class Viera U12 Series LCD
VIERA Image Viewer™
Contrast Radio: 15,000:1 Dynamic
- Model Type LCD
- Screen Size 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
- Response Time 8 msec
- Viewing Angle 178°
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
480i/p: Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom
1080i/p: Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Panel IPS 1080p (WSXGA)
- Filter Fine Black Panel
- Progressive Scan Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Intelligent Scene Controller Yes
- Motion Focus Technology Yes
- Contrast (Dynamic) 15,000:1
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W (10% THD)
(8 ohms, 80 Hz - 17 kHz)
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1 (side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 1
- Digital Audio Output 1 (5.1 ch)
- Headphone Jack 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer Yes (5 programs)
- Power Supply AC 110 - 127 V, 60 Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 217 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 146 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- VESA Compatible Yes
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK32LR2W
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 28.0" x 40.5" x 11.7"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 26.3" x 40.5" x 4.4"
- Carton Dimensions 30.6" x 51.5" x 10.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 64.0 lbs. (29.0 kg)
- Mass Weight [lbs (kg)] 54.1 lbs. (24.5 kg)
- Weight 79.4 lbs
- UPC 037988108657
- Remote Controls
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.