VIERA® 65" Class 65PST34 Plasma HDTV (64.7" Diag.)
This item is currently not available.
- Full HD 3D
- Infinite Black 2 Panel
- VIERA® Connect WiFi Ready
- VIERA® Image Viewer with 3D Playback (Movie & Photo Capable)
Step into the 3D World. The VIERA PST34 Series Full HD 3D Plasmas create an all new viewing experience by putting you inside the action and creating a new world of TV viewing realism. To learn more about Panasonic's Full HD 3D technology, visit www.panasonic.com/3D
Fast Switching Phosphor
The use of fast switching phosphors has significantly reduced afterglow duration and reproduced clear 3D and 2D images. Fast switching phosphors are used in all full HD models.
Improved Pre-discharge & Filter
Minimizing pre-discharge has made it possible to produce crisp blacks with minimal graying. And improving the filter shape has suppressed glare and reduced internal reflections in the front glass panel. The contrast in bright ambient light has been raised to enable rich, more robust blacks.
Improvement in Luminous Efficiency Achieves Low Power Consumption
Everything — from the materials and panel structure to the drive method — has been re-engineered. These improvements are a result of the new phosphor and new electrode (fish bone) structure.
FULL HD 3D Infuses Reality into Every Image
Frame Sequential Technology
Panasonic uses Full-HD Frame Sequential technology to create its 3D images. Images recorded in 1920 x 1080 pixels for both the right-eye and the left-eye alternately flash on the screen at the ultra-high rate of 120 frames per second. When you view the screen through active-shutter glasses that open and close each lens in sync with the alternating images, you see breathtaking FULL HD 3D pictures with stunning power and realism.
Smooth Film Images
24p Cinema Smoother
Enjoy naturally flowing 24p films with familiar TV-like quality. In plasma displays, increasing the number of frames creates smoother images. When reproducing images from a 24p film source, VIERA HDTVs 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural-looking images.
*Only the VT, GT and ST Series
Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D
Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The technology generates a detailed depth effect for each type of image, so the 3D effect is natural and realistic. Use VIERA HDTV to enjoy Blu-ray movies, DVD movies and even ordinary TV broadcasts in 3D. The Super Resolution function allows images that were converted from 2D to 3D to be displayed in sharp, clear 3D while minimizing double image. 3D images with crisp contours are also produced from 3D broadcasts using the side-by-side method.
*When a 2D source is converted to 3D, the 3D effect is slightly less pronounced than with 3D sources.
Crisp, Clear Moving Pictures
600Hz Sub-field Drive
Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology. This technology converts the motion in each scene into data, and each frame is virtually displayed in a shorter length of time than in previous 600Hz systems, to create crisp images.
*When using Cinema mode.
Even Faster Images Are More Precise
Full-HD Resolution Speed of 1,200 pps
Full-HD Resolution Speed, the new standard for moving picture measurement announced by the Advanced PDP Development Center Corporation (APDC), indicates the maximum moving picture speed that can be enjoyed with full-HD resolution. VIERA HDTV's achieved 1,200 pps (pixels per second) under this new standard. Even images that scroll left or right at the extremely high speed of 1,200 pps are able to be correctly displayed at the maximum resolution of 1,080 lines.
Deep Blacks in Bright Rooms
Infinite Black 2
In the new VIERA HDTVs models, contrast in brightly lit locations has been improved. Enhancements to the panel and cells help reproduce images with smooth, natural gradation and deep, rich blacks even when viewed in bright surroundings. In movies, the true, deep blacks faithfully convey the intent of the filmmakers, adding power and realism to the viewing experience.
VIERA Connects You to a New World
The exciting world of cloud based Internet service (Internet Protocol Television, or IPTV), is available for the entire family to enjoy. Now you can use an intuitive remote control while relaxing in your living room having a variety of internet content at your fingertips.
Home Network Convenience
DLNA / Wi-Fi Ready
Connect a DLNA-compatible VIERA HDTV and DLNA-compatible AV equipment to your home network, and you can watch movies, listen to music, and view photos from any room in the house. VIERA HDTV's Wi-Fi capability gives you even more layout flexibility.
*Except for the U and C Series
Memories Are Even More Powerful in 3D
3D Image Viewer
It's easy to view 3D photos and movies you shot yourself on the big VIERA HDTV screen. After shooting with your 3D-compatible camera or camcorder, simply insert the SD card into the slot on a 3D-compatible VIERA HDTV. The viewing is incredible, with images so realistic it feels as though you're right back in the moment. You'll find that lifes special moments are even more memorable when you preserve them in 3D.
Get Your Game Face On
Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. VIERA HDTV's automatically choose settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response with virtually no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see.
One Remote Controls Them All
VIERA Link interlinks the operation of a variety of compatible AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the VIERA HDTV remote control. Setup is easy, simply connect the compatible devices to each other via HDMI cables.
Years of Beautiful Images
Long Panel Life, Up to 100,000 Hours
One important way consumers can protect the environment is by choosing high-quality products and taking care of them so they last for a long time. A high-quality VIERA HDTV can help. Thanks to a newly designed phosphor process and new panel technology, our plasma panels last for up to 100,000 hours before the brightness decreases by half. That's more than 30 years of viewing 8 hours a day.
Mercury and Lead Free Plasma Display Panel
Panasonic is committed to making our products more friendly to the environment. In line with this commitment, all VIERA plasma display panels are free of both lead and mercury. This reduces impact on the environment years down the road when the TV is recycled or retired from use.
Easy Access to Helpful Functions
The VIERA Tools user interface makes it easy to access and understand key functions. Simply press a function button, and an explanation appears on the screen. Keep the button pressed to activate the function immediately.
*The VIERA Tools screen design is subject to change without notice.
**The screen display varies depending on the model.
- Series ST30
- Model Year 2011
- Screen Size 65" Class (64.7" diagonal)
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
- Aspect Control 4:3, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Louver Filter Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color Yes
- Super Resolution Yes
- Pro Setting Yes
- 3D Color Management Yes
- Sub Pixel Control Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 3D Panel Yes
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother Yes
- 2D-3D Conversion Yes
- 3D Image Viewer Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W
- Surround Sound Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG/MP3 playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Video) RCA x 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) RCA x 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) RCA x 1
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (with special adapter cable (dedicated))
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI) Yes
- USB 2
- LAN Port 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA Connect (IPTV) Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear Not Included
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Off - Timers Yes
- Timers Yes
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- DLNA Yes
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065 (7th edition)/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK6P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 39.1" x 61.7" x 15.8"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 37.6" x 61.7" x Speaker depth: 2.8"; Panel depth: 2.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 112.5 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 97.1lbs
- Carton Dimensions 46.9"x 67.7"x 14.9"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 141.1lbs
- UPC 885170042520
- Television - Connecting Various External Audio Video Devices
- Locating Network Gateway
- Television - Program Channels
- Television - Finding Mac Address for TV
- Video - Connecting to an Analog Device
- Video - Connecting TV to Home Theater
- Connecting Television to Computer
- Plasma Quick Setup Guide
- Television - Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Connecting to a Wireless Network on Tv
- How to Connect Devices