Panasonic 60” Class (59.5" Diag.) 4K Ultra HD Smart TV 240hz-CX650 Series TC-60CX650U
- Adaptive Backlight Dimming ensuring the best blacks
- Super Bright Panel for brightness
- XUMO Discovery which recommends content for you
- Firefox© OS to ensure ease for you to access smart apps and content
- Netflix© Recommended TV
- 240 Image Motion Refresh Rate
- Panel Resolution 4K ULTRA HD LED LCD TV
- Bright Panel Super Bright Panel
- Screen Resolution 3,840 (W) x 2,160 (H)
- Aspect Ratio 16:9
- Panel Drive Image Motion 240 Hz
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Home Theater/Cinema/Custom
- 4K Fine Remaster Engine Y
- Dynamic Range Remaster —
- BDA HDR —
- Viewing Angle 178 degree
- Color Space DCI 90%
- Studio Master Drive —
- Black Gradation Drive —
- Local Dimming ―
- Adaptive Backlight Dimming Y
- THX Certified Display —
- 4K Pure Direct Y
- isf Mode —
- 3D —
- Sound Quality
- Surround Mode VR-Audio True Surround
- Speakers Full Range x 2
- Speaker Output 20 W (10 W x 2)
- Sound Mode Standard/Music/Ambience/User
- my Home Screen Y (2.0)
- XUMO Discovery (US only) Y
- Info Frame (Canada only) Y
- my Stream Y
- Voice Assistant Y
- Direct Talk —
- Voice Guidance Y
- Camera Integrated —
- On Screen Display Menu Languages English / French / Spanish / Chinese
- Unique Processing Engine Quad Core Pro
- Wireless LAN Built-in Y
- Panasonic TV Remote Apps Y
- Swipe & Share Y
- Smart Calibration —
- Internet Apps Y
- Web Browser*1 Y
- Easy Mirroring Y
- DLNA Y
- Bluetooth*2 —
- Media Player Y
- Support Format AVCHD Progressive, SD-VIDEO/HEVC/MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/FLAC/Apple Lossless/WAV, JPEG
- VIERA Link Y
- Control4 Ready —
- Energy Star —
- Visible Screen Size (diagonal) (inches) 59.5
- On mode Average Power Consumption
- Standby Power Consumption
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Digital Tuner Reception ATSC/QAM
- Analog Tuner NTSC
- HDMI 1 (side), 2 (bottom)
- HDMI (4K 60 Input with HDCP2.2) Y (3)
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- USB 3 (USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 2)
- Ethernet 1 (bottom)
- SD Card —
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (bottom)
- Included Accessory*3 TV Remote
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 1,353 x 783 x 55 mm, 53.3 x 30.8 x 2.2 inch
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 1,353 x 821 x 344 mm, 53.3 x 32.3 x 13.6 inch
- Weight (w/o stand)
- Weight (with stand)
- VESA Compatible Y
- Outer Boxed Unit (W x H x D)
- Total Boxed Weight
- *1 The Web Browser cannot display some web pages correctly. And viewable contents by VIERA Web Browser are subject to the following conditions;
- - viewable contents may vary depend on models,
- - viewable contents may differ from those for PC,
- - viewable contents may be limited.
- *2 HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available.
- *3 Not all the accessories are listed here.
- UPC 885170232327
- Remote Controls
How To Guided Tutorials
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, please consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I can access all of the TV apps except Netflix?1. Change the DNS setting of your TV to 220.127.116.11.
2. If you are able to access the Netflix splash screen, use the TV remote to deactivate your account by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. After this process, try loggin back into the Netflix TV app.
If the procedure is successful a screen will come up with the option to deactivate your device from your account. If not try the process again. Once you have successfully deactivated your device, you will need to activate it by opening Netflix and at the main screen selecting Member Sign In, then following the on screen prompts until activation is complete.
If the Netflix app still fails to open, but all of the other TV apps work, visit help.netflix.com for more support.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.