SMART VIERA® 50" Class S64 Series Full HD Plasma TV (49.9" Diag.)
- 1080p Full HD Resolution, Online Movies* & Built-in Wireless LAN
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Infinite Black
- Touch Pen (Optional Accessory)
Firmware & Drivers
- 2013 How to Manually Change your Network Settings
- 2013 How to Setup WIFI
- 2013 How to Program Your Channels
- 2013 How to Perform a Connection Test
- 2013 First Time Setup
- 2013 How to Register Netflix
- 2013 How to Perform a TV Self Test
- 2013 How to Update Firmware via the Internet
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Message
- 2013 How to Setup Wi-Fi Access Point
- 2013 How to Setup and Stream Via DLNA
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- 2013 How to Change the Home Screen Background
- 2013 How to Change the Format of Your Picture
- 2013 How to Change the Audio Output to PCM
- 2013 How to Turn On the Sleep Timer
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Settings
- 2013 How to Record a Video Message
- 2013 How to Insert a Note on the Home Screen
- 2013 How to Change the Menu Language
- 2013 How to Set a Channel as a Favorite
- 2013 How to Check the Signal Strength of a Channel
- 2013 How to Reset the TV to Factory Defaults
- 2013 How to Change the Picture Mode
- 2013 How to Change the Input of the TV
- 2013 How to Turn Off C.A.T.S.
- 2013 How to Access the E-Help Manual
- 2013 How to Connect to a Wired Network
- 2013 How to Find the MAC Address of the TV
- 2013 How to Perform a Screen Wipe
- How to Troubleshoot TV Network Issues
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Connecting an Analog Device to a Panasonic 2013 VIERA TV
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wired network?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to check the signal strength of a channel on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the Picture Mode of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to access DLNA content?
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) is not working?
Follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Ensure that the batteries in the Touch Pen are fully charged.
2. Attempt to register the touch pen. A tutorial on how to register your touch pen can be found by clicking here
3. If your Touch Pen will not register, send your Touch Pen prepaid to the address below along with a copy of your proof of purchase:
Panasonic Exchange Center
4900 George McVay Drive
McAllen, TX 78503
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What kind of battery does the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) use?
One AAA battery.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 300 mm \/ Bolt size: M8 \/ Length: Varies with mount
What is the "TV Self Test"?
The TV has a built-in self diagnostic feature to confirm that it is operating properly. To access, press [MENU] and select "TV self test" from the Help menu. Following the test, the TV should display a high definition sample picture and play a melody.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Is it necessary to do a connection test each time I turn the TV before I enjoy online movies?
Once you turn on your television, it may take up to 60 seconds for the TV to identify your network settings and connect back to your network. Please allow time for the television to make that connection.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How many Touch Pens (TY-TP10U) be used at one time?
How long is the warranty for the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U)?
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I get Closed Captioning (CC) on Netflix?
When you are watching Netflix, first select "Audio and Subtitles" on the Netflix title about to be watched. The feature can be located below "Play" on the Netflix screen. After you have done this and CC is not showing then on Panasonic's remote control press the "CC" button for a few seconds until you see the closed captioning.
How do I fix a distorted or black and white picture when using the Component/Composite Video input on my TV?
1) Press the Input button
2) Select the Component/Video Input
3) Press the Left or Right arrow button on the remote to select either Component or Video depending on the connection. The issue occurs when the Video or Component setting in the "Input Select" list does not match the connections in the back of the TV.
How do I enter a plus sign when entering my network password into my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV does not have a character for a plus sign. You will need to change your network password in your router to a password that does not include a plus sign.
How do I disable firmware update messages?
It is recommended that you update your TV's firmware whenever you are prompted about an update as new update may fix issues or add new features to your applications as well as add new applications.
How do I delete an incorrect character when entering my network password into my TV?
You can press the Red button on the remote to delete a letter or number.
How do I connect my TV to a proxy?
We recommend you do not connect your TV to a proxy server, as some or all of your applications might not work.
How do I connect my external speakers to the TV?
External speakers cannot be directly connected to the TV. The TV must be connected to an audio system. Use the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature with a compatible home theater or a sound bar. For a stereo system or receiver without ARC, use an optical cable. If your audio system does not have an optical input, then use an Optical to Stereo converter or connect your external device (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the audio system.
How do I connect headphones or a Stereo Receiver to this TV?
Option 1) If your Stereo Receiver has a digital audio-in connector (toslink), then use an optical cable to connect it to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT. You can plug headphones into your stereo and set the stereo to match the output the optical cable is connected to.
Option 2) Connect a Dolby Digital Ready Digital-to-Analog(DAC) audio converter to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT and connect your headphones or stereo to the DAC converter using red and white rca audio cables.
How do I change my input labels?
Press "Edit labels" [RED] button, from "Input select" menu. Alternatively, press [MENU] > Setup > Display Customization > Input Labels.
How do I access First Time Setup after the initial setup?
Press [MENU] > Setup > System > Factory Defaults. This will reset the TV and rerun the First Time Setup. Please note: 1. The TV's memory will be cleared. All settings will be erased.2. Downloaded Apps (Viera Connect models) will need to be reinstalled.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I make my wireless signal stronger?
You may need to purchase a signal booster or wireless repeater if your TV is too far away from your router.
How am I able to download the Viera Remote 2 App on my Kindle Fire?
Unfortunately, you are unable to download the Viera Remote 2 App, because Amazon's licensing agreements has limitations in downloading Apps.
Do I need to attach the Bluetooth Adapter to my TV for the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) to work?
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
Connections: What is HDMI ARC?
ARC allows the TV to play the audio from TV programming (or another source device) through a home theater system or an external A/V amplifier device connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) connection.
Connections: How do I connect my TV to audio equipment using HDMI ARC?
Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the back of the TV labeled HDMI 1 (ARC). Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an ARC enabled HDMI connection on your A/V receiver.
Can I use a universal touch pen instead of the TY-TP10U with my TV?
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size
Can I change the order that my files are displayed on the TV from my DLNA server?
Can I add internet applications to my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV only supports the applications that are preloaded onto it.
Will Viera Remote work with Windows based devices?
Will the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) work with my TV?
The Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) will work with your TV. If you have a S60 series TV, you must insert the Bluetooth Adapter that came with the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) into one of the USB ports of the TV first before using the Touch Pen.
Will the touch pad on a keyboard work with the TV?
Will the DY-WL5 wireless adapter work with my TV?
Will my TV support an Apple router?
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Why isn't Netflix available in the VIERA Connect Market?
This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the unit. Try entering 188.8.131.52 as your DNS server address and 184.108.40.206 for the secondary DNS address if that option is available for your unit.
Why did my TV display "No Acitivity for 4 hours" and then turn off by itself?
The TV's default settings will turn the TV off if no button on the remote has been pressed within 4 hours of start up. This feature can be turned off by going to the "Eco" submenu of the Setup menu and changing the "No Activity for 4 hours" setting to "Stay On".
Why are some of the options in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App grayed out?
Options that are greyed out in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App are not available on the TV the app is connected to.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on Network Connections?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to update the firmware of my 2013 TV via the internet?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn on the Sleep Timer of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn off the Eco Message of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to test the Video and Audio of my 2013 TV using the TV Self Test?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to setup my 2013 TV as a Wireless Access Point?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to set a channel as a Favorite in my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to reset my 2013 TV back to factory default settings?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Netflix with my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels into my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to perform a Network Connection Test on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to manually change the Network Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to insert a Note on the Home Screen of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to find the MAC address of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Eco Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Contrast Automatic Tracking System (C.A.T.S.) feature of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wireless network?