50" Class Viera® S14 Series Plasma (49.9" Diagonal)
- 1080p HDTV
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- VIERA Image Viewer™
- VIERA Link™
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 2.26
TV does not respond to the remote or front panel buttons when the TV is tuned to a specific Over-the-Air (OTA) or direct cable channel.
TV freezes or locks up using ANTENNA or CABLE during an automatic channel scan.
Improves the "Auto Power Off" "Off Timer" function according to Energy Star V2.0.
TV audio drops out intermittently when an AV device (cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-Ray Player, etc.) is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
The picture appears to be dark or dim.
The brightness decreases automatically while watching the television.
- Release Date: 7-1-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Model Type Plasma
- Series S14
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.576 x 0.576 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 5,120 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD Plasma Display Panel
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management No
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output No
- Digital Audio Output 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 584 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 269 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.4" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 75.0 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 72.8 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size