50" Class Viera® S14 Series Plasma (49.9" Diagonal)
- 1080p HDTV
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive
- VIERA Image Viewer™
- VIERA Link™
- Model Type Plasma
- Series S14
- Model Year 2009
- Screen Size 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
Contrast RatioDynamic: Infinite Black
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V) 0.576 x 0.576 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation 5,120 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes
4:3, Full for PC mode
- Panel G12 Progressive 1080p HD Plasma Display Panel
- Screen Coating (Filter) New AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter
- Progressive Scan Yes
24p Cinematic PlaybackNo
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
Digital Cinema ColorNo
- Deep Color Yes
- x.v.Color No
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter Yes
- 3D Color Management No
- Sub Pixel Control No
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
20 W ( 10% THD )
(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- BBE® VIVA HD3D Sound No
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input 1
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 2
- RS232C No
- Analog Audio Output No
- Digital Audio Output 1
VIERA Link™ Yes
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention) Yes
- Menu Languages English/Spanish/French
V-Chip Program LockoutYes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Yes
- Video Input Label Yes
- Video Picture Memory Yes
- Remote Control IR
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption 584 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 269 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 32.4" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 30.3" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 75.0 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 72.8 lbs
- Carton Dimensions 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)
TC-50PS14 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from best tv i've ever owned the only strike this tv has is that non hd channels do not look that great.
Date published: 2010-04-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from I really love this TV and great picture quality it provides. The richness in detail of the picture is amazing and definitely convinced me that plasma was a good choice. The only problem is the heat it generates, it can get steamy after a couple hours of watching on this TV.
Date published: 2010-04-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best Purchase Ever For The Money
Date published: 2010-02-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Poor remote sensor location I didn't realize until I got the product home that they put the remote sensor on the bottom of the TV right in the center. As if no one would ever sit the TV on its stand on a cabinet and happen to use a center channel or LCR speaker bar. Using such a speaker obscures the remote sensor. Careless design IMO. The TV is getting returned. Otherwise I was pleased with the TV but that is a deal breaker.
Date published: 2010-02-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from so far so good got it at wherehouse club. excellent picture quality via hdmi cable. stunning blu-ray. 600hrtz makes the grade! without a doubt the best bang for the buck in the plasma world!
Date published: 2009-06-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from so far so good got it a week ago! i went through several plasmas an find this model to be the best ive had in my living room! crystal clear hd cable via hdmi stunning blu ray 1080p via lg bd300 hdmi. im impressed with this panasonic model for the price plasma is far better than lcd in my opionion.
Date published: 2009-06-01
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 2.26
TV does not respond to the remote or front panel buttons when the TV is tuned to a specific Over-the-Air (OTA) or direct cable channel.
TV freezes or locks up using ANTENNA or CABLE during an automatic channel scan.
Improves the "Auto Power Off" "Off Timer" function according to Energy Star V2.0.
TV audio drops out intermittently when an AV device (cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-Ray Player, etc.) is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
The picture appears to be dark or dim.
The brightness decreases automatically while watching the television.
- Release Date: 7-1-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What should I do if my TV will not turn on and the power indicator LED is not flashing?Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your TV's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure the electrical outlet the TV is plugged into has power by testing known working device in that outlet.
- After verifying the TV is plugged into a working outlet, try pressing the [POWER] button on the TV instead of the TV remote.
What should I do if the front Power indicator LED light is blinking?1. Unplug the TV's power cord.
2. Unplug all cables.
3. Power the TV using a different power outlet (do not use a power strip or surge protector).
If the problem persists, consider having the TV serviced. Click here for Panasonic Service Locator.
Note: Count how many times the LED light blinks. This can help a technician troubleshoot the problem.
What should I do if I get audio but no picture from an external device connected to my TV?
- Try unplugging the cable between the TV and the external device and reconnecting it firmly on both sides.
- Try unplugging the power cord of the external device for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another external device to the same input using the same cable.
- If the picture returns on the second device, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the first external device you had connected for further troubleshooting.
- Try using a different cable between your device and the TV using the same input of your TV. If you get a picture and audio, you may need to replace your cable.
- Try another input of the TV to verify if there is an issue with the TV input the external device was connected to.
What should I do if I have bars displaying on the TV screen?Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] or [ASPECT] button on the TV's remote control. If you still have bars, check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc. Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.