42" Class Viera® S24 Series 1080p LCD
- 42" Diagonal
- IPS Panel: A beautiful image from almost any angle
- VIERA Image Viewer™: Enjoy your photos on the big screen
- VIERA Link™: Control multiple compatible devices with one remote
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 2.09
Fixes audio issues where the audio is garbled or muffled. This occurs when a device is connected via an HDMI cable. The issue is random and last approximately 3-5 minutes.
Closed Captioning stops displaying after some time when using Video 1 or Video 2 inputs.
Closed Captioning returns once the TV is powered off, then on again.
- Release Date: 7-29-2010
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Model Type LCD
- Series S24
- Model Year 2010
- Screen Size 42" Class (42.0" diagonal)
- Viewing Angle 178°
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p) Yes
480i/p: Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom
1080i/p: Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Panel IPS 1080p (WSXGA)
- Filter Fine Black Panel
- Backlight EEFL
- Progressive Scan Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3) Yes
- Intelligent Scene Controller Yes
- Motion Focus Technology No
- Contrast (Dynamic) 20,000:1
- 120 Hz Yes
- 24p Smooth Film Yes
- Speakers Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers 2
- Audio Output 20 W ( 10% THD )
- Surround Sound Yes
- INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer™ Y (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI) Yes
- Composite Video Input 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video) 2 (1 side)
- PC Input 1
Component Video Inputs(Y, PB, PR) 1
- Audio Input (for Component Video) 1
- Digital Audio Output 1 (5.1 ch)
- HDMI Input-Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 1)
VIERA Link™ Yes
- Universal Dock for iPod No
- VIERA® Tools Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- Clean Touch Bezel No
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
- Timers Sleep Off-Timers and Programable Timer (5 programs)
- Trilingual Menu English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply AC 110 - 127 V, 60 Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption 96.6 W
- Energy Star Yes
- Receiving System ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Swivel Angle No
- Tilt Angle No
- VESA Compatible Yes
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket TY-WK3L2RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand 26.8" x 40.2" x 12.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand 25.1" x 40.2" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand 45.2 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand 39.7 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions 29.3" x 52.1" x 9.1"
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)] 55.1 lbs.
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.