40" Class Life+ Screen AS520 Series Smart LED LCD TV (39.5" Diag.)
- Personalize your Smart TV interface with Life+ Screen
- Customize your favorite content menus with My Home Screen
- Access a wide range of content and apps with My Home Cloud
- Send social media messages and smartphone content to your TV remotely
- Native 120Hz refresh rate 240 BLB (Back Light Blinking)
- 1080p Full HD Resolution
- 2014 How to Setup Wifi
- 2014 First Time Setup
- 2014 - How to Setup a Location in AccuWeather
- 2014 - How to Insert a Note on the Home Screen
- 2014 - How to Create a my Home Cloud Account
- 2014 - How to Use Remote Sharing
- 2014 How to Make a Skype Call
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Panel LED LCD TV
- Panel Drive 240 blb
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Home Theater/Cinema/Custom
- Viewing Angle 176 degree
- Color Space —
- Studio Master Drive —
- Local Dimming —
- Unique Graphic Engine —
- Noise Reduction Y (Dot Noise Reduction)
- THX Certified Display —
- 4K / 1080p Pure Direct —
- isf Mode —
- 3D Type —
- 2D-3D Conversion —
- Speakers Full Range x 2
- Speaker Output 20 W (10 + 10)
- Stage Surround Sound —
- Surround Mode V-Audio
- my Home Screen Y
- my Stream
- my Stream***** —
- Multi User Profile —
- Voice Assistant
- Voice Print Recognition —
- Voice Command —
- Voice Guidance Y
- Touch Pad Remote (with my Button) —
- Info Bar —
- Built-In Camera — ****
- eHelp Y
- my Home Could Y
- Remote Sharing Y
- Swipe & Share Y
- Panasonic TV Remote 2 (App) Y
- Internet Apps
- Web Browser* Y
- 4K Online Player —
- Unique Processing Engine —
- Wireless LAN Built-In Y
- Display Mirroring Y
- DLNA Y
- Bluetooth** (APT-X Compatible) —
- Media Player
- Media Player (Picture/Movie/Music) Y
- Support Format MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV, JPEG
- Eco Navigation Y
- Energy Star Y
- HDMI (4K 60 Input) —
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- DisplayPort (4K 60 Input) —
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
- USB 2 (USB 2.0 x 2)
- SD Card —
- Ethernet 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (rear)
- Included Accessory*** TV Remote
Power SupplyAC 110 - 127 V, 60 Hz
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 39.5
- On mode Average Power Consumption 37.5 W
- Rated Power Consumption 79 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
Display Resolution1,920 (W) x 1,080 (H)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 904 x 527 x 59 mm / 35.6 x 20.8 x 2.4 inch
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 904 x 570 x 247 mm / 35.6 x 22.5 x 9.8 inch
- Weight (w/o stand) 10.5 kg (23.1 lbs)
- Weight (with stand) 12.0 kg (26.4 lbs)
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 95°F (0°C - 35°C)
- Safety Standard UL60065/FCC Parts15
- VESA Compatible Y
- Carton Dimensions (W x H x D) 1,241 x 620 x 124 mm / 48.9 x 24.5 x 28.6 inch
- Gross Weight (with stand) 15 kg (33.1 lbs)
- Warranty 1 year
- NOTE * The Web Browser cannot display some web pages correctly. And viewable contents by VIERA Web Browser are subject to the following conditions; / - viewable contents may vary depend on models, / - viewable contents may differ from those for PC, / - viewable contents may be limited. / ** HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available. A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant audio devices are available. / *** Not all the accessories are listed here. / **** Skype Camera is optionally available. / ***** Viewable contents may vary depend on regions and services.
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Will the DY-WL5 wireless adapter work with my TV?
Why did some or all of my Remote Sharing messages disappear?
Shared content will only be saved for 30 days.
Why are there black bars on my screen when I use my SC-BTT190/195/196/490?
BLACK BARS ON TOP / BOTTOM:
Most movies are filmed in a format wider than your TV's 16:9 aspect ratio. Some discs adjust the picture to eliminate the borders while other discs keep the film's original format.
When the disc's content is in wide-screen format, then black bars are displayed at the top and bottom of the picture.
Changing the TV's FORMAT (or aspect) setting to a ZOOM mode may eliminate the bars. However, the zooming effect trims the sides of the pictures, so some content is cut off.
BLACK BARS ON LEFT / RIGHT:
Older content is filmed in 4:3 (old TV) format. When playing 4:3 content on your HD TV set, black bars are displayed on each side of the screen.
To eliminate the side bars, change your TV's FORMAT (aspect) settings. For example, Panasonic TV's have a format mode called "JUST" which is specially designed to stretch a 4:3 image to fill the screen.
Why are some of the options in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App grayed out?
Options that are greyed out in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App are not available on the TV the app is connected to.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What should I do if my Bluetooth or USB keyboard does not work with the Amazon Videos on Demand app?
Use your remote control to manipulate the keyboard function within the Amazon Videos on Demand application.
What should I do if I forget the my Home Cloud password I have set for my account?
Click Here then click on Forgot Password.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
How do I turn on my TV with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App can only control the TV once it is turned on and connected to the same network as the IOS or Android device that has the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App installed.
How can I remove the black box that is appearing over most of my TV picture?
Enter the TV's Setup menu and change the "Closed Caption" setting to OFF.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I install Adobe Flash on this TV?
Adobe Flash cannot be installed on this TV. This TV will allow you to view and stream video using other applications available in the VIERA Connect Market.
Does this TV support streaming of 4K content through the Netflix Application?
Does my TV support Remote Sharing?
Does my TV support my Home Cloud?
Can I use the Remote Sharing function of my TV with an Android device?
Remote Sharing is currently only supported by Apple (iOS) devices. You may share photos, videos, or music files using DLNA or the Swipe and Share feature of the VIERA TV Remote 2 App.
Can I buy an extended service contract directly from Panasonic?
Extended warranties can be obtained by calling 1-866-237-2593.