Advanced Optical 78X Zoom with OIS
33mm Wide-angle Lens
Intelligent Auto with AE/AF Tracking
- Records Onto HDD (80GB), SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format MPEG2, H.264/AVC [Motion Image]; JPEG (Still Image)
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/8" CCD
Image Sensor (Effective)
Motion Image & Still Image
0.41 megapixels (Tele) - 0.52 megapixels (Wide) [4:3]
0.38 megapixels (Tele) - 0.47megapixels (Wide) [16:9]
- Total Pixels 0.8 megapixels
- F Value F1.9(WIDE)/5.7(TELE)
Digital Zoom100x / 3500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
- Enhanced Optical Zoom 78x
Focal Length1.48 - 104mm
35mm Film Camera Equivalent
Enhanced Optical Zoom OFF: 37.4mm - 2625mm [4:3]
36.5mm - 2571mm [16:9]
Enhanced Optical Zoom ON: 33.5mm - 2625mm [4:3]
32.8mm - 2571mm [16:9]
- Lens Type Panasonic
- Image Stabilizer Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Still Picture Recording:4:3 .3 megapixels (640 x 480)
- Still Picture Recording:16:9 .2 megapixels (640 x 360)
- Shutter Speed: Motion Image Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30-1/8000 OFF : 1/60-1/8000
- Shutter Speed: Still Image Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30-1/8000OFF : 1/60-1/8000
- Minimum Illumination 5.0 lx (1/30 Low Light scean mode) 2 lx (Color Night Rec)
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
- Focus Auto/Manual
- White Balance Auto/Indoor1/Indoor2/Sunny/Cloudy/White Set
- Iris Auto/Manual
- Backlight Compensation Yes
- LCD Monitor 2.7" Wide LCD (123,200 pixels)
- Simultaneous Recording 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3], 0.2 megapixels (640 x 360) [16:9]
- Creating Still Picture from Motion Picture 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3], 0.2 megapixels (640 x 360) [16:9]
- Microphone Stereo mic., Zoom mic.
- Speaker Dynamic type
- On-Screen Display Language English, French, Spanish
- Media Remaining Indication Yes
- RECORDING & PLAYBACK
- Signal System 525/60i
- Video Recording Format MPEG2, H.264/AVC [Motion Image]
- Recording Mode XP (10Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480) SP (5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480) LP (2.5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480) LXP (5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480) LSP (2.5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480) LLP (1.25Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 480)
Audio Recording System
XP/SP/LP: HDD: Dolby Digital (2ch),
SD Card: Dolby Digital (2ch), MPEG1 AudioLayer 2,
LXP/LSP/LLP: HDD / SD Card :AAC
- Still Picture JPEG; 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3], 0.2 megapixels (640 x 360) [16:9]
- SD CARD FEATURES
- DPOF Max. 999 images
- JACKS .
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- AV Out
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- AC Adaptor Yes
- AV Cable Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- Rechargeable Battery Pack min. 1790 mAh / Lithium-Ion
- Included Software VideoCam Suite 3.0
- Power Supply DC3.6V/5.0V
- Power Consumption 3.5W (Recording)/7.7W (Charging)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) inches 2.52 x 2.17 x 4.22
- Weight (lbs) Approx. 0.60
- Weight (w/o Battery) approx. 273g/.60lb
- Dimension (W x H x D) 2.17" x 2.52" x 4.22"
- AC Cable Yes
- DC Cable included AC Adaptor
- UPC 885170002463
SDR-H85A is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Software for SDR-H85 I saw the following comment from a Jan 2017 review. "This was fine until our PC died. The new PC is Win 10 and won't load the old software, and the link on Panasonic's site to download software doesn't work. So now we can't share our videos". I cannot download videos at all. What is Panasonic's current position on this? It is a major game changer with this camera.
Date published: 2017-04-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from great camera - not so great software We've owned ours for over 3 years and used it extensively. It does a great job of recording - our only negative being that it does not do as well as some in a moving vehicle. It does a great job both indoors and outdoors otherwise, and we have used it many times to record school concerts and plays from the back of a darkened auditorium with wonderful results. The camera connects readily to a PC and pops up like any external storage device so you can copy photos on or off easily. Our major negative is that video recordings on the disk are not in a standard format so they can be copied directly onto other devices (like a PC) and played. They must first be imported via Panasonic's software and then saved off in a usable format. This was fine until our PC died. The new PC is Win 10 and won't load the old software, and the link on Panasonic's site to download software doesn't work. So now we can't share our videos. All would have been averted if the camera recorded MP4's like the advertising says it does. And then the review would have been a perfect 5!
Date published: 2017-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from sdr-h85 panasonic video camera is good.one problem in camera display always show maximum yellow.
Date published: 2011-01-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Standard Camcorder Ease of use, no need to convert MPEG format, Great
Date published: 2010-07-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great camcorder for everyday life User friendly, inexpensive, great size and weight
Date published: 2010-06-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2010-05-22
Firmware & Drivers DRIVERS
Does software come with this camcorder?HD Writer VE 2.0 You can copy the motion/still picture data to the HDD of PCs or write to media such as Blu-ray discs, DVD discs or SD cards using HD Writer VE 2.0, which is the software installed in the supplied CD-ROM. Refer to the operating instructions of HD Writer VE 2.0 (PDF file) for details on how to use it.
Are there drivers available for Windows 7 or 8?No, there are no drivers for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If I turn the camcorder upside down , I hear rattling noise is this normal?This rattling noise is the Optical image stabilization sensor which assists with reduces any handshake while recording. This is normal.
How do I clean my camcorder?Before cleaning, detach the battery or pull out the AC adaptor from the AC outlet, and then wipe the product with a dry soft cloth.