H100 Series Camcorder with 78x Optical Zoom
- MEDIA .
- Records Onto HDD (80GB), SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- LENS .
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/8" CCD
Image Sensor (Effective)
Motion Image & Still Image:
0.41 megapixels - 0.52 megapixels [4:3]
0.38 megapixels - 0.47megapixels [16:9]
- Total Pixels 0.8 megapixels
- F Value F1.9(WIDE)/5.7(TELE)
Digital Zoom100x / 3500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
- Enhanced Optical Zoom 78x
Focal Length1.48 - 104mm
35mm Film Camera Equivalent
Enhanced Optical Zoom OFF: 37.4mm - 2625mm [4:3]
36.5mm - 2571mm [16:9]
Enhanced Optical Zoom ON: 33.5mm - 2625mm [4:3]
32.8mm - 2571mm [16:9]
- Lens Type Panasonic
- CAMERA .
- Image Stabilizer Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Still Picture Recording:4:3 .3 megapixels (640 x 480)
- Still Picture Recording:16:9 .2 megapixels (640 x 360)
Shutter Speed: Motion Image
[60i] Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30-1/8000
OFF : 1/60-1/8000
5.0 lx (1/30 Low Light scean mode)
2 lx (Color Night Rec)
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
- Focus Auto/Manual
- White Balance Auto/Indoor1/Indoor2/Sunny/Cloudy/White Set
- Iris Auto/Manual
- Backlight Compensation Yes
- LCD Monitor 2.7" Wide LCD (123,200 pixels)
- Simultaneous Recording 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3], 0.2 megapixels (640 x 360) [16:9]
- Creating Still Picture from Motion Picture 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3], 0.2 megapixels (640 x 360) [16:9]
- Microphone Stereo mic., Zoom mic.
- Speaker Dynamic type
- On-Screen Display Language English / Spanish
- Media Remaining Indication Yes
- RECORDING & PLAYBACK .
- Signal System 525/60i
- Video Recording Format MPEG2, H.264/AVC [Motion Image]
XP (10Mbps / VBR), (720 x 480)
SP (5Mbps / VBR), (720 x 480)
LP (2.5Mbps / VBR), (720 x 480)
- Audio Recording System HDD: Dolby Digital [2ch], SD Card: Dolby Digital [2ch], MPEG1 Audio Layer 2
- SD CARD FEATURES .
- DPOF Max. 999 images
- JACKS .
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- AV Out
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES .
- AC Adaptor Yes
- AV Cable Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- Rechargeable Battery Pack min. 1790 mAh / Lithium-Ion
- Included Software VideoCam Suite 3.5
- GENERAL .
- Power Supply DC3.6V/5.0V
- Power Consumption Max. 3.6W (Recording) / Max. 7.7W (Charging)
- Weight (w/o Battery) approx. 273g/.60lb
- Dimension (W x H x D) 2.17" x 2.52" x 4.22"
- AC Cable Yes
- DC Cable Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 3.7813'' x 7.5313'' x 5.4063''
- UPC 885170040571
SDR-H100 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Consider it a kids toy While in Alaska, I was standing on a deck eye level with a bald eagle perched in a tree. The camera was on a tripod setting on the hand rail. I took my time to setup the shot so the auto focus could make its necessary adjustments.(NO MANUAL FOCUS) The eagle took to flight, and I snapped a shot just as its talons left the branch. The picture look great on the small display. I transferred the image to my computer and it was so grainy I almost trashed the camera right there. Its only saving grace is that it is fair for micro photography. Give this one to the kids. They will learn what NOT to buy when they are ready for serious photography.
Date published: 2015-03-08
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from I'm sorry I bought this camera The video quality is poor. If you take video indoors, forget it. Everything is blurry , grainy, looks out of focus.Outdoors is not bad. The zoom is very good.
Date published: 2013-02-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2011-09-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Worst Misleading Camera Ever This video camera can ONLY upload videos to a PC. I HAVE A MAC. So i cannot upload ANY OF MY VIDEOS TO MY COMPUTER! This was very upsetting after i had spent alot of money on this video camera to not be able to use any of the videos! Worst of all is that nowhere on the box that it came in did it say that it only works with PC computers. Not until you get into the middle of the owner's manual does it state that. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE A MAC!!!!!!!
Date published: 2011-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great camcorder. This is my fourth camcorder since 1987 and it's by far the best of the bunch. Very small and light, I can add it to my DSLR backpack and it takes up no more space than a lens. Video quality is great and sound is good. The only negative I have with this camera, and most of them now, is that there is no input for a good microphone.
Date published: 2011-07-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from
Date published: 2011-05-22
Does software come with this camcorder?HD Writer VE 2.0 You can copy the motion/still picture data to the HDD of PCs or write to media such as Blu-ray discs, DVD discs or SD cards using HD Writer VE 2.0, which is the software installed in the supplied CD-ROM. Refer to the operating instructions of HD Writer VE 2.0 (PDF file) for details on how to use it.
Are there drivers available for Windows 7 or 8?No, there are no drivers for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If I turn the camcorder upside down , I hear rattling noise is this normal?This rattling noise is the Optical image stabilization sensor which assists with reduces any handshake while recording. This is normal.
How do I clean my camcorder?Before cleaning, detach the battery or pull out the AC adaptor from the AC outlet, and then wipe the product with a dry soft cloth.